Skip to main content

Episode Australian Survivor (2017) - Episode 26 Finale & Reunion Discussion

Would have been an interesting twist had Tara won, but her saying she didn't play till the final few days seemed the final big mistake, what a stupid thing to say.

The only part of the episode that seemed interesting for me was the final tribal council and a few speeches like Jarrod and Henry. I don't think Jericho did that much, but others let him sail by in the final weeks. His argument at tribal that he was a risky player didn't sound convincing. His biggest move he said was coming across the biscuits that had been left out in the open on the beach. It's a pretty obvious move to use them to get allies, but in the edit it looked more like something they did to make fun of others more than anything. He was completely blindsided by Luke going, did Tara even use that? At least with her she used her shield and then got rid of him I guess.

Neither Tara or Jericho were that great in their speeches, would have been interesting to see what Michelle might have said. Her voice can grate on people though so I wonder if that would have been a handicap anyway. Even if she makes good points she can sound too strident for some.

Otherwise a predictable episode for me, Tara first out of the challenge, and Jericho has more strength than Pete I would have thought as he is more contained than the more lanky Pete (and the cold may have affected Peter more). Some 0f the audience had already spread what the final challenge was, though they spoiled it in the preview at the start of the episode anyway. Bit boring to do the same as last year I thought, but at least they went back to Australia for the reveal. Quite a few seemed surprised at that. The in-challenge interviews do get a bit boring for me with that immunity, it's like they are just pointless questions to pass the time.

The last big tribal I thought was Ziggy v Luke, after that one of the logical moves was to target Jericho but nobody did till at the end and Tara messed that up. Tara keeping Jericho in was about as stupid as, from my memory, the moves that [spoiler on older US seasons]
kept Sandra in by that scout woman years ago, or Woo keeping Tony.

Something that was strange to me in the final weeks was this line that it's best to bring a deserving/strong player person to the end. First I don't believe a person could think that if they want to win, and if they do think that then they aren't that intelligent. Sometimes it was likely used as a bullshitting reason by a strong player to keep them around, but if anyone took it seriously...

Overall a season worth watching but I felt the final few episodes made it a weaker ending. Some of them like Ziggy, Locky, Tara kind of handed it to Jericho.

Last edited:
I got an invite to participate.

I didn't & didn't even respond to say no thanks.

No one gave a shit that I didn't respond or didn't participate.
My mistake was I responded, repeatedly to requests. Live and learn.

Would have been an interesting twist had Tara won, but her saying she didn't play till the final few days seemed the final big mistake, what a stupid thing to say.

The only part of the episode that seemed interesting for me was the final tribal council and a few speeches like Jarrod and Henry. I don't think Jericho did that much, but others let him sail by in the final weeks. His argument at tribal that he was a risky player didn't sound convincing. His biggest move he said was coming across the biscuits that had been left out in the open on the beach. It's a pretty obvious move to use them to get allies, but in the edit it looked more like something they did to make fun of others more than anything. He was completely blindsided by Luke going, did Tara even use that? At least with her she used her shield and then got rid of him I guess.

Neither Tara or Jericho were that great in their speeches, would have been interesting to see what Michelle might have said. Her voice can grate on people though so I wonder if that would have been a handicap anyway. Even if she makes good points she can sound too strident for some.

Otherwise a predictable episode for me, Tara first out of the challenge, and Jericho has more strength than Pete I would have thought as he is more contained than the more lanky Pete (and the cold may have affected Peter more). Some 0f the audience had already spread what the final challenge was, though they spoiled it in the preview at the start of the episode anyway. Bit boring to do the same as last year I thought, but at least they went back to Australia for the reveal. Quite a few seemed surprised at that. The in-challenge interviews do get a bit boring for me with that immunity, it's like they are just pointless questions to pass the time.

The last big tribal I thought was Ziggy v Luke, after that one of the logical moves was to target Jericho but nobody did till at the end and Tara messed that up. Tara keeping Jericho in was about as stupid as, from my memory, the moves that [spoiler on older US seasons]

Something that was strange to me in the final weeks was this line that it's best to bring a deserving/strong player person to the end. First I don't believe a person could think that if they want to win, and if they do think that then they aren't that intelligent. Sometimes it was likely used as a bullshitting reason by a strong player to keep them around, but if anyone took it seriously...

Overall a season worth watching but I felt the final few episodes made it a weaker ending. Some of them like Ziggy, Locky, Tara kind of handed it to Jericho.

Great analysis. Completely agree.

For me the biggest moment in the game would have to be the first tribe swap. With Tara she got another chance and the others saw her as the perfect goat. But the more important part of the swap happened when Henry volunteered to go over to Sumatau. Now at the time we all thought it was a stupid move, and we were right. But now, looking back on it, it would have to be one of the stupidest moves in reality tv history.

- Henry going over to the other side exposes Jackie, Kent, and Odette on Asaga. Luke, Sarah, Jericho, and Michelle take advantage of this by recruiting the two former sumatau tribe members and wiping out any trace of Henry's alliance during the merge.

- Henry takes the idol with him, which he never uses during his time on the show, weakening his Asaga alliance and enabling Luke and his alliance to take control.

- Henry never really has as much control as he did in his new tribe than he did at asaga. If they hadn't won so many challenges he might have gone home earlier.

I think Michelle would have won if she managed to get to final two, which is probably why no one wanted to take her.

Tara keeping Jericho, from what I heard from Michelle on her jury video, was the result of Tessa calling Tara a weak player during the jury elimination questions. Apparently Tara got so spooked by that from Tessa that she thought she just had to make some kind of move that she could go to the final tribal council meeting.

