Skip to main content

Episode Australian Survivor (2017) - Episode 1 Discussion

Pretty good first episode.

Wasn't that bothered with the bottom two, both were quite irritating, but Joan sealed the deal with her stupid comments at tribal.

Can't stand Sarah (who knows Tully) or AK or Luke,

My pick for the win, Jericho, was so under the radar (and not just because of his height), but I think that bodes well for lasting the distance.

Wasn't that bothered with the bottom two, both were quite irritating, but Joan sealed the deal with her stupid comments at tribal.

My pick for the win, Jericho, was so under the radar (and not just because of his height), but I think that bodes well for lasting the distance.

...I really feel that Jarrod will do really well in this big time... he's my pick to look out for... he's the dark horse for me at least... cheers.

You betcha! My Pantene Prince™ will be half a mil richer.

In reality tho I'm thinking he'll be gone next week.

...nah!... not a chance... if anything... it'll be a few weeks in when he becomes a threat to all the other macho's that they'll target him I reckon... even then I think that he'll make it until towards the end based on his stamina alone I believe... anyhow... we'll soon see I guess?... lol!... you've got a good pick there Consuela... cheers.

Adam looks like a plumper Anthony from MAFS a bit. AK is just a pain. Doesn't let someone vomit in peace.

Would have preferred Joan to stay as most likely she was the better one on the puzzle and I just think she could have played the game more, I just don't see Kent making a big impression even if he has made some early links. His joke early on about looking for the idol didn't seen to be taken that seriously, but unlike the NZ version they will have idols here. His hope is probably to be dragged to the end as the useless player who people can win against.

I think Joan always felt she was going, the edit tried to stir up more suspense but we never saw Joan talking to anyone, it was just a peculiar thing where some joker said he'd stir things up. There was a bit of stirring but it was left at that. It was strange they were even splitting the vote on purpose in the first place, what exactly was the point of that? I was a bit surprised the younger women just wanted to cast off Joan I thought they'd see her as a number for them, or maybe they have some showmance planned (I hope not).

So far no talk of integrity/honour thankfully. The older guy at the fire challenge did insist they didn't lie to the other team, that's the nearest. There's nothing wrong lying in that circumstance really.

I like Mark already, and those guns of his......nice chest.
Laugh out loud moment was 51 year old Kent in the speedos.
Overall, the production values and the camera work look great, and Jonathan is a good host too.
What about your tips though? Are you going to play next week? Check your PM on Wednesday for the next round.

Pretty bad ratings last night. It only got 639k with the Block getting 1.1m and the princess Diana documentary getting 1.3m. It also didnt do good in the demos. It didnt make the top 5 in 25-54s, barely made the top 5 in 18-49 and was only successful in the 16-39 demo where it came 2nd.

Ten would be wanting those ratings to improve really quick or they are going to be in a whole world of hurt for the next 3 months.

Back