Skip to main content

Episode Australian Survivor (2017) - Episode 4 Discussion

Some dislike in here tonight of Jericho's actions...
I didn't have a problem with it, as he's treating Survivor as a game, which it clearly is. You're not there to make friends, though I'm sure he'll make a few. Mentioning his religion is a bit on the nose on an Australian reality show, so hopefully he dumps that. But I'm liking him, at least he's having fun, unlike the majority of morose morons.

I didn't have a problem with it, as he's treating Survivor as a game, which it clearly is. You're not there to make friends, though I'm sure he'll make a few. Mentioning his religion is a bit on the nose on an Australian reality show, so hopefully he dumps that. But I'm liking him, at least he's having fun, unlike the majority of morose morons.
Agree, he did a complete confessional early in the ep explaining how he was going to play up his Christianity while playing the game hard. You don't win Survivor without fooling some of the people some of the time. I would say he's smarter than he looks but his cookie strategy might negate that.

I didn't mind it either, though I don't quite know if it will work or not.

In Big Brother US, where like Survivor lying and backstabbing are part of the game, there was a player called Dan Gheesling who was a Christian who would often swear on the Bible that he wouldn't vote said person out and then proceed to get rid of them anyway.

What terrible gameplay, I just didn't understand why Tarzan told AK at all. All he had to do was act normal and just tell Tessa. Destroyed a sweet blindside. I expect they wouldn't have split the vote otherwise.

I wonder if Tarzan understood that the moral dilemma instructions didn't mean he couldn't tell anyone, it sounded like he thought it meant he could only keep the biscuits for himself. Anyway he kept to his open/honest approach which he stated in a previous episode. Though I suppose he did it mainly just to try and keep some trust as much as anything, and that was a good idea for the oncoming blindside till he messed everything up. Bonus points to him for saying 'biscuits' rather than 'cookies' anyway.

I also didn't understand Tessa telling them that she was going to look for an idol either. They probably thought she would but no need to signal it at that point, it's not like she was ever getting numbers.

Jericho keeps going on about his 'unselfish Christian ways' as if not everyone has selfishness in them.

Oh, and this host/presenter guy keeps saying 'neck and neck' in every single challenge even when it isn't. It's like his main catchphrase now.

Damn passed the edit for 10 minutes and now I have to think up what I wrote all over again which isn't convenient at all.

Anyway checked the votes, both AK and Tarzan voted for Tessa. AK was obviously hedging his bets and Tarzan may have wanted to look good as going with the group after having helped Tessa. Both their votes were needed though as a tie would have meant a revote and an easy vote for Tarzan. Tarzan did save Tessa as the storyline promised in the episode but he clearly didn't carry out the blindside as well as he should have.

I agree starry. Tarzan had good intentions but his gameplay sucked.
Mistake #1 was bringing AK into it at all, Yes, he may be on the bottom of his tribe, but he lacks the self-awareness or trustworthiness to be included in anything.
Mistake #2 was his incredibly poor acting in trying to convince Locky he was going to roll over & accept his fate, and mistake #3 was voting for Tess, which would have gained him absolutely nothing even if he and Tess both survived. They might have figured out he had voted with them if there had been no votes for any of them, but all trust would have been broken anyway after he gave Tess his idol.

So far, only people who have had a huge part of the edit have gone. Does that mean that absolute nobodies like Peter, Odette, Tully, Aimee, Annaliese etc go far into the game?

So far, only people who have had a huge part of the edit have gone. Does that mean that absolute nobodies like Peter, Odette, Tully, Aimee, Annaliese etc go far into the game?

It could be anyone's game. They have to focus the edit in on a few personalities, early on, or its overwhelming - they create storylines from the mountains of footage. I have no doubt that others will emerge as thoughtful and interesting and even cunning players later on, but for now that footage is mostly buried.

Pink tribe are STUPID, I was originally behind that tribe since gorgeous Jarrad & Plumber girl have to put up with them.
They are doomed, bumping 2 big guys, they have killed their immunity chances now, and they have slimey AK

I like Jerrico & Luke now for amusement, and poor Tessa, hope she gets some kind of life saving twist.

...I'm re-watching Survivor again at the moment (to look for any potential Photoshopping material)... and noticed something that I didn't pick up on last night... or should I say... we all didn't mention last night... when they all woke up the next morning after the Tribal Council which sent 'Tarzan' home... a few of them mentioned that they were into their 10th day already...

...so they've been there for 10 days and there have only been 4 episodes so far?... what the fug?... so apparently they're supposed to be there for somewhere around 50 odd days per season right?... so if 10 days = 4 episodes then are we only getting about another 12- 16 episodes this season or something?... so with only 2 episodes per week does that mean that this series will only be running for around 6-8 weeks all up then?... I hope that I'm wrong because I'll be feeling ripped off big time!... just saying... and... can anyone remember how many episodes there were last year and how long the show ran for by any chance?... cheers.

...I've just answered my own question folks... (Wikipedia and Google are our friends) lol!... I found this on there...

2017-08-07_11-10-42.jpg

...so there were 26 episodes for that season eh?... I hope that it'll be about that for this season too at least (it seemed like more episodes than that last season for me anyway... lol!)... anyhow... question solved!... nothing to see here... move along... move along!... cheers.

a few of them mentioned that they were into their 10th day already...

...so they've been there for 10 days and there have only been 4 episodes so far?... what the fug?... so apparently they're supposed to be there for somewhere around 50 odd days per season right?... so if 10 days = 4 episodes then are we only getting about another 12- 16 episodes this season or something?... so with only 2 episodes per week does that mean that this series will only be running for around 6-8 weeks all up then?... I hope that I'm wrong because I'll be feeling ripped off big time!... just saying... and... can anyone remember how many episodes there were last year and how long the show ran for by any chance?... cheers.
Last year there were four episodes without anyone getting voted out. And tribal councils (normally every third day in the US version) were anywhere between two and four days apart (see the 2016 wiki). So they will spin it out to 26 episodes again most likely.

Also, did Mark H just want to leave? Remember the comment he made last week about "staying another night in this shithole"? I think he just put on a brave face and threw it.
I read something on google this morning that he suffered from bad dysentery (is there any other sort?) two days after leaving. So, in that regard, he was probably saved from some real nastiness in those conditions. Nastiness all round really, but who wants to get sick in that environment. No doubt AK would be pestering him while he was evacuating his bowels to see if they were in an alliance, or something like that.

Back