If I was Jericho I would have said that Australian survivor really doesn't lend itself to big game moves. And then reference people like Henry or Luke who played big but ended up with nothing.

With Tara she got another chance and the others saw her as the perfect goat.

- Henry takes the idol with him, which he never uses during his time on the show, weakening his Asaga alliance and enabling Luke and his alliance to take control.

Yes, the Tara point is one I hadn't thought of. Anyone who comes back into the game is likely to be seen as a great goat.

Henry made a mistake switching tribes, but he had the idol so that was some kind of insurance. Him not using it was definitely one of the worst mistakes of the season, highlighted by the fact that Locky was telling him to use it. But Locky didn't know he was being targeted and was surprised when he went it it seemed.

The reunion show said that was the biggest mistake, but surely Tara stood a far better chance of winning against Peter and Michelle was never likely to be a threat in the immunity challenge and so would likely be out third. Peter didn't give Tara any promises of taking her to final two apparently but there must have been a good chance he would. When Jericho took Tara it was almost like he was justifying her saving him at the previous tribal, he still won anyway but it was closer than he probably thought.

On the reunion show they were criticising Ziggy's game a lot but she at least used her idol. I've forgotten the rules on the nullifying idol and whether she was allowed to use that for herself. Luke was called a great gameplayer and they celebrated him calling himself the boss/king, I thought there would be some ridicule really.

I think Jericho's best performance was probably in the advantage challenge as Peter was very good at that and it looked like he might have a reach advantage. But I'm still annoyed that it was not for an advantage but for advantages. The questions to the jury members were definitely a big help for him in addition to the advantage of voting out a jury member, though I'm not sure how well he used that. He decided to take Tara to the end even after taking away from the jury one of her critics.

I think Jericho's best performance was probably in the advantage challenge as Peter was very good at that and it looked like he might have a reach advantage. But I'm still annoyed that it was not for an advantage but for advantages. The questions to the jury members were definitely a big help for him in addition to the advantage of voting out a jury member, though I'm not sure how well he used that. He decided to take Tara to the end even after taking away from the jury one of her critics.

The questions he got were a huge help and probably tanked Michelle's game.

I think Jericho's best performance was at tribal councils in the Asaga tribe when he kept going on about Asaga blood or whatever but was backstabbing people left and right.

Yes, the Tara point is one I hadn't thought of. Anyone who comes back into the game is likely to be seen as a great goat.

Henry made a mistake switching tribes, but he had the idol so that was some kind of insurance. Him not using it was definitely one of the worst mistakes of the season, highlighted by the fact that Locky was telling him to use it. But Locky didn't know he was being targeted and was surprised when he went it it seemed.

The reunion show said that was the biggest mistake, but surely Tara stood a far better chance of winning against Peter and Michelle was never likely to be a threat in the immunity challenge and so would likely be out third. Peter didn't give Tara any promises of taking her to final two apparently but there must have been a good chance he would. When Jericho took Tara it was almost like he was justifying her saving him at the previous tribal, he still won anyway but it was closer than he probably thought.

On the reunion show they were criticising Ziggy's game a lot but she at least used her idol. I've forgotten the rules on the nullifying idol and whether she was allowed to use that for herself. Luke was called a great gameplayer and they celebrated him calling himself the boss/king, I thought there would be some ridicule really.

Apparently Michelle had trench foot so she wouldn't have lasted that long. Plus she knew that none of the other three were going to take her to the end if they had won the last immunity.

There were a lot of emotional game players in this season, and Luke was one of them. I guess Jericho was too but he was able to hide it better. I don't think Luke was a great game player, he got rid of Tessa too early and if Henry hadn't swapped over he would have been out at that episode's tribal council. He was however entertaining and made good tv.

I want to see the unedited version of the entire show.

I know it would take months to watch.

Wish they had live streaming.

Luke would have loved to have won, but he seemed want to have fun out there & have all the memories.

He has made a life long friend in Jericho.

Imagine if the F2 were Peter & Tara.

No matter who won, it would have been the worse 2 survivor players.

Either a pot plant or a pot plant would have won.

Tara was bullshitting when she said, she only started to playing in the last 6 days.

So excited, got all my provisions ready for a good night of entertainment ahead.
Got Indian for my dinner, then lollies and stuff:)

Go, go Jericho, you little ripper.......I like a female non athlete won no 1, set a great tone; and now cute little jericho - is he gay?
Regardless, he isn't some poxy big headed jock type, neither is Pete, so it is all good.
Tara the frumpy houswife is a pretty good weird win too.

I think straight? Just my guess. :thumbsup:

Reactions: kxk

Luke would have loved to have won, but he seemed want to have fun out there & have all the memories.

Tara was bullshitting when she said, she only started to playing in the last 6 days.

I hope Jericho and Luke do stay friends. But that has kind of got me thinking about Ben and Tim. They seemed to be good friends but they seem to have drifted apart. Tim seems to be fine having fun with his boyfriend and going on cool adventures. But all Ben seems to do is go out with his mum and creepy comments on his social media.

Ha ha ha!! Pot Plant Peter would have been the worst possible result.

Peter got a really bad edit. I heard someone suggest that it was because they knew he was getting third place so they made him invisible just so people wouldn't be upset when he did come third.

Ha ha ha!! Pot Plant Peter would have been the worst possible result.
Yeah at least Tara could argue she survived against all odds. After being "voted out" you would be at the very bottom of everyone's pecking order and yet she made it to F2. Peter.. well, just happened to slip under everyone's radar because no-one even noticed he was there until F3.

I suspect production hated both Pete & Michelle's god=awful voices as much as anyone,they tried to spare us as much as possible

I was a bit surprised to see Jeri talking about finding a girl. I just assumed gay from the start really, then didn't think about it again.

Back