Skip to main content

Any Gemma fans... at all?!

Thoughts on Gemma?

• Get other out of here, she MUST go!

Votes: 38 30.9%
  • Don't see what the big deal is, she isn't that bad.

Votes: 21 17.1%
  • I don't like her much, but at least she causes a bit of trouble. I want her in for entertainment!

Votes: 49 39.8%
  • Ruuuuuuuuuude!

Votes: 14 11.4%
  • Love her brutal honesty, and the fact she doesn't care what people think. Go Gemma!

Votes: 17 13.8%
  • She's awesome!

Votes: 3 2.4%

• Total voters

Zebulon

Just another irrelevant, loser newbie. *cries*
It is a well known fact that Gemma is the least popular housemate amongst other housemates and the general public of Australia. Usually even the most hated of housemates have a bit of a fan-following, but I am yet to see anyone at all express their fondness for Gemma.

I personally don't think she's that bad, and do feel a bit sorry for her...

Is anyone here a fan of Gemma?

20111120204656!Santana_raising_hand.gif

I love her blunt honesty, but she's also the only housemate that I want to stay, so that she can grow as a person. I think that would be really interesting.

Gamma has her moments. I don't DISLIKE her, but some of the things that come out of her mouth... she is far worse than Slayvid.

Can't really see what all the fuss is about her. Gemma is blunt and a bit too honest in her comments. HM's can't seem to handle it. I'm hoping she stays just to bug Travis.
yeah she really put Travis off by commenting on the way he was cooking the scrambled eggs and he can't seem to get over it.
She did seem really likeable and funny the night she entered the house with Jake.
I'm not sure about Gemma now but I understood some of her comments when she was first putting her foot in her mouth with the other HM's and could see she is socially awkward but not so keen on what appears to be her game plan to stay in the house...she wants the public sympathy vote, or at least is assuming she will get it by telling Jake she will get the sympathy vote and him the likeable vote.

Who knows what she's like. We only ever see her bitching or bawling. That could mean she does it ALL of the time or it could mean that she's done it for five minutes in the two weeks they've been in the house and it's all the editors choose to show us.

The footage we have been shown depicts a nasty woman who likes to put other people down. I know Big Brother is a game but deliberately causing random fights is a stupid strategy. Think about what you want to accomplish with arguments, don't just push people's buttons to see what, if anything happens.
Why on earth she thinks she's going to get the sympathy vote is beyond me. Is it because she's freakishly tall or because she threw a fit like a 5 year old and punched her pillow the other night? Not really endearing.

She's getting the "hot mess" edit. She seems somewhat socially inept, has a core of insecurity, and is always backtracking on her words. In other words, she's normal.

Not agreeing with the pot-stirrer tag. I might be wrong about this but I don't see her as a pot-stirrer at all, just someone who has very low self-esteem who says the things she says to try and bring others down to her level (ahem). If this is indeed her strategy to win BB then she must have rocks in her head.

Not agreeing with the pot-stirrer tag. I might be wrong about this but I don't see her as a pot-stirrer at all, just someone who has very low self-esteem who says the things she says to try and bring others down to her level (ahem). If this is indeed her strategy to win BB then she must have rocks in her head.

"I'm the spoon, you're the stirrer" Gemma Calls It
Look out - fiery Gemma's got a new strategy!

With this year’s first Live Eviction just around the corner, the four Nominated Pairs appear to be modifying their game plans to maximise their chances of survival.

Sandra & David, Skye & Lisa, and Travis & Cat have adopted similar strategies of solidarity, actively working this week on strengthening their individual partnerships with dedicated Pair-time.

Skye & Lisa spent time together training newest and cutest Housemates Ned and Kelly; Sandra & David have sought out some “marriage counselling” to ease their bickering; and new Pair Travis & Cat have whiled away the days with poolside D&Ms.

On the contrary, Nominations tally-toppers Gemma & Jake, who copped almost 40% of all Nomination points with 17 strikes, are going for broke with a rather audacious strategy that’s sure to get tongues wagging!

resizer.aspx

“We don’t need the people in here to like us, we need the people out there to like us,” Gemma whispered to Pair partner Jake in the Lounge, divulging her new plan to deliberately cause tension in the House.

“So you’re purposely trying to make enemies?” Jake enquired, trying to get inside his Pair partner’s head.

“No no! I’m just talking about people. Not always in a negative way… Just verbalising my feelings on other Housemates,” Gemma explained.

She assured Jake that she would remain true to herself, but thinks it more advantageous to be positioned at the eye of the House storm rather than keeping a lid on her frustrations and grievances.

“You do say things to people that ruffle feathers, and I’m just in two minds,” Jake countered. “Me personally, I don’t really have any battles, and I know you’re starting a few. At the moment, I don’t know whether to play passive about it and not get involved, or to create more conflict.”

resizer.aspx

Gemma suggested that together they could create quite a stir. “It might be advantageous if I am used as the scapegoat,” she mused. “I’m the spoon, you’re the stirrer…”

The fiery redhead decided to put her new strategy to the test shortly after when Priya challenged her about speaking to other Housemates behind her back.

resizer.aspx

“Gemma, have you been telling everyone that you’re pissed at me, because you haven’t told me?” Priya challenged. “You and I are close; you can say that to me.”

“You’re argumentativeness has offended me today,” Gemma replied bluntly, before accusing Priya of buying into gossip. “Second-hand information is no information at all.”

resizer.aspx

When Priya left the room, Gemma collapsed in a heap of laughter.

“This is great,” Jake commended her on her efforts, suggesting that he may now be on board with the risky strategy.

Unbeknownst to the scheming Pair, though, fellow Housemates Sam and Sandra had been eavesdropping on their earlier conversation and had heard the entire setup play out!

resizer.aspx

But perhaps Gemma and Jake have neglected the golden rule of good strategising - that it remains secret!

article and a vid
http://www.jump-in.com.au/show/bigbrother/2014/latest/day-12/gemma-new-strategy/

@Veronica2005 I saw the fight with Priya but didn't pay attention to her conversation with Jake before that. So she's trying to do a Tim but failing miserably. She has managed get the other hms to dislike her but hasn't done anything to get the viewers to warm to her. She lacks Tim's charm so this won't work for her at all. I still don't see the strategy. Is she just stirring because people won't like her either way so she may as well be a bitch? Soz, I don't find her remotely canny, just a nasty piece of work.

@Veronica2005 I saw the fight with Priya but didn't pay attention to her conversation with Jake before that. So she's trying to do a Tim but failing miserably. She has managed get the other hms to dislike her but hasn't done anything to get the viewers to warm to her. She lacks Tim's charm so this won't work for her at all. I still don't see the strategy. Is she just stirring because people won't like her either way so she may as well be a bitch? Soz, I don't find her remotely canny, just a nasty piece of work.
Gemma told Jake as well but at another time, that she will get the Sympathy vote and him the likeable vote.
I thinking now the pillow hitting tantrum (although she's frustrated in the house) was a bit over the top at the time, and maybe for the sympathy vote?

Gemma told Jake as well but at another time, that she will get the Sympathy vote and him the likeable vote.
I thinking now the pillow hitting tantrum (although she's frustrated in the house) was a bit over the top at the time, and maybe for the sympathy vote?

Jake might get the "likeable" vote but she is NOT going to get the sympathy vote. Sympathy for what exactly? Nuts.

Back