Skip to main content

Episode Australian Survivor (2017) - Episode 26 Finale & Reunion Discussion

-Happy with that result,A Tara win would have been a travesty.
-I did think her crying in the final challenge reeked of Kristy last year...nice try Tara!!
-Sarah totally bitter
-The two goats bleating at each other about their game play,I mean seriously Tara and Peter you both had terrible game play and rode coat tails
-Loved the reunion and the way he arrived on the boat,reminded me of how they used to do it on the original survivor.I did see on the other survivor forum,that the people there say they are enjoying your version more than the US season.
-Haven't watched the whole reunion because it cut off ,so have to find that but did think AK looked really pissed off about where he was,he was so sure he would get to the end

Anyone else having withdrawal symptoms? It's such a shame that the doubts about Australian Survivor's future are tied up with TEN's struggles. It really deserves to be their flagship show. That season was not only the most epic and exciting reality show this year, for me it was the best thing on television. The renovation, cooking, singing and dating shows have nothing that comes close.

It's such a shame that the doubts about Australian Survivor's future are tied up with TEN's struggles. It really deserves to be their flagship show
Yes there was no announcement for another season... but I guess everything is up in the air for Ten right now so we should just cross our fingers and hope that they come through for us. I suggested earlier that maybe they could share facilities with CBS in Fiji to cut costs, but I read that Ten's Survivor is produced on a much smaller budget than CBS' so perhaps CBS can join Ten in Samoa :)

A report I saw in a British Newspaper says it will be announced at the end of the month whether or not it will be back. Apparently the entire budget was blown on the show and they didnt have money for an afterparty........

All I can say it was worth it to produce such an excellent show....its just not right for it not to return.

Well there's a glowing endorsement. Not. Choosing not to participate is an issue?

I think you misread the sentence. The expression "taking issue" is just another way of saying "getting annoyed by" - it didn't mean not choosing to participate was an issue.
-----
I think, if there is a next season, it would be great to have a dedicated Aus Survivor thread running for the length of the season; if it gets unwieldy we could break it down into part 2, 3, etc - but this thread would be for general discussion and not so much the nightly show as it plays out. Then people who are not watching in real time have a place to gather, and it would also be a place to discuss gameplay in a more concentrated form. Then, if there is a next season, and I believe there will be - it is such a corking production - those who don't want to be bothered with sweeps and such can have a place to discuss and theorize, also. I'd enjoy that.

I think, if there is a next season, it would be great to have a dedicated Aus Survivor thread running for the length of the season; if it gets unwieldy we could break it down into part 2, 3, etc - but this thread would be for general discussion and not so much the nightly show as it plays out. Then people who are not watching in real time have a place to gather, and it would also be a place to discuss gameplay in a more concentrated form. Then, if there is a next season, and I believe there will be - it is such a corking production - those who don't want to be bothered with sweeps and such can have a place to discuss and theorize. I'd enjoy that.
Alternatively I could set up a live chat room external to this site and remove the live episode conversation from here altogether. But then all that talk would not be archived anywhere.

Alternatively I could set up a live chat room external to this site and remove the live episode conversation from here altogether. But then all that talk would not be archived anywhere.

I think just having a general discussion thread would be good, as an addendum to the live threads - the way we have a thread for US Survivor over on the Rabbit Ears, not that anyone seems to be posting much this year!

PS: I like the live threads! It's just a couple of people seem sad that they have no-one to discuss stuff in more detail with after they watch the show, as all the action is on the live episode thread, for the most part.

Last edited:
I'm happy to discuss it anywhere. I generally miss the "live" discussion and weigh in later with my two cents worth, and tend to analyse rather than "that just happened", but neither approach annoys me, and it all makes sense afterwards.
All of the discussion here is light years ahead of what you'd find on facebook, where it's not uncommon to endure 20 posts in a row consisting entirely of someone naming someone else who they (for reasons unknown) want to see their post.

I like the live discussion thread, especially if i'm not watching at the same time, because it reminds me of the big brother live episode threads. Where you have posters going: 'OH MY GOSH THAT CONTESTANT IS THE WORST PERSON ON THIS EARTH!' during the show. And then you watch the episode looking for the awful thing that they apparently did but then you watch it and think: 'Oh, is that all?'

Well there's a glowing endorsement. Not. Choosing not to participate is an issue?

I got an invite to participate.

I didn't & didn't even respond to say no thanks.

No one gave a shit that I didn't respond or didn't participate.

Reactions: kxk
I like the live threads! It's just a couple of people seem sad that they have no-one to discuss stuff in more detail with after they watch the show, as all the action is on the live episode thread, for the most part.
I don't use Reddit, but I think they have two threads for each episode: a "live chat" thread, and a "post episode discussion". Maybe we could consider that.

I'm just throwing out ideas. Will be a moot point anyway if Ten drops Survivor.
Yeah I know, I just wanted to voice my no vote for that idea in particular. Anyway 10 better renew Survivor or I don't know what I'll do. I tried watching American Survivor but I just couldn't get into it. I love the Aussie version.

Back