Skip to main content

Episode Aus Survivor: Blood v Water, Ep 5

I don't think it's fair to say Alex wussed out.
As a sufferer of back pain I know there are days when you can barely manage to walk to the letterbox, let alone play Survivor.

It is a great shame though, he was nice and Sophie is not.
…I suffer back problems too my friend… I was trying to sound ‘tough’ lol!… I never found out or just missed it completely… did he sustain the injury during production or has always had the injury?… if he hs always had it then why audition for Survivor in the first place?… cheers.

…I love how they have shots of Crocodiles just as they go in the water as if it’s the same body of water in some episodes… lol!… as if the producers would really let that happen?… Occupational Health and Safety would have shit bricks if that was really happening lol!… cheers.
Sneaky big bastards are crocs. They usually are territorial but often migrate for survival purposes...so I guess you never know if one may pop up in your particular waterway. I personally would never venture into any water in TNQ (or the NT) without a croc hunter and even then...nah! God invented pools for a reason especially up there! ;)

So for those asking, Alex did suffer an injury to his back and probably retreated it during that immunity challenge as he was the last one standing for his tribe. According to an exit interview Andy did last week, Alex could barely move at all and what we saw on the episode when they were coming into the immunity challenge when the poor kid was in a lot of pain, that was probably the best he was in that entire 2 days. His fellow tribe members literally had to carry him for KM's to get to the production black out vehicles that transport the contestants to and from challenges and Tribal Council. And probably regarding tonight's episode, he probably asked the producers earlier in the day that his back is not getting better and if he can leave the game but they probably said to him to see if he can tough it out and wait until Tribal Council as if he quit earlier he messes up the production schedule in which like we saw last season they have to have another non elimination episode which no one wants due to either a quit or a medical evacuation which one of the contestants last year had to leave via medical evacuation around the merge which changed plans up as production have made it no secret they want a Final 3 for a few years but either medical evacuations happen or something tragic happens that it changes plans.

That episode wasn't as eventful as the others. Fake elimination and now a pseudo-medevac just makes the week feel useless. Presumably there would be an official tribe swap happening some time next week? Sophie is also petty and just needs to accept she got voted out.

Also @editers more shots of the guys in their speedos to stop my complaining of your poor editing of this show.

Backing up to the rewards challenge why make a big deal about Alex having to sit out when they were only doing best of 5 anyway. They seem to have cut right back in the head to head challenges this year when previously they'd have usually made it so most people, if not everyone, had to compete once, so first to 5 or 7. And every reward challenge is Sandra vs her daughter - seems clear the producers are ensuring that happens.

The immunity challenge was a bit odd. Good to see Alex and Sophie be the last ones standing for the blues but the weight distribution didn't seem as much of a factor as it was made out to be. I'd guess at the end Ben was only holding the weight of a couple of the logs whilst in the middle they were arguably holding more weight.

Alex's departure was also so clear in the editing formula. Have one obvious person going home, the other person they're teasing to be the option and as always a third option as well. Khanh was getting content about playing his idol, Sophie going would have been too obvious and Shay's edit is too strong to have actually gone + she said she would have played the idol. Alex going was so obvious with the constant reminding us of him having a bad back when it wasn't relevant. It's like the editor's think we're airheads who can't tell what they do.

Have they even mentioned Alex's relative other than in the on-screen captions. A few get mentioned all the time but I've no idea who Alex's partner in the game is and we've not seen any scenes of them having concern, or not, for Alex's injury.

Have they even mentioned Alex's relative other than in the on-screen captions. A few get mentioned all the time but I've no idea who Alex's partner in the game is and we've not seen any scenes of them having concern, or not, for Alex's injury.

His partner is Jay, they’re “in-laws”. He’s Sam Frost’s brother and Jay dated her and they’ve remained friends. There was a brief scene of JLP asking Jay how he felt about seeing Alex walking into the challenge injured. That’s about it.

So for those asking, Alex did suffer an injury to his back and probably retreated it during that immunity challenge as he was the last one standing for his tribe. According to an exit interview Andy did last week, Alex could barely move at all and what we saw on the episode when they were coming into the immunity challenge when the poor kid was in a lot of pain, that was probably the best he was in that entire 2 days. His fellow tribe members literally had to carry him for KM's to get to the production black out vehicles that transport the contestants to and from challenges and Tribal Council. And probably regarding tonight's episode, he probably asked the producers earlier in the day that his back is not getting better and if he can leave the game but they probably said to him to see if he can igetough it out and wait until Tribal Council as if he quit earlier he messes up the production schedule in which like we saw last season they have to have another non elimination episode which no one wants due to either a quit or a medical evacuation which one of the contestants last year had to leave via medical evacuation around the merge which changed plans up as production have made it no secret they want a Final 3 for a few years but either medical evacuations happen or something tragic happens that it changes plans.
…thanks for that Marco… it would’ve been good if editing was including all of that narrative in the episode a bit clearer so as to not make us think that some sort of shenanigans were going on just to keep Sophie in the game… or… I just didn’t pick up on it all… (I miss things sometimes because I’m such a slow typer and because I’m looking at the keyboard for so long that I miss some things going on in camp lol!)… thanks for clearing that up for us Marco my friend… cheers.

That episode wasn't as eventful as the others. Fake elimination and now a pseudo-medevac just makes the week feel useless. Presumably there would be an official tribe swap happening some time next week? Sophie is also petty and just needs to accept she got voted out.

Also @editers more shots of the guys in their speedos to stop my complaining of your poor editing of this show.
…bwahahahaha!… sooooo bloody funny!… that made me snort my morning coffee fix Zcsund lol!… coffee through the nose… what an experience that is!… cheers.

His partner is Jay, they’re “in-laws”. He’s Sam Frost’s brother and Jay dated her and they’ve remained friends. There was a brief scene of JLP asking Jay how he felt about seeing Alex walking into the challenge injured. That’s about it.

In-laws (or ex in-laws in this case) shits me. Blood should be actual blood relatives. In saying that, I will accept married couples because they've been around each other a very long time. But in-laws? Nup. And we have 2 in-law couples too!? Not a fan.

I'm fine with in-laws as they're often as close as family - or you hate them. Either way it works.

Ex in-laws though is really pushing it though and I suspect if it wasn't for the person who connected them neither may have been cast.

Mark's flat out refusal to vote Alex out was annoying. He's such a dick. Why would you do that?
This question was answered in a WP post:
I assume they just wanted Alex to stay for that vote, to ensure either Khanh or Sophie were voted out. It's unclear if they were actually proceeding with the plan to blindside Khanh (we only really heard from Sophie and her sister about that plan, so it's entirely possible it was always going to be an easy Sophie boot and they were lying to Sophie & her sister).

They wanted Alex to stay for that one vote before letting him leave, but he forced their hands by quitting.

Also got the impression Alex was trying to avoid the "quitter" label by asking to be voted out, but JLP wasn't having any of it.

I'm fine with in-laws as they're often as close as family - or you hate them. Either way it works.

Ex in-laws though is really pushing it though and I suspect if it wasn't for the person who connected them neither may have been cast.
Aren’t they only recent ex-in laws. Didn’t he break up with her over her vaccine stance? They may have even still been together when this was filmed?

Mark's flat out refusal to vote Alex out was annoying. He's such a dick. Why would you do that?

OTOH if I'd run tipping, someone would have scored a quit/medevac for a change.
Because he wanted Sophie out.

Back