Skip to main content

Episode Australian Survivor (2016) - Episode 15 Discussion

...I've seen some of you guys and gals talking about 'the jury' a few times on here before and have no idea of what you're talking about?... what happens with that?... do ex players come back and 'judge' them about stuff?... surely they can't actually decide upon who goes?... or can they?... colour me confused?... cheers.
At some point those voted out come back to view tribals and the vote-outs. They don't interact with those still in the game. And at the end the jury votes who wins out of two or three left.

...I've seen some of you guys and gals talking about 'the jury' a few times on here before and have no idea of what you're talking about?... what happens with that?... do ex players come back and 'judge' them about stuff?... surely they can't actually decide upon who goes?... or can they?... colour me confused?... cheers.

EDIT :As Tuttle said.
Also, the jury get the question the final two (or three) at the end, then decide who gets their vote.

Usually the jury starts at the merge but not always. The players voted out come back (cleaned up and looking good) and watch tribal council from benches on the side. They can't talk but they often give their feelings away by their facial expressions.

Then at final 3 or final 2 players,there is a final tribal council where the finalists make statements and then are questioned by the jurors. Each juror can ask individual questions. Then the jury votes for who they think will win. ( the show ends and the votes are read live at a reunion show, immediately following the final tribal council, at least in the US)

This is the genius of Survivor and why it's such a great game. As a player you have to make alliances and promises to people, but eventually you have to betray at least some of them. The difficulty is voting out people while still leaving them wanting to give you a half a million dollars. ( think of how Phoebe felt about Kat after she lied to her face that she was voting with them. If it had been time for the jury Rohan and Phoebe would never vote for Kat to win.) You are destroying their dream of winning the game- will they support you as a winner?

You can be sure that the people who Flick and Brooke are treating badly will never vote for them to win. Most people are bitter about being betrayed as it is, treating them poorly is just guaranteeing you won't get their vote. The best thing to do is treat everyone well and with courtesy as best you can. Even then, at some point you might have to blindside a close ally. The smart play is to blindside the ally who you hope will forgive you and still want you to win.

This division is already starting with what players are calling the "good guys" against the "bad guys." I doubt any of the "good guys"will vote for a "bad guy" to win. Depends on who is left at the end.

When you consider how badly some contestants have treated others in USA show, the winning clique here is civilized.

Haven't seen them laying about doing nothing, actually being downright nasty, and ordering minions around - as we have seen USA style.

I don't consider them good or bad, they are just winning or losing.

When you consider how badly some contestants have treated others in USA show, the winning clique here is civilized.

Haven't seen them laying about doing nothing, actually being downright nasty, and ordering minions around - as we have seen USA style.

I don't consider them good or bad, they are just winning or losing.

Do you think Conner or Kate would vote for Flick if they were in the jury and she was a finalist?

...thanks so much for explaining that all to me Tuttle/Meglos and Rose711... much appreciated... wow!... that sounds so awesome... the show just keeps on giving doesn't it?... it is such a great first season for me I tell you... again... thankyou... cheers.

Have you noticed in these sort of videos that there's one performer who's just that bit more enthusiastic and over the top? Haven't seen this vidoe for years.
Yes I noticed that. Guy @2 is definitely the Andrew Ridgley of this duo! He looks like he really wasn't sure of the routine.

Back