Skip to main content

Any Gemma fans... at all?!

Thoughts on Gemma?

• Get other out of here, she MUST go!

Votes: 38 30.9%
  • Don't see what the big deal is, she isn't that bad.

Votes: 21 17.1%
  • I don't like her much, but at least she causes a bit of trouble. I want her in for entertainment!

Votes: 49 39.8%
  • Ruuuuuuuuuude!

Votes: 14 11.4%
  • Love her brutal honesty, and the fact she doesn't care what people think. Go Gemma!

Votes: 17 13.8%
  • She's awesome!

Votes: 3 2.4%

• Total voters
she's such a bitch.

I absolutely dislike her- she lacks social skills and she knows nothing about being nice, she's trying to be up front and honest but she's just a total bitch.

Hope she gets evicted this week -

I really do want to feel sorry for her, she's an example of the life-long effects of school bullying. It's probably better for her own sake not to be in there, but also not to go the first week, I think that could dent her self-esteem a bit too much. Does Jake have enough of a fanbase to get them through this week? I can't see her surviving the second vote with the pairs task ending.

Other people on this thread have nailed it. The minute amount of footage we've seen shows me an insecure person at best. From what we've seen Gemma appears to be somebody who would complain about people concentrating on her height when she's the centre of attention, and ignoring what she has to offer when she's not.
I think a much more interesting partner to Jake would have been Sam. I can see why the producers didn't pair them and I also assume that whatever personality modelling they do presumed some sort of interaction.
Is Gemma - and come to thnk of it Priya as well - too shy to talk to the boys in the house? I'm trying to recall one moment of significant interactiob between either and any of the boys in the house - Jake excepted - and can't. Skewed editing? Revealing character trait?

I want to see a "Gemma gets a makeover episode". Not saying she necessarily needs a make over, but I would be interested in seeing her with a different hair colour.

It would also give the viewers the opportunity to see Gemma in a more positive way.

I see Gemmas problem as she is constantly assuming that people are going to hate her (probably since she has been bullied a lot at school?) so she pre-empts that and starts off by being rude and abrasive so then its like a self fulfilling prophecy.

I also think she plays up the fact of being so tall or being hated as her "thing". It may be the editing but why isnt she talking about other interests or giving herself some more personality for us to go with.

I think she sort of stuffed up her time in the house too far now. especially with this plan of hers to start fights. She could have redeemed herself and tried to play the game a bit more but it seems like its got a bit out of control for her and she's fumbling to try and make something of the mess.

Overall I just dont enjoy watching her on the tv.

She's a multifaceted person like any of us, but the way this year is being presented we get to see this tiny fragment and imagine the rest of it. The bits we've seen haven't been great. There's no hate here, but no feeling of connection or investment into her as a character either, so little incentive to want her to stay.

I think the sympathy vote she's alluding to, is that she has 'Marfans Syndrome' - the reason she is so tall and at risk of other health issues. She has spoken about believing this is the reason she has been bullied, excluded and isolated most of her life.

I think that she notices these dynamics happening again in the house, depicting certain HM's as bullies and herself the victim. Never a winning strategy in life, IMO.

I don't think she has insight into the fact that it is her personality traits that are in question amongst the HM's and is mis-reading how the public are viewing her and the situation.

I have empathy for her, and also the Marfans Syndrome Support Groups, who I've read have been excited about having one of their own represented in the house and the hope that this will bring more focus and understanding about the syndrome.

I'm not a Gemma fan. I'd love to see Travis evicted first, one, because he mortifies me with his arrogance and ignorance, and two, because I believe Gemma being evicted first could send her into a negative psychological spiral and solidify her insecurities and deepen already poked at wounds.

who?
tumblr_miuwukSCUN1rf3jmmo6_250.gif

I think she thinks people don't like her because of the way she looks and her disease or whatever, i think its more to do with her personality, shes just a bitch. I like her but

At least she is trying to play the game. How and what I'm not entirely sure, but at least she's doing something. Her unhidden dislike of Travis makes me like her more. I'd love to see her own Travis somehow. She needs some tips from Tim.

I was a fan of hers until she used her height as some kind of excuse. own it woman or zip it. im taller than you average male (and im female) if timmy had come up to me and asked if the carpet mached the drapes ild have told him to go on and get busy while he was down there checking. seems like that her height is her 'go to' card for sympathy.

lol, you wanting to see a train wreck? gemma and travi sitting in a tree, k i s s ing,, wtf where does my tab 'a' go into your slot 'b'??

I'm torn between feeling sorry for her and flat-out not liking her. She's 29 (? I think) but she kind of has the attitude of a 40-something and I think that might be why she doesn't fit in - even though a lot of the housemates are around her age, they act more like teenagers. And if she's anything like me after being picked on in school, if I'm uncomfortable in a situation I probably come across as just rude (a bit of a defence mechanism - when everyone makes fun of you for years and then finally someone doesn't, it makes me wonder what their game is and I snap at them) and insufferably awkward.

She still isn't really my "cup of tea" but I think I'd like to see her stick around for another week.

OI!!! im 39 and shes 29. I get more fun out of life than her.
she acts like an old biddy and wonders why teens cant 'get' her? srsly is she that thick in the head?

My opinion went from neutral of her to strongly disliking her.

Hopefully she is evicted this Tuesday

Back