Skip to main content

Australian Idol 2024

I often cringe about them handing microphones to family members for too long. I try not to post about it too much, because without media training it is extremely difficult to speak in an engaging way on television. But I really liked Amy's Mum just then :)

Mum is watching in NSW and she told me about the 10 votes per voter thing tonight.
Can’t help but suspect that they’ve had some people receiving a very high volume of texts from a low volume of individual phone numbers.

To be fair if I had a friend or family member I would be spending every second of the voting period sending texts and may even look into those auto send text things.

Where as last week I sent about 10 votes myself.

Ok so I’m back watching and just watching Kate’s performance. At first completely baffled that she is doing one of her old songs “last day on earth” as opposed to something on her latest album.

But then I realise this is channel 7 trying to introduce her to an audience for the Voice who may not know her. This is probably one of her biggest songs.

I can’t deny she is talented.

Dylan - How Deep Is Your Love (for his wife, daughters and mum) - a little bit of a weak start for him. He’s a bit pitchy which is unusual for him. Even when it went up, it wasn’t that impressive. Overall this would have to be one of his weakest performances and an unexpected miss from him, for me. ⭐⭐️ Amy is right that he is smart with his covers and guests on social media and merch and stuff. Even though I felt that was his worst performance, he still has so much potential. But none of the judges even mentioned any falter in the performance? Do I need to rewatch?

Trent - Home (to his hometown)- I really think he’s well outlasted where his talent deserved. If he was busking in the street, I wouldn’t stop to listen… Harsh I know, I just can’t really understand how he got to this position. To be fair, the first verse was kinda nice. Kyle wasn’t wrong with the Kermit vibes tho. ⭐

Ivana - Diamonds - great song choice for her. I don’t always think she is the strongest, but she’s up there tonight. May even get some of my votes. ⭐⭐⭐

Issac - Little Bit of Love (for his Nan) - nice to have a more current song. A pretty solid performance from Isaac. He’s got something interesting but I also feel like he has been there long enough. It wouldn’t feel right for him to win. ⭐⭐⭐

They’re getting rid of 3 this week! 😮

I would probably boot Trent, Isaac and Ivana

Probably good for there not to be a judges save tonight, although Amy deserved it.

I think if you want to be a country singer, do country songs.
Introduce Australia to Lee Ann Womack, LeAnn Rimes, Martina McBride, Carrie Underwood, Reba McEntire. You never know, they just might like it. But don't try to countrify 'Girls Just Want To Have Fun'.

Dylan - How Deep Is Your Love (for his wife, daughters and mum) - a little bit of a weak start for him. He’s a bit pitchy which is unusual for him. Even when it went up, it wasn’t that impressive. Overall this would have to be one of his weakest performances and an unexpected miss from him, for me. ⭐⭐️ Amy is right that he is smart with his covers and guests on social media and merch and stuff. Even though I felt that was his worst performance, he still has so much potential. But none of the judges even mentioned any falter in the performance? Do I need to rewatch?

Trent - Home (to his hometown)- I really think he’s well outlasted where his talent deserved. If he was busking in the street, I wouldn’t stop to listen… Harsh I know, I just can’t really understand how he got to this position. To be fair, the first verse was kinda nice. Kyle wasn’t wrong with the Kermit vibes tho. ⭐

I thought Dylan was a bit sub-par this week. And 'How Deep Is Your Love' is not really a fitting tribute to your family, it's definitely a love song to your partner.

I agree that Dylan's performance had no impact, and it's a real shame because he's had some great ones. Just when I thought it was about to pick up, it still didn't.
Agree with all of you. I LOVE Dylan but tonight's performance was my least favourite and well below par from where it needed to be.

Amy - big screechy number, as per usual, and hollow tones.
Denvah - great song choice, richly displaying her unique voice and confident stage presence.
Dylan - blundering around on stage like a daggy dad at Karioke, tapping his chest, and using his constipated face to squeeze out notes.
Trent - not his best showing.
Ivana - meh. Surprisingly not the worst of the night.
Isaac - he seemed to know all the words, and I'm very pleased for him with his time on the show, but what a dull song.

I'll be on a plane for the duration of the show tonight. I'll catch up on it as soon as I check into the next hotel, but that won't be til almost 11pm.
I'm tossing up on whether to avoid spoilers or not... it's not exactly something I'm good at.

You know what... stuff avoiding spoilers. I'll check the forum in the Uber on the way to the hotel. Tell me what happens 👍

Oh no! They're in pairs! I hate that! First up Denvah & Ivana.

Umm...not Denvah's best? Strange choice imo.

Ivana: She's got a great voice and I don't know why but she just doesn't do it for me.

If this trend of one safe and one not continues...which I think it will...I'm going to be in tears at the end of the night.

ETA: Oh they changed the seating arrangements for the pairings. I thought it would be Trent and Isaac and Amy and Dylan but still very nervous for Dylan as he was not great last night.

Last edited:
Back