Skip to main content

Episode Australian Survivor (2017) - Episode 5 Discussion

...what I loved the most about tonight's show was that Aimee was so smug while watching Tarzan and Tess struggling and squirming last night and that she so enjoyed cosying up to her 'protectors' in Locky and the others the next morning lol!... she was totally gobsmacked when her name started to come out after AK's 4 names and then her names just kept coming and coming and coming lol!... the 'stunned mullet' expressions on her face were pure gold for me lol!... what a brilliant result!...

...I so want Tess to scrape through this because when the tribes finally merge she will have at least a few of the Asaga tribe looking after her I imagine... as much as I can't stand AK I'm so glad that Aimee the smug-arsed bitch went just for the looks on her face alone!... lol!... now if they could only get Locky/Tara and AK out it would be perfect!... lol!... cheers.

Locky's and Tara's reactions were pretty good too. I want AK to stay for the tribes merging because I want him to get rid of SAS Mark. Because I worry if there aren't enough game players at the end someone like Mark is just going to cruise to the end and make this whole season a borefest.

AK was good at the tribal and obviously at recruitment this time round. But it still irks me that he went up to Locky and said something like "I'm really not trying to blindside you Locky, I promise". A 'mastermind' wouldn't do that.

The tribal was interesting as two different blindsides were being played out, though AK may have had an idea he was in danger I don't think the goofy one (Aimee) had any idea. But keeping Locky in could be dangerous if some go back to him, and they have lost immunity challenges with him there anyway. Did they have tribe switches last year, I've forgotten.

I'm not sure about the random draw idea for the challenge, It seemed to leave it open too much to chance. With that challenge it was always about to come down to the strongest on the tribes anyway, the rest just weren't going to figure. So when the strongest on one tribe got paired up but didn't on the other then it was pretty much over.

It felt like Locky, Tara and then Aimee at the end were being built up through the episode for their downfall. If they'd escaped again I don't think most of the audience would have been happy, but the edit this time didn't give us the false hope like we had yesterday.

OMG guys, you'd never guess she is wearing hair extensions :hilarious: :

5d875223e558e4b73edf775c0f3e4d7d

Her hairdresser should be sacked, just like whoever cast her.

Source

A terrific blindside!
Loving Tessa, and AK is great to watch too as the archetypal guy you love to hate.
BTW, you'd all be pleased to know that last night Survivor came 2nd in the ratings in its timeslot AND beat Hell's Kitchen into 3rd place.

The blindside was decent but the one the previous episode would have been better, it's always great when a small group blindsides most of a tribe. It may not always change the game so much but it's always dramatic. Plus it went after a main player rather than a sidekick who's hardly featured in the episodes.

I'm still not that convinced AK is the 'mastermind' we keep getting told, it's a bit too insistent and archetypal in the edit. And I was bit annoyed we weren't shown all of the recruitment (Anneliese), maybe that was to make it more up in the air and to create more suspense though.

If anyone is the "mastermind" it's Tessa, she's managed to save her own ass three times in a row from what seemed like an un-saveable position. We may not have seen it, but it's possible she played Tarzan like a fiddle. She may be this years Kristie. She gives at least some hope for an intelligent game. Well, at least she doesn't sit at tribal council going "stewth mate, I'm spewing at the idea of being chucked out Jonno, far out mate.".

The blindside was decent but the one the previous episode would have been better, it's always great when a small group blindsides most of a tribe. It may not always change the game so much but it's always dramatic. Plus it went after a main player rather than a sidekick who's hardly featured in the episodes.

I'm still not that convinced AK is the 'mastermind' we keep getting told, it's a bit too insistent and archetypal in the edit. And I was bit annoyed we weren't shown all of the recruitment (Anneliese), maybe that was to make it more up in the air and to create more suspense though.

Anneliese voted for AK. It was Ziggy that voted for Aimee as we were told that her, AK and Jarrad were tight.

Booya blindside. Cheerio bunny-brain, enjoy that pot of whatever. Best thing is the real target wasn't bunny-brain but Miss Superiority Complex and the Dimjock sidekick. That exchanged look between the two of them said it all...Yikes we only got 4 on our side... err make that 3... and we thought !!!!!!! Go Ratty may you long stick around cos at least you give us a game, and nobody on pink (except Jarrad) have game smarts of any kind.

AK was good at the tribal and obviously at recruitment this time round. But it still irks me that he went up to Locky and said something like "I'm really not trying to blindside you Locky, I promise". A 'mastermind' wouldn't do that.

The tribal was interesting as two different blindsides were being played out, though AK may have had an idea he was in danger I don't think the goofy one (Aimee) had any idea. But keeping Locky in could be dangerous if some go back to him, and they have lost immunity challenges with him there anyway. Did they have tribe switches last year, I've forgotten.

