Skip to main content

Australian Idol 2023

I really hope they do the original style of auditions too of just singing acapella in the conference room (or outback), but I suppose that’s too old school and they want all the rehearsed and produced theatrics of the X factor and the voice. And hopefully they don’t go down the path of recruiting professional singers to audition. There is a reason idol has the best success rate and it’s not just luck of the timing.

Judging Panel being announced on Kyle & Jackie O this week, starting tomorrow.

We know Kyle's on it. Any one want to take a guess at the other 3?

Kyle said he wanted an international star to be one of the judges, I see maybe someone like Keith Urban being a judge on this too given he is already on 7's Roster with him being a judge on The Voice.

Having said that I have seen zero hype for this online and singing shows have generally fallen out of favour with the public. I see this being an expensive flop for 7.

The difference now with Idol, The Voice etc. compared to the early days of X Factor, Popstars and Idol is the motivation is clearly solely about making a TV show rather than finding a star. Appointing Kyle again is clear proof of that.

Harry Connick Jr., Meghan Trainor, Kyle Sandilands and Amy Shark. We'll also be joined by our new hosts: Ricki-Lee and Scott Tweedie!

I’m happy Ricki-Lee is involved.

Harry Connick Jr., Meghan Trainor, Kyle Sandilands and Amy Shark. We'll also be joined by our new hosts: Ricki-Lee and Scott Tweedie!

I’m happy Ricki-Lee is involved.
Lovely Ricki-Lee aside, that is an absolutely pathetic lineup.

Yeah so I am a little underwhelmed with that panel but I am willing to give them a go.

Harry Connick Jr was a guest judge on Australian Idol … if my memory serves correct he made a couple of appearances … I think he will be ok.

If Kyle can walk the line of being truthful and blunt with out being too outrageous I think he will be good.

I’ve seen bits of Meghan Trainor on “The Four” and maybe even one of the Voice shows somewhere and I don’t think she is actually that great or interesting as a judge 😬

I don’t really know what Amy Shark is like so will be interesting to see. I think Ricki-Lee and Amy went to school together.

Scott will be an okay host.

Amy Shark didn't endear herself to anyone on Celebrity Apprentice, and musically she's pretty much a one-hit wonder isn't she?
The only ones I remember are 'I Said Hi' (annoying) and a mediocre duet with Keith Urban.

Amy Shark didn't endear herself to anyone on Celebrity Apprentice, and musically she's pretty much a one-hit wonder isn't she?
The only ones I remember are 'I Said Hi' (annoying) and a mediocre duet with Keith Urban.

Her song 'Adore' was her biggest hit.

This looks like a flop before it even starts. All the social media comments are against Kyle and are rightfully calling out the lack of diversity in the judging panel. How is it possible that the show was more diverse 20 years ago than it is now?

Harry Connick Jr was a guest judge on Australian Idol … if my memory serves correct he made a couple of appearances … I think he will be ok.
He is a judge on the US revival.

Well at least they can do some Harry and Meghan jokes. 4 judges and 2 hosts feels a bit bloated though - one less of each would have been enough.

He is a judge on the US revival.

Well at least they can do some Harry and Meghan jokes. 4 judges and 2 hosts feels a bit bloated though - one less of each would have been enough.

He isn't. He was a judge on the last 3 seasons ( 2014-2016) of the original American Idol on Fox before it moved to ABC in 2018.

yeah but he (HCJ) was also a guest judge on Australian Idol back in the day at least once.

Speaking of the US revival could you IMAGINE If they somehow could have gotten Katy Perry for Australia!?!? That would have been incredible 😻😻😻

Back