Skip to main content

Episode Australian Survivor (2017) - Episode 4 Discussion

What terrible gameplay, I just didn't understand why Tarzan told AK at all. All he had to do was act normal and just tell Tessa. Destroyed a sweet blindside. I expect they wouldn't have split the vote otherwise.

I wonder if Tarzan understood that the moral dilemma instructions didn't mean he couldn't tell anyone, it sounded like he thought it meant he could only keep the biscuits for himself. Anyway he kept to his open/honest approach which he stated in a previous episode. Though I suppose he did it mainly just to try and keep some trust as much as anything, and that was a good idea for the oncoming blindside till he messed everything up. Bonus points to him for saying 'biscuits' rather than 'cookies' anyway.

I also didn't understand Tessa telling them that she was going to look for an idol either. They probably thought she would but no need to signal it at that point, it's not like she was ever getting numbers.

Jericho keeps going on about his 'unselfish Christian ways' as if not everyone has selfishness in them.

Oh, and this host/presenter guy keeps saying 'neck and neck' in every single challenge even when it isn't. It's like his main catchphrase now.

Maybe he was hoping to build an alliance between himself, AK and Tessa? Because he probably thought that AK was on the bottom of Lockys' losers so maybe was hoping that AK would help him get rid of locky. Though of course that doesn't make any sense because Tarzan voted for Tessa anyway...

Damn passed the edit for 10 minutes and now I have to think up what I wrote all over again which isn't convenient at all.

Anyway checked the votes, both AK and Tarzan voted for Tessa. AK was obviously hedging his bets and Tarzan may have wanted to look good as going with the group after having helped Tessa. Both their votes were needed though as a tie would have meant a revote and an easy vote for Tarzan. Tarzan did save Tessa as the storyline promised in the episode but he clearly didn't carry out the blindside as well as he should have.

He needed more alliances rather than just AK and Tessa.

I agree starry. Tarzan had good intentions but his gameplay sucked.
Mistake #1 was bringing AK into it at all, Yes, he may be on the bottom of his tribe, but he lacks the self-awareness or trustworthiness to be included in anything.
Mistake #2 was his incredibly poor acting in trying to convince Locky he was going to roll over & accept his fate, and mistake #3 was voting for Tess, which would have gained him absolutely nothing even if he and Tess both survived. They might have figured out he had voted with them if there had been no votes for any of them, but all trust would have been broken anyway after he gave Tess his idol.

Locky's cult like grip on his tribe must be very strong if Tarzan thought that AK was the only one to really be trusted out of that alliance.

This is interesting. So it didn't matter that Tarzan told AK, they would have split the votes between Tessa and Tarzan anyway, so they would have needed two idols to both stay.

Locklan Gilbert
To put a end to it we where always spliting the votes
1f642.png

??? The media could not be played.

Do tell.

Ok here is the main part of what he said:

"....I voted for Tessa as a vote of confidence, which if you read the bottom of my vote it says, win this girl....and I clearly knew I was going home that night, it was unmistakable…and as you can see I am here…so it was a vote of confidence for Tess."

Ok here is the main part of what he said:

I voted for Tessa as a vote of confidence, which if you read the bottom of my vote it says, win this girl....and I clearly knew I was going home that night, it was unmistakable…and as you can see I am here…so it was a vote of confidence for Tess.
yeah I got there with my VPN or VPL, I forget which. Cheers though.

Silly for them to post a geo blocked video, the other clips they posted on Twitter haven't been.

Thanks tho. And yeah I thought maybe he wanted to go but obviously he realised it was going to be him or Tessa so he saved her so he and his dysentery could go home.

I didn't actually pick up all the votes at the end, because they kept cutting back to Tarzan during them so missed the last one. They actually split them 4/3, I missed the guy in the glasses at the end (don't even know his name). So they obviously completely knew there was a potential blindside and even having AK and Tarzan vote for Locky would only have been a tie. Tarzan probably wished he'd took the cookies now rather than got them firewood.

So they needed a total blindside or more numbers (as Reepbot said). It reminds me more of Big Brother in the US where you have big alliances that are very difficult to break up. The US Survivor is different and it's possible more could have gone for it in that version, as people go for big moves now if they think they are near the bottom and will take out someone in control.

I didn't actually pick up all the votes at the end, because they kept cutting back to Tarzan during them so missed the last one. They actually split them 4/3, I missed the guy in the glasses at the end (don't even know his name). So they obviously completely knew there was a potential blindside and even having AK and Tarzan vote for Locky would only have been a tie. Tarzan probably wished he'd took the cookies now rather than got them firewood.

So they needed a total blindside or more numbers (as Reepbot said). It reminds me more of Big Brother in the US where you have big alliances that are very difficult to break up. The US Survivor is different and it's possible more could have gone for it in that version, as people go for big moves now if they think they are near the bottom and will take out someone in control.

I'm hoping for an all female alliance in the Samatau tribe so they can boot out Locky but I fear they'll just follow their cult leader.

Some dislike in here tonight of Jericho's actions...
I didn't have a problem with it, as he's treating Survivor as a game, which it clearly is. You're not there to make friends, though I'm sure he'll make a few. Mentioning his religion is a bit on the nose on an Australian reality show, so hopefully he dumps that. But I'm liking him, at least he's having fun, unlike the majority of morose morons.
I don't disagree with his actions, just can't stand the constant "I'm a christian" stuff.
I just don't care dude, and you just come across as a wanker saying it.

Back