I'm not sure about the random draw idea for the challenge, It seemed to leave it open too much to chance. With that challenge it was always about to come down to the strongest on the tribes anyway, the rest just weren't going to figure. So when the strongest on one tribe got paired up but didn't on the other then it was pretty much over.

It felt like Locky, Tara and then Aimee at the end were being built up through the episode for their downfall. If they'd escaped again I don't think most of the audience would have been happy, but the edit this time didn't give us the false hope like we had yesterday.

Yeah the challenge was pretty much predictable once SAS guy and Henry were side by side. And Locky doesn't seem that good at challenges.

He probably isn't much of a mastermind, but he probably thinks he's the smartest person in the game. But I'd rather have someone like him on the show than someone droning on about loyalty and mateship in their camera confessionals.

Booya blindside. Cheerio bunny-brain, enjoy that pot of whatever. Best thing is the real target wasn't bunny-brain but Miss Superiority Complex and the Dimjock sidekick. That exchanged look between the two of them said it all...Yikes we only got 4 on our side... err make that 3... and we thought !!!!!!! Go Ratty may you long stick around cos at least you give us a game, and nobody on pink (except Jarrad) have game smarts of any kind.

Yeah that was good too see.

He probably isn't much of a mastermind, but he probably thinks he's the smartest person in the game. But I'd rather have someone like him on the show than someone droning on about loyalty and mateship in their camera confessionals.

Oh I agree about that. And he is a fan of the show apparently, so that's normally a good sign for gameplay. It's not so much him I'm annoyed by as the edit making out he's a mastermind, whether he really thinks that I don't know, he might just be playing it up as well for the storyline. As I said before he reminds me, with how he is made to stand out, of Andrew last year.

And maybe Tessa is reminiscent of Phoebe. Surviving against the odds so far.

...hey welcome to the madness of our forums Giddyup!... it's always great to get new members with different opinions and input into the threads... I hope that you stay with us my friend... again... welcome!... cheers.

Oh I agree about that. And he is a fan of the show apparently, so that's normally a good sign for gameplay. It's not so much him I'm annoyed by as the edit making out he's a mastermind, whether he really thinks that I don't know, he might just be playing it up as well for the storyline. As I said before he reminds me, with how he is made to stand out, of Andrew last year.

And maybe Tessa is reminiscent of Phoebe. Surviving against the odds so far.

The edit in the show is weird, with only focusing on a few people. I mean they spent two episodes spending time with Jericho and his master cookie plan.

Was super happy with this episode! I absolutely love Tessa's logic and efficiency when it comes to decision making. She knows exactly what position she is in and what needs to be done, which I commend. Such a strong attitude to have. Hopefully now she won't have to be tortured every tribal.

I wish we got to see more of the motivations regarding Jarrad and Ziggy's decision to betray the alliance and side with AK. Jarrad was going so far as to even recruit Peter so clearly we was dedicated. I know AK used the idol to bond with Jarrad in an earlier episode but I didn't think it actually worked. Ziggy is just a ? to me. No characterization.

Also, in an earlier episode Tarzan stated how Annaliese was the weakest member of the tribe (or something to that effect). When they were talking about who was on the bottom, it was kind of implied that she was above AK, Jarrad and Ziggy. I get AK being dead last but I can't picture how she is more valuable than the other two. Maybe she is just like a goat that can be sacrificed later on and poses little threat which is why Locky valued her higher.

Was super happy with this episode! I absolutely love Tessa's logic and efficiency when it comes to decision making. She knows exactly what position she is in and what needs to be done, which I commend. Such a strong attitude to have. Hopefully now she won't have to be tortured every tribal.

I wish we got to see more of the motivations regarding Jarrad and Ziggy's decision to betray the alliance and side with AK. Jarrad was going so far as to even recruit Peter so clearly we was dedicated. I know AK used the idol to bond with Jarrad in an earlier episode but I didn't think it actually worked. Ziggy is just a ? to me. No characterization.

Also, in an earlier episode Tarzan stated how Annaliese was the weakest member of the tribe (or something to that effect). When they were talking about who was on the bottom, it was kind of implied that she was above AK, Jarrad and Ziggy. I get AK being dead last but I can't picture how she is more valuable than the other two. Maybe she is just like a goat that can be sacrificed later on and poses little threat which is why Locky valued her higher.

Welcome to the forums.

Reactions: kxk

...whoa!... yet another new member!... welcome to our forums too Moiststrip!... as I said to Giddyup just earlier... someone else whose new opinions will be great to share on the threads... have fun... we always do... again... welcome to the forums... cheers.

So...two new posters with dubious nicks. And someone else posting prolifically all day.

Things that make you go hmmmmm

...well Tuttle... if they are genuine new posters... great!... if they are not... bummer!... but welcome both Giddyup and Moiststrip regardless!... lol!... (I so love your suspicious nature Tuttle... I thrive on it lol! ;):thumbsup::biggrin: ... you always manage to keep everyone on their toes with it)... keep up the great work lol!... cheers.

Back