Skip to main content

Episode Australian Survivor (2016) - Episode 3 Discussion

I often wonder how real the glasses are. There never seems to be a difference in the edge if a face in the lens against the edge without the lens, if that makes sense.
Makes sense.
Strange. Im not sure all those specs were whipped out when reading various immunity idol scrolls etc.
Better keep my eye on that.
hipster-glasses.jpg

Makes sense.
Strange. Im not sure all those specs were whipped out when reading various immunity idol scrolls etc.
Better keep my eye on that.
hipster-glasses.jpg
Yes, that's what I mean. What he's got, although my initial thought was it's a girl being a boy. Go figure. If I remember, so shall I keep an eye out. I'm long sighted so only wear glasses for reading and other close up stuff. I look for things like that. Weirdo, yes, that's me.

So I finally got to watch this. After finding a torrent I started the download and went to have a shower. Then the power went off. Been a comedy of errors tonight.

And then my girl, er, woman of a certain age with 127 grandchildren, Sue, didn't even get a single line in. Or maybe she did but I didn't notice. GO SUE!

Also tonight it occurred to me that Lee looks a bit like a guy I used to... um... know, many years ago. :D

Some of my thoughts on the latest Ep:
  • I am Team Kylie all the way baby. I hope she takes all of the blue tribe out. The rest of them are a bit like "the cool kids" am I right?
  • Peter seemed a bit more optimistic. Maybe he will stay for a while?
  • :laugh: Mega lols at Rohan keeping the clue in his pants!!
  • Evan was too untrustworthy so I am not surprised he was eliminated. He went a bit OTT with his strategic moves.
  • Phoebe reminds me of Carrie Bickmore?
  • Kate and Teagan are a bit :sleep:
Funny how the last two eliminations have been from "strategic" players who went way OTT. I wonder if this trend will continue? Maybe it will be Matt's time to go next? Everyone is beginning not to trust him in the yellow tribe. I can see him getting booted off like Evan.

So I want Kylie to find the immunity for blue, Sue for yellow and Rohan for red so he can hide it in his pants. :roflmao:

I'm always so fascinated by how they film these things, where you see all the close-up angles or on boats in the middle of the water etc and then when they cut to wide shots it's as though there's no cameramen anywhere at all.
The common practice in these situations is the game is first played for real with the long shots and then it is restaged to film close up shots.

Does the host always influence the vote like this with their 'questions'?!
Yes, I'm not liking that at all - it could potentially impact on the game and feels like they're just fleshing out Tribal Council so the show runs for 75 minutes instead of 55 minutes.

Enjoying it so far though but feel like we only have really got to see the red tribe, whilst the challenges are all a bit repetitive - all seem to be a race to get puzzle pieces which then have to be solved.

Last edited:
Yes, I'm not liking that at all - it could potentially impact on the game and feels like they're just fleshing out Tribal Council so the show runs for 75 minutes instead of 55 minutes.

It's said Tribal Councils with Jeff Probst sometimes go for two hours. They just screen the pertinent bits/dramatic bits.

...it's a bummer for me that Evan has gone because I had a whole series of silly images in my head for my boy as he progressed through the series (probably extremely lucky for you guys though lol!) such as this image below...

View attachment 51874

...so it's just as well for the rest of you that he's gone lol!... (they would've only just got sillier as they went along I can assure you)... hahaha!... but still... I guess that I can still dabble with your sweepstake players eh?... **sigh** Evan your such a loser!!!!!... lol!... cheers.
I love your Photoshop stuff. Our loss, I reckon. Feel free to borrow "my Craig" to practice on. That is if we ever get to see anything of him to inspire you.

Putting everything in weekly threads mean the previous episode gets buried right away with 3 days in a row. Ok for those watching it live I guess, though not everyone will. Anyway just seen this episode, barely in time before the next I guess.

Awfully designed immunity challenge, literally all on the puzzle after some pointless running up and down. The reward challenge was much better.

Total incompetence with the clues. Make up a rhyme, but what if someone asks to see the clue that shows it? And obviously just losing the clue was bad. And even the initial tree mail seemed to raise suspicions it was for a clue to an idol anyway. Too similar to what has been done on the US show for anyone not to be suspicious. Just copying US twists won't work as some are likely to work it out easily.

The probing at the tribal tends to be there to stir things up, also the host tends to even make comments on people during challenges. Glad it didn't handicap Kat in a way here, as she seemed to be made the easy target and it would have been very predictable. And the Evan guy could have played the whole clue finding thing better I thought, maybe worked something out with those involved for instance. As it was he kind of spoke to a couple of other people, rather than keeping more quiet or blowing it all up to everyone, a bit indecisive. And I expected more to be made of him looking for the clue as well in arousing suspicion of him. Gameplayers are falling rapidly in this, though I thought Bianca was harder done by.

Did y'all see my baby oh, I mean my Barry flipping on the tramp??!! I think I love him, it's early, true, but when you know you know!!

giphy.gif

Side note - how awesome is Kylie?! She's a powerhouse!! Not liking the 2 blondies in the yellow tribe all high & mighty that they "control everything" Get.Them.Out.

Also I'm not sure there's much choice for those given the choice of the idol clue, in theory it's an opportunity but it's more a burden. Say you didn't take the choice of the clue and you might not be believed anyway. And of course with two of them being associated with the clue, only one can use the idol if they find it.

The first duo who didn't even mention the idol choice (from what I remember) probably played it best. Though as I said as this twist has been on the US version it's hard to really deceive even that way. So the only safe choice is probably to show everyone the idol clue, but that makes the twist nearly pointless.

Did y'all see my baby oh, I mean my Barry flipping on the tramp??!! I think I love him, it's early, true, but when you know you know!!

giphy.gif

Side note - how awesome is Kylie?! She's a powerhouse!! Not liking the 2 blondies in the yellow tribe all high & mighty that they "control everything" Get.Them.Out.

Barry actually seems quite cool! Of the ones who spoke for the first time this episode, he came out of it better than MY PHOEBE. (Go Phoebe! I'm under contract to say that you know)

I love your Photoshop stuff. Our loss, I reckon. Feel free to borrow "my Craig" to practice on. That is if we ever get to see anything of him to inspire you.

...hahaha!... thankyou qtkt my sweet Vicar of Dibley!... as the episodes progress I might have to slip a couple in here and there maybe?... lol!... thanks for allowing me to 'borrow your Craig' too... I'll think of something to inspire me I'm sure... it's like Kat for instance... someone (can't remember who I'm afraid) made a comment within these forums somewhere about those big floppy hats that she wears all of the time... it seems to me that she would be right at home in this movie below for instance... lol!... cheers.

KAT.jpg

Back