Skip to main content

Episode Australian Survivor (2016) - Episode 14 Discussion

I liked how they tried to play up the puzzles..
"the most difficult yet", "the puzzle is the equalizer!" "the puzzle master"..

the memory-line game, although done over and over, was at least *not* another race-to-puzzle.
They keep saying it's the great equalizer but I think had some of the recent challenges ended with the physical part Vavau wouldn't have actually lost them all. And although I agree they shouldn't all be physical competitions watching people complete puzzles isn't actually that great TV.

Phoebe could also have gone. We don't know because they never got a chance to vote.

The edit was very much Kristie going, as it was Phoebe going the next episode. This could have been not wholly true to the situation so that the next episode was more surprising, but I'm not sure they would completely falsify the edit.

In some ways it made sense for them to go for Phoebe because she has more connections, and that reason was used in the second of these eps. But Krisitie sounds all over the place at the tribals, just using her 'intuition' as I think she said, that doesn't make her that dependable. They wanted both gone so I suppose it didn't matter which order. They were just lucky Kristie and Phoebe were split, but I think that was as much because Kristie seems pretty much like a lone wolf.

It was funny how before Conner was talking about his honesty in wanting to tell people they are going, but now he seems happy to keep people in the dark and trick people into thinking they are safe.

They keep saying it's the great equalizer but I think had some of the recent challenges ended with the physical part Vavau wouldn't have actually lost them all. And although I agree they shouldn't all be physical competitions watching people complete puzzles isn't actually that great TV.

I think it would be better if they had a better shot, maybe from overhead or right behind in some split screen or something. Instead the standard shot on Survivor is to look at it upside down compared to the view of the contestant and not that good an angle.

I don't think it was close in the end anyway despite the host's remarks. But some physical contests haven't been that close either in this.

It was funny how before Conner was talking about his honesty in wanting to tell people they are going, but now he seems happy to keep people in the dark and trick people into thinking they are safe.

...to be honest I think that Conner has been holding himself back from getting himself into conflicts up until now... now that they have merged I think that we may see his other 'survival' side of him come out now... I think now that it's 'one-on-one' that we'll see him be relentless with whatever he does next... I would love for him or Kate to win this because they would've 'come from behind' by being on those losing teams all of the time... as far as I'm concerned... they have 'earned' the right to win it... cheers.

Back