Skip to main content

Episode Australian Survivor (2016) - Episode 11 Discussion

Andrew what a idiot...every time someone says they control the game,control the people....they are gone!!

In this Survivor so far yes. Though Nick hasn't gone yet. I'd rather those who play the game were in it that those just there for a holiday though. My probably with Andrew was he had zero charisma.

In this Survivor so far yes. Though Nick hasn't gone yet. I'd rather those who play the game were in it that those just there for a holiday though. My probably with Andrew was he had zero charisma.
Nick was voted out, he was saved by a twist.

Here's another one to watch for anyone saying that bl insides are entertaining.

Hi guys I just read through the thread! I run a nightly recap podcast. I know most people love and wait for RHAP (I do at least) but if you are looking for something in the mean time - www.soundcloud.com/survivorau and iTunes www.tinyurl.com/aussurvivor
That was good, mate. Is it possible for you to link it in these threads each night? It'll be nice to have something to listen to while walking to work, especially now that BBUS is ending, and I know I won't go looking for it - but if it is here, I could form the habit.

I just watched season 2 Celebrity Survivor, and while it is a step up from season 1, this new season is the real deal. Global level production values, great cast, the host is nailing it... Tim was good on BBCan, even if he dropped the ball at the end, but this show really puts Australian reality TV on the map. I'm a Celebrity was nice, but the lack of any strategical angle kept it just nice. This show has all the camp life and interpersonal stuff of iacgmooh, but has added in the gameplay aspect.

That was good, mate. Is it possible for you to link it in these threads each night? It'll be nice to have something to listen to while walking to work, especially now that BBUS is ending, and I know I won't go looking for it - but if it is here, I could form the habit.

I just watched season 2 Celebrity Survivor, and while it is a step up from season 1, this new season is the real deal. Global level production values, great cast, the host is nailing it... Tim was good on BBCan, even if he dropped the ball at the end, but this show really puts Australian reality TV on the map. I'm a Celebrity was nice, but the lack of any strategical angle kept it just nice. This show has all the camp life and interpersonal stuff of iacgmooh, but has added in the gameplay aspect.

Survivor has changed over the years, the early Australian one I would guess was based more on how the US one started out, so it wouldn't have been as slick. The UK version was also in the earlier 2000s before Survivor really become a bigger and more impressive production.

The host/presenter pretty much copies Probst down to nearly every detail. That's not a bad thing because Probst has certainly defined the role. Though comments at challenges could be toned down, that's one thing Probst can go too far on. I notice the presenter changes small things like saying immunity is 'in play' rather than 'up for grabs', but that attempt at changing something conspicuously makes it even more obvious he's using Probst as his model. :D

How many days has it been since the blue tribe went to tribal council? 2 weeks? More?

I don't think it's been as long as two weeks their time? Though I'm not really sure what days are what. I think it has been two weeks episode wise though. All last weeks episodes were Vuvla at tribal and the week before that was the merge (or swap for you purists) week where I remember someone from Snapple going home just before the merge.

I don't think it's been as long as two weeks their time? Though I'm not really sure what days are what. I think it has been two weeks episode wise though. All last weeks episodes were Vuvla at tribal and the week before that was the merge (or swap for you purists) week where I remember someone from Snapple going home just before the merge.

...I'll just be glad when the two tribes finally merge because they will then be playing for just themselves and not for their tribal mates anymore... isn't that how the show works or am I on the wrong track?... there will be nobody else there to carry the weaker ones anymore and that will sort them all out quick smart won't it?... cheers.

...I'll just be glad when the two tribes finally merge because they will then be playing for just themselves and not for their tribal mates anymore... isn't that how the show works or am I on the wrong track?... there will be nobody else there to carry the weaker ones anymore and that will sort them all out quick smart won't it?... cheers.

Yes they merge and play for individual immunity. Probably at 12.
But here's the thing: sometimes stronger players still carry weaker ones with them if they think they can beat them in immunities or in front of the jury. The strong players sometimes go after each other. But sometimes the more strategic strong players keep the other strong players around as shields.

Yes they merge and play for individual immunity. Probably at 12.
But here's the thing: sometimes stronger players still carry weaker ones with them if they think they can beat them in immunities or in front of the jury. The strong players sometimes go after each other. But sometimes the more strategic strong players keep the other strong players around as shields.

...oh really?... wow those are great tactics aren't they?... so the best is yet to come then eh?... that sounds great!... so it's brains and not only brawn that kicks in?... I can't wait!... thanks for telling me that Rose711... much appreciated... cheers.

...the first thing that I thought of when I saw that is 'which poor sap goes home instead of her'?... they flashed Craig on the screen to make us think that he is the recipient of it so that means that he is safe at least lol!... cheers.

It also looked like Phoebe is working with Christie... so she probably isn't. Unless the promo people really are that stupid and are spelling it out again, like they did with Andrew.

It also looked like Phoebe is working with Christie... so she probably isn't. Unless the promo people really are that stupid and are spelling it out again, like they did with Andrew.
Answered your own question there. I know the promo team have to find a hook for each episode and it is difficult without giving too much away but everytime they just give too much away. It's not just with the benefit of hindsight that we know from that promo exactly how the episode played out. Perhaps that's why the ratings aren't great - why waste an hour and a half when they give it all away in 30 seconds?

Last edited:
Back