Skip to main content

Episode Australian Survivor (2016) - Episode 8 Discussion

I really hope not. I'd be very disappointed in the show. So far it's been stellar, that would be a huge NEVERMIND.
I think that would be amazing. To convince someone to give up their security so you can blindside them is a huge deal on survivor. It's only happened once in 33 seasons that I can recall. I would consider it up there with the top blunders ever made. Probably top 3.

Like Phoebe going instead of Rohan. Considering how much she's supposedly been in charge of that tribe.
But she's on the bottom now? At least I think so.
She's probably another one that's been playing too hard and won't last.

Tegan wasn't the target. Kylie or Nick were. The idea was to flush out the idol - and/or lull Kylie into thinking they were splitting the vote Tegan/Nick and boot her then if she didn't use it. Either way, they'd flush the idol or get her out, and if she played it flick Nick on the revote. But then Nick's value as a strong member started to hold more sway with the girls who'd wanted to keep Tegan, and they followed Matt's cue to keep Nick on the revote. It makes a sort of sense...

When people think they can organise a 3-way split on Survivor it's always in danger of falling apart and not going exactly as they want.

I think that would be amazing. To convince someone to give up their security so you can blindside them is a huge deal on survivor. It's only happened once in 33 seasons that I can recall. I would consider it up there with the top blunders ever made. Probably top 3.

Parvati playing two idols to blindside JT in Heroes vs Villains was one of the greatest things ever.

The mud competition looks nuts. I can't wait to see the photoshops from that! Also the promo guys have a hard job, they have to get people to watch but end up giving away spoilers. It happens in the US version a lot, one time they gave away the result of two tribal councils in one shot. Usually the people doing the promos aren't part of the show so they may not k ow what to hide.

Last edited:
I always avoid the previews, though people often discuss them openly on forums so I try and avert may eyes when I sense it. It's always annoying to me how they put the preview before the eliminated contestant's remarks like on the US version. It was easier on the South African one I saw when they put it right at the end making it even easier to skip.

And previews are more about the next episode than this one so you could argue they could be in the next episode thread.

And previews are more about the next episode than this one so you could argue they could be in the next episode thread.

Or maybe a separate thread, if people really want to avoid seeing them. Assuming they never have any other occasion to watch channel ten...

and please,

LEAVE JENNAH-LOUISE ALONE.

(am I fooling anyone here?)

Back