Skip to main content

Episode Australian Survivor (2016) - Episode 9 Discussion

...I'd love to meet the people who invent these trials... they must have great fun in testing them out to see if they work too eh?... another job that I'd love to do lol!... cheers.
In the States they have a group of ex contestants, called The Dream Team who run through all the challenges. There are a couple of podcasts on RHAP about the challenges. I just typed 'Survivor challenges' into the search function to bring them up.

If Kat is the next target in the tribe I think it's simply because she's in a minority and isn't so good at challenges. The 'flipper' storyline we heard in the episode didn't convince me. You're only really a flipper in Survivor if you change alliance a few times, and she was never part of the main alliance in her original tribe anyway. And she gave them useful information on the immunity idol.

Rohan giving it to Phoebe to play was actually a great move, I wonder if he had an idea that it was her and not him that was the main target. His edit though was very much the horrid person who wouldn't give his idol to Phoebe lol.
Actually annoyed me they didn't show us that moment - even if not before Tribal Council then as a flashback the following episode. If someone is going home having given away the idol at least show us the moment they gave it away.

Also is it a case only the possesor of the Idol can play it for their own immunity, or could Rohan have played it at Tribal for Pheobe, even though strategically it was probably better to give it to Pheobe to play herself.

Actually annoyed me they didn't show us that moment - even if not before Tribal Council then as a flashback the following episode. If someone is going home having given away the idol at least show us the moment they gave it away.

Also is it a case only the possesor of the Idol can play it for their own immunity, or could Rohan have played it at Tribal for Pheobe, even though strategically it was probably better to give it to Pheobe to play herself.
The person who has the idol can play it for anyone. So Rohan could have played it for Phoebe or himself.
I am certain Rohan didn't see himself as a possible target. He's really not experienced at the game.
I agree that the editing is weird. They should have shown him giving it to her and then we still would have wondered if she played it.

I'm not in the promo business but giving things away is annoying. Maybe it can't be helped when they are trying to drive up viewership?

Back