Skip to main content

Episode Australian Survivor (2017) - Episode 13 Discussion

Locky is the absolute tool of the season though. I can't believe the way they are pandering to him. Oh Locky is our leader, whatever he says goes! And all it takes is the tiniest hint that someone might not like him, and he throws his toys out of the pram and changes his vote.

...I one billion per cent agree with this Meglos... take last week when he realised that he wasn't the king pin for a few days... all he did was sulk... he looked like a simpering dog that had just had the shit kicked out of him... as you said... what a tool!... cheers.

...**sigh**... yet another complete shit result... these tribal members are complete fugwits!... I reckon that Locky's paranoia and insecurities got Michelle over the line... and... Jarrad just got shown voting for Ben!... what a turncoat!... that's so disappointing for me!... cheers.

Jarrad said something (not sure what) as he voted, the gist of which was that he tried to help Ben but Ben blew it by talking too much. So Jarrad is still in my good books.

Personal victory for me is I learnt 4 new names tonight (one being Ben so some good that is)

I know luke not everyone cuppa tea and understand why but I don't mind him. He lease stood out enough knew him name from the start. Hope he leaae make it to the merge. How far off to we think that be? Get watch next weeks than off to Europe like to get see merge

Personal victory for me is I learnt 4 new names tonight (one being Ben so some good that is)

I know luke not everyone cuppa tea and understand why but I don't mind him. He lease stood out enough knew him name from the start. Hope he leaae make it to the merge. How far off to we think that be? Get watch next weeks than off to Europe like to get see merge

...the tribal merge is probably between the next 2-4 episodes going on previous talk within the forums Project90... so you might just miss it before you go overseas... and... have a safe journey... cheers.

I really want all the little odd dudes to get to the end, and none of the beefy guys
Jarrad, Jerico, Ben ....go odd bods

I normally like the odd bods on reality shows. But most of them aren't that great here. Tarzan could have gone further, Tessa was big in the edit earlier but has disappeared since. Anne-Liese I don't mind that much (though her name is tough to get right). But I didn't get why she was confronting Henry over his idol in front of others. It seemed like another strange game move, and I've had those even from odd bods I've liked in this season.

Yes, disappointing to have some nobodies there still (Peter, Tully, Ben, Odette). I think we'll see more of Henry now AK's out.

You forgot Ziggy, though I can understand why.

...is it just me or do these lot seem a tad bit more boring than last years players?... there seemed to be more 'intellect' last year for me... cheers.

There's been bad gameplay both years, but at least more gameplay of some sort this year. There might be less characters this time though, and one thing you need on Survivor is big characters.

I hope people from other countries don't think Australians are all like Luke, Tara and Michelle

I was thinking about that recently as well, the more outgoing ones who represent what many might think of as Australian aren't as dominant here. Quiet ones like Ben, Sarah, Ziggy, Odette Peter (quite timid) for instance, AK, Locky, Jericho not really that loud either. Luke though is a bit much for me, too over the top, and feels like a caricature.

Henry and his lies.....................

You have to lie when you've got an idol, the strange thing in this episode was that everyone seemed to want to tell Locky that they had one. People like the idea that an idol builds you trust but really it's always something that can be used against you, so keeping it secret is ok. People can still respect you if you use it sensibly and it doesn't hurt your alliance.

Jarrad said something (not sure what) as he voted, the gist of which was that he tried to help Ben but Ben blew it by talking too much. So Jarrad is still in my good books.

...he's still my favourite Meglos... he's more dedicated to the game than all the rest of them but he just better not be a back stabber later on in the game again that's all... I'll forgive him this time but he's definitely 'on notice' with me lol!... cheers.

I normally like the odd bods on reality shows. But most of them aren't that great here. Tarzan could have gone further,

...it was sad to see Tarzan go... he was such a fun character to watch for me... he's a guy that I'd like to have a beer with if I could have done... he was so well grounded and down to Earth for me... for that reason alone he was never going to last very long with the young ones was he?...

There's been bad gameplay both years, but at least more gameplay of some sort this year. There might be less characters this time though, and one thing you need on Survivor is big characters.

...I think that you're right about the lack of big characters starry but this lot this year seem to have less knowledge of tactics and also basic survival skills like the lighting of fires even... surely if you were coming onto this show this year you would've watched at least some of last years show to learn where they went wrong for instance?... also... there are plenty of videos on YouTube on how to make fires and especially on how to build huts and survival buildings... I've joked before now that even the Skipper and Gilligan could build some quite elaborate huts on 'Gilligans Island' so there is no excuse for them to live under a piss poor lean-to... hence my 'less intellect' statement previously... if I was there... that's what we'd be living in that's for sure... lol!... cheers.

I think Luke would have worked better with more characters around him, or just a more balanced edit. As it is the focus has just been too much on him. I've lost count of the number of confessionals where he says he's the boss, he's controlling everyone and is making all the decisions. Some of them could probably have been transplanted to another episode and you wouldn't have noticed. You need the right mix in the cast and edit and it's been lopsided for me. And with the relatively large number of episodes you get in this version it can become even more of a problem.

Last edited:
I've listed Luke as one of my favourites before, but really that's only because he's shielding Jericho. I do think Jerry has what it takes to stand on his own (he never falters in physical challenges despite being about 3 foot tall, and I prefer the quieter players). Luke's constant over the top bravado is becoming a bit tiresome, and I wouldn't be devastated if he was brought crashing down soon. Tara, Henry and Locky first though, please.

I do think Jerry has what it takes to stand on his own (he never falters in physical challenges despite being about 3 foot tall, and I prefer the quieter players). Luke's constant over the top bravado is becoming a bit tiresome, and I wouldn't be devastated if he was brought crashing down soon. Tara, Henry and Locky first though, please.
haha, agree with all of this! I'm really hoping Henry will get blindsided and leave with his idol in his pocket.

I came out of this episode actually really loving Michelle. I thought she did amazing in Tribal and unlike every other tribal I've seen this season, I believe the discussions actually changed the outcome of the vote. I get she was being very aggressive and shrill, but she really had no other option. I thought her arguments were sound and clearly the tribe thought so too. I'm surprised everyone here was really upset by her. Either way, differing opinions make for interesting discussion!!

I came out of this episode actually really loving Michelle. I thought she did amazing in Tribal and unlike every other tribal I've seen this season, I believe the discussions actually changed the outcome of the vote. I get she was being very aggressive and shrill, but she really had no other option. I thought her arguments were sound and clearly the tribe thought so too. I'm surprised everyone here was really upset by her. Either way, differing opinions make for interesting discussion!!
I just like the fact that she fought for her survival. Its a huge change after watching the BBUS sheep being meekly and willingly led to their ultimate demise without a whimper.

Back