Skip to main content

Episode Australian Survivor (2017) - Episode 11 Discussion

but i wear crocs.
ebcd0497f2bc2be1fe7cf2d4e011e13407b02a4260366f0a73de61b4250826d3.jpg

:(
So last week I was in a rush and just chucked in random answers and went soaring up the scoreboard. This week I actually put some thought into it.:roflmao::roflmao: Wanna guess how I'll make my selections next time?

Ha! You of all people should know to put your trust in the Lord. :p

I'm starting to like Odette now she speaks. Which is the opposite to Michelle, who should go back to being invisble.

Yes! Give me more Whodette and less Michellved.

Early in the episode, when someone said something was "bigger than Locky's", am I the only one who thought they were referring back to the time he lost his pants?

...I thought that too at the time lol!... the only reason that I didn't say anything at the time was because my sweet darling wife called out to me about something and I forgot to say something about it... cheers.

So I've been thinking about the schedule. We're at Day 25 of 55 with five weeks in of episodes and only 9 eliminations. If Ten is planing on a 10 week season like last year they're going to have to give us some 3 episode weeks or some double eliminations to get to our final two?

Super happy to be caught up and on the night of airing!! I've been so swamped with uni.

Just some overall thoughts for the past few episodes:
-I'm really sad Kent went home as I really enjoyed his strategy. He was astute and had a wise game plan.
-I don't believe anyone (notably Sarah) misplayed that tribal council. Sending home Kent basically gave her at least 3 free tribal councils (Odette then Annaliese and Tara). Flipping there would have been extremely hard on her status in the tribe. I think it would've hurt more than it gained (as the only gain is Michelle going, who is so unimportant).
-I am super happy Annaliese is doing things. I still love Tessa but I'm really interested in what she will do next.
-Ziggy kind of screams 'El' to me, except not a cow and not wrapped around a man. I believe this advantage is only going to prove to get her eliminated however, especially if she ends up in a new tribe with unfamiliar people. They will surely find out she won the challenge.
-I believe Tara will go home in the next episode. I don't know why, but it is just a hunch. I feel she will use the tribe swap to try to usurp control and get pinned because of it, especially if she ends up teamed with her original tribe.

Super happy to be caught up and on the night of airing!! I've been so swamped with uni.

-I'm really sad Kent went home as I really enjoyed his strategy. He was astute and had a wise game plan.

...I was sad to see Kent go too Moiststrip... he was quite a clever man but sadly (as with Jacqui)... the young ones decided to get rid of the older player as they always do... and yes... I agree that he was astute and had a good game plan too... sadly though we aren't ever going to know now just how good his plan was eh?... shame really......

...to be honest... I think that Ben and Peter are the one's to watch out for... they both have game plans that they are just waiting to implement at the right times methinks... both are playing a low key role in the background at the moment I believe... I guess that I'll be proven right or wrong eventually eh?... lol!... cheers.

So there will be 26 episodes of survivor australia this year with three being non-eliminations (we have already had two of them).

We have had eleven episodes with fifteen to go with still fifteen contestants left.

3/09 and 04/09 Two contests go. Thirteen episodes and thirteen contestants to go.

10/09 and 11/09. Two contests go. Eleven episodes and eleven contestants to go.

17/09 and 18/09. Two contestants go. Nine episodes and nine contestants to go.

24/09 and 25/09. Two contestants go. Seven episodes and seven contestants to go.

1/10 and 2/10. One contestant goes. Sunday night is a non elim episode. Five episodes and six contestants to go.

8/10 and 9/10. Two contestants go. Three episodes and four contestants to go.

15/10 16/10 and 17/10. Sunday it gets down from four to three. Monday gets down to three to two. Tuesday the big live finale and reuinion.

http://www.nowtolove.com.au/celebrity/tv/australian-survivor-season-two-live-finale-39127

it's been up as a promo all afternoon, I wouldn't worry.

Not everyone sees promos. There's a preview spoiler thread already here. I liked to read the thread as I watch the episode but with this approach I really can't anymore.

Anyway, I don't agree on giving a tribe flint as some sort of deal. I'm sure it's been on the US version before and those who came up with the idea were no doubt aware of that. But flint is normally an essential anyway so I realy wonder if all this was in reality was a punishment imposed so they could get another flint.

Odette got the standard 'I was forced from my children to come on this show and now I am here as an example to show how amazing I am to them' edit. I've lost count of how many times I've heard that on reality shows.

