Skip to main content

Episode Australian Survivor (2016) - Episode 25 Discussion

HURRAH!!! I am very happy for my sweep... I don't see how she will win against Lee in a final 2 and there's no way Kristie would take her though :p This has been a very exciting ride for me and I can't wait to see how it ends tomorrow night!!

..."they are taking each other to the final blah blah!"... no shit Sherlock!... yeah... great observation Flick... and you've only just realised that now?...

No, she realised that at least a couple of episodes ago, maybe before but certainly has tried to get one of them out the last two tribals prior to the upcoming one you were speaking of here.

Yeah, Kristie had a chance to side with Flick last tribal and she didn't do it.

The previous one as well.

Flick's little hook was a good idea

Copied by Kristie, alerted by the host I guess.

Lee was obviously good at directional throwing with the sporting background.

...to be honest ... having to listen to the same old shit dribbling out of their mouths about tactics is really wearing me down... **ahem... Sticky clears his throat**... FOR FUCK'S SAKE STOP TALKING ABOUT IT AND JUST DO IT YOU FUCKING NUFF NUFFS!... cheers.

The first part of this episode was weird, lots of confessionals and voice overs. It felt quite fabricated like they had to do that to fill up the time. Fair bit of repetition in all that too about Flick having to win the challenge. Also the edited in glances at the food eating looked silly.

okay then we have to pray that Kristie wins the next immunity and chooses El to take to the final

I would never want Kristie to win. Hasn't done enough in challenges, alliances, moves, immunity idols, nothing. If there was an award for talking a big game in confessionals and saying how good you are maybe she's win that.

How did Flick screw herself this thoroughly? Not just last night, telling the one you're voting out you're voting them out instead of blindsiding them, but just dumb after dumb choices.

No, she made the big move (getting Brooke out) but then Kristie was too weak to follow through.

By double crossing Brooke, she has been fucked ever since, her ego is bigger than her brain, Brooke was the smart one.
Flick is more like a criminal, she is quite good at being sneaky and slimey, hit man material, not crime boss material.

lol, you're so biased to Brooke, funny.

Flick did the biggest blindside of the game, other people just wouldn't follow through after it. She was one of the very few who actually played Survivor as the game it is, along with Phoebe. I know they talk in this show like you aren't allowed to play the game, but I'd hope some of the audience wouldn't go along with that.

Kristy talked about how she needs to look done the line, how it's no easy win, how Lee and El are the strongest in competitions. All for nothing, just hot air. Maybe it's just part of the script she's given after the show to make people think there's some suspense, the real Kristie we see in real time is quiet and timid, nothing like the confessional one. If she wins any challenge at this point then she hasn't earned it by anything she has done in this season. The Jury were laughing at her, that's all you need to see.

I will agree with the comment on here before that some of the nature photography is good in this season, but to me that's not the point of Survivor. It's like when people say the best leg of The Amazing Race is the one which has the best scenery, it's not. Both shows are more about the drama and competition of the game.

Damn I can't even reconnect to my VPN FUCK FUCK FUCK

I've never been able to connect with a VPN anyway, so I just give up and wait for the download.

Just finished watching...

My god, yet another frustrating result. I can only concur with Flick that Kristie is "an idiot", at least in regard to how to play Survivor.
That was one of the worst decisions ever. I don't think Kristie even deserves to win now.
She would have to pull off a miracle tomorrow night to get the jury onside, they were falling over at her cluelessness.

On the positive side, I enjoyed Flick calling out the couple again, she's a smart girl.
Did anyone else notice that she magically gained her glasses mid-immunity challenge? Not in an unseen break, but from one second to the next!

Lee is the opposite. "That was a bit Nick-sy" is a snide and vindictive thing to say, and "as they say, desperation is a stinky cologne'" Who said that, EVER?

Did anyone else notice that she magically gained her glasses mid-immunity challenge? Not in an unseen break, but from one second to the next!
Didn't notice that! Maybe she lost a contact and they stopped the challenge briefly?

So the last show is tomorrow? For some reason I thought it was going another week.

Mate ship is overrated when it becomes self destructive. It's really annoying to watch actually.

I think it's a disgrace that some can live on the island for weeks, and never learnt or had to make fire...

I agree. I think it's crazy they don't learn before they go but with all the time on their hands, why not learn while there?
It happens often though. The last two times there has been a fire challenge on Survivor at least one of the people has no idea how to make fire.

Calling it now. Worst final 3 ever and most boring finale ever. Since the merge, this season has been the worst I have ever watched.
Well bad though it is.....SurvivorUS Redemption Island was worse. CrazyAss Phillip, 19 year old Natalie who wanted Boston Rob to win....and Boston Rob who had the other two priming him for the guaranteed win even during the jury questioning.

The really frustrating thing about Kristie is.....she keeps talking about her great strategy and what tough competition Lee and El are...and then keeps making the stupid choice of voting out the only people she could win against. Were she up against Flick or Matt she probably would have won not only jury respect but the game but seems completely oblivious to the fact.

AAAAAARRRRGHHHHHHH!!

Kristie is delusional about her strategy. She's like the passive female version of Andrew.

For once I wasn't too angry with the outcome as for Kristie for once I genuinely think this was her best move. In a final 3 with El and Flick those two would probably still have taken each other, but with Lee and El she has a better chance of making the final 2, however slim that might be.

Also who'd have predicted back at the three tribe stage that the final three would be all from Aganoa - I think most of us assumed that once Sanapu had picked of Vaval they'd probably pick off Aganoa next until only the original Sanapu were left, and indeed that might have happened had Flick not flipped when she did. We so need to see an alternative ending for this series to see what would have happened had El rather than Brook been voted out that week.

For once I wasn't too angry with the outcome as for Kristie for once I genuinely think this was her best move. In a final 3 with El and Flick those two would probably still have taken each other, but with Lee and El she has a better chance of making the final 2, however slim that might be.

I do agree - it's a slither of a chance, based purely on her winning Immunity.

I think she left it to late, got bamboozled by her heart v her head and with Lee in her ear - and out of the situation she was left with felt she'd have best chance to get to final three with these two. I don't think she believes Lee will take her over El any more now though!

I am still holding out hope she does win that horrible-looking pole challenge, but my heart has sunk so badly since Sunday over the series of events, I can't say I have much hope...

Also who'd have predicted back at the three tribe stage that the final three would be all from Aganoa - I think most of us assumed that once Sanapu had picked of Vaval they'd probably pick off Aganoa next until only the original Sanapu were left, and indeed that might have happened had Flick not flipped when she did. We so need to see an alternative ending for this series to see what would have happened had El rather than Brook been voted out that week.

Oh, if only! I loved Brooke getting blindsided, but it was a flashy mistake. I think the whole series was an unfolding domino-fall of mistakes really, particularly from the time Rohan accidentally voted himself out, so to speak, and then voting out Craig. It could have all been so different if Vulva had kept their strength. People played the end game at the start and in the early middle, and then were left floundering.

And now we have Lee and El. Ugh.

Personally I don't think there's any chance of Lee or El taking Kristie to final two. The couple will stick together no matter what, they won't even have thought about jury votes.

They could even have an agreement to share the winnings in some way.

Kristie shouldn't have stood a chance against anyone near the end, I'm not sure she was even close to that many people. She's more typically the kind of contestant who gets brought to the end by others as they think nobody will vote for them. So she'd just depend on a bitter jury, arguably the worst kind of winner. And on that basis you'd have thought she would have taken Flick anyway, as both El and Brooke seem bitter types.

Kristie is no mastermind, don't believe her confessionals (which still sound scripted to me).

Back