Skip to main content

Anyone Built any "Virtual" BB Houses?

Yeah definitely enjoyed that season, so much better than what nine give us these days. Even though people believe 2008 was the downfall of Big Brother, after watching it you realize it was so much more entertaining, the hosts were way better than Sonia IMO even though Kyle was known for his controversies, at least he brought heaps of entertainment in his role as host unlike Sonia. There was so much more shows, the audience was double the size, so many good things that year same as the years before it.
I agree 100%, Kyle and Jackie O were much better then Sonia, the show was so much better than the stuff 9 gives us now, we get a lot more airtime than 9! They didn't change the timeslot around the whole season, they had good twists like: Snap Eviction On Day 1, 3 Gatecrashers, Terri and Corey going into the house, Ollie the Dog, Carson crashing the house, that hypnotising guy, Pamela Anderson going in, the Big Sting and alot more! I loved this season so much! It was just pure entertainment!

they had good twists like: Snap Eviction On Day 1, 3 Gatecrashers, Terri and Corey going into the house, Ollie the Dog, Carson crashing the house, that hypnotising guy, Pamela Anderson going in, the Big Sting and alot more!

Oxymoron

some of those aren't remotely close to being "twists", the rest of them aren't remotely close to being "good".

Unless if by "good twists" you mean "desperate ratings grabs"
Well compared to the crap Channel 9 gives up now this is pure gold compared to the twists they give us like the pairs twist last year, this is my opinion and you have your opinion. My opinion is that this season is great but yours is probably that it is is horrible so lets just leave it at that.

Well compared to the crap Channel 9 gives up now this is pure gold compared to the twists they give us like the pairs twist last year, this is my opinion and you have your opinion. My opinion is that this season is great but yours is probably that it is is horrible so lets just leave it at that.

lmao wut.

First of all - you need to learn what a 'twist' is. Over half the "twists" you mentioned were gimmicks (Celebrity visits, rebranding intruders as "gatecrashers") designed to float the ratings that were sinking terribly quick.

The three twists 2008 actually introduced were the viewer nominations (which shaped the season in a great way as it disposed serial borewhores David & Nathan and lecherous Saxon); the hand-grenade (which caused the lulsiest moment of the season; but also seemed to be thrown together at the last minute half of the time); and the night one eviction, which blew up so badly in the producers' faces that they desperately had to backpedal when they did their first ratings grab by throwing in Corey.

Also - I actually didn't mind 2008 as a season, but I think the cast could've flourished better with less gimmicks and less stunt casting. With the exception of Alice, Renee, Ben, Bianca, Dixie and Rory; the stunt-casting was rampant and closer to that of a cartoon. Stunt-casting is fine when you go for one or two to pad out a cast; but when over half of your opening night cast are summed up in three words ("The Cult Guy", "Bogan Alien Conspiracist", "Bigoted Frumpy Nanna", "LMAO Midget Bellydancer", "LMAO Effeminate Man", "The Asian One", "Real Life Barbie", "Tits, Arse, Legs") - it's more than just a little excessive.

I think when you watched 2008 when it was originally broadcast, having watched the show from 2001 thru to 2008, the cross-promotion (Carson) and other "celebrity" visits seemed a little like a desperate ratings grab and outside of the norm for the show as it had been run in previous years.

However, looking back and considering how Nine chose to present the show, 2008 is actually much better than what Nine produced.

At the time, I never thought it could get worse than 2008. Nine proved me very wrong. :rage: :bang:

Last edited:
Has anyone built any virtual BB people? I mean that would be more impressive, especially if it had the personality of the original.

Still no Australian Big Brother houses, but here's my latest House for Big Brother UK..

BB_Exterior.png

BB_Vestibule.png

BB_Lounge.png

Has anyone built any virtual BB people? I mean that would be more impressive, especially if it had the personality of the original.
I've never personally but I;m sure you could in the Sims, and then add all the personality traits.
Still no Australian Big Brother houses, but here's my latest House for Big Brother UK..

BB_Exterior.png

BB_Vestibule.png

BB_Lounge.png

OMFG, THESE ARE AMAZING!!! What did you make these in?

I can now reveal I'm in the middle of building the 2004 house on Eden. I was nearly done not long ago but it strangely got deleted when my iPad somehow crashed. I'm nearly finished the basic shape of the house. I have completed the auditorium so all I'll have to do is rebuild the camera runs. Here are some pics! :)image.jpgimage.jpg

BTW I have upgraded it since I posted these pics. Should be uploaded soon I'm also tempted to renovate and re design my custom house. I've made probably 7 different designs but I just did a major one. Still deciding though.

Back