I didn't like the twist at the end and I was really hoping she didn't find it, but as she had all night to find it the odds were against that. And her voice-over saying sunrise was near when it was still pitch black was obviously just to try and create suspense. Although the talk before the vote (which was a foregone conclusion from what we had heard beforehand) was about someone not using the reward just for their own purposes it's obvious that anyone who got it would. It was never a reward for the full tribe.

And the person who got to go on it was Ziggy, who's the most anonymous person left on this show, she's been completely out of the edit. Odette got plenty of coverage this episode, though I still don't feel she adds anything. And Michelle recently has had plenty of coverage. But both of these have been revealed as being without any charisma or humour and that's probably why they haven't been featured much. Hopefully Ziggy turns out better.

Also Jericho...

he seriously believed someone would give him an idol clue so he could just get an idol for free? At first I thought Henry was the stupid one thinking he could fool him, or maybe they both are in the end. If Jericho thinks about it he might realise that Henry most likely has the idol and him giving him the clue actually gives that away. Or maybe he thinks Henry wouldn't be that stupid. Henry is in such a bad position he just felt he had to try anything so I'll give him more leeway on this.

The reaction shots of Luke looking as Jericho went to look were likely edited in for suspense. It would have been interesting if he had been found looking as that could have put more of a target on him, taking some of that target off Henry. And then suddenly it might look a better idea from Henry, even though it was still a last throw of the dice.

Not everyone sees promos. There's a preview spoiler thread already here. I liked to read the thread as I watch the episode but with this approach I really can't anymore.
Sorry starry, normally promo content is in the promo thread, but by the time I had replied, and then been quoted again it was too late for me to edit my post or the reply to be edited.

So, apologies for that.

Anyway, I don't agree on giving a tribe flint as some sort of deal. I'm sure it's been on the US version before and those who came up with the idea were no doubt aware of that. But flint is normally an essential anyway so I realy wonder if all this was in reality was a punishment imposed so they could get another flint.

Odette got the standard 'I was forced from my children to come on this show and now I am here as an example to show how amazing I am to them' edit. I've lost count of how many times I've heard that on reality shows.

I didn't like the twist at the end and I was really hoping she didn't find it, but as she had all night to find it the odds were against that. And her voice-over saying sunrise was near when it was still pitch black was obviously just to try and create suspense. Although the talk before the vote (which was a foregone conclusion from what we had heard beforehand) was about someone not using the reward just for their own purposes it's obvious that anyone who got it would. It was never a reward for the full tribe.

And the person who got to go on it was Ziggy, who's the most anonymous person left on this show, she's been completely out of the edit. Odette got plenty of coverage this episode, though I still don't feel she adds anything. And Michelle recently has had plenty of coverage. But both of these have been revealed as being without any charisma or humour and that's probably why they haven't been featured much. Hopefully Ziggy turns out better.

i think ziggy was probably the best choice for AK's alliance. because AK would have known that no way was he going to be picked. And jarred, peter and tessa wouldn't have liked having that target on their back.

who do you think has charisma this season?

who do you think has charisma this season?

Well we keep getting told Henry has charisma, I'm not completely sold on that but compared to some of those around him maybe. On the other tribe Luke obviously, though he is a bit loud for me. More low key charisma at present - Tessa, I think she tops the women. Of those who are gone I think both Marks did, though the 'tarzan' Mark more so. We've been told Locky has charisma but somehow I haven't really seen it, maybe as with Henry it depends on context and the people around him. Though Henry is probably more charismatic than him.

Last edited:
Well we keep getting told Henry has charisma, I'm not completely sold on that but compared to some of those around him maybe. On the other tribe Luke obviously, though he is a bit loud for me. More low key charisma at present - Tessa, I think she tops the women. Of those who are gone I think both Marks did, though the 'tarzan' Mark more so. We've been told Locky has charisma but somehow I haven't really seen it, maybe as with Henry it depends on context and the people around him. Though Henry is probably more charismatic than him.

I think Jared has a sort of quiet charisma. Tessa comes across as a bit of a dag, but she is so articulate and intelligent at tribal council that anyone would be insane to take her anywhere near the final two. Sarah has charisma i feel. Henry i guess kind of does.

Tara and Odette are like the anti-charisma cast members.

Lack of charisma will probably cost AK the game which will be a shame. He better hope Locky or Tara don't make it to the jury.

It happens frequently on US Survivor. I was surprised they offered up everything, though. Usually there's a little more barter...

Back