Skip to main content

Amazing Race: Australia vs New Zealand (2014)

sexysam

Does anyone like the Amazing Race ? It is returning this year. It is probably one of my favourite reality shows after BB. Anyone heard any details?

So I just found this interview with "Abba" (of James & Abba, TAR 21) where he talks about being a contestant on TAR with a few interesting insights, such as:

We’re all in the same hotels. Actually, most of the times after the legs, we ate with the crew. It’s kind of like you’re traveling as a family. You’re not in the rooms with each other, but Phil and Bertram and Elise, it’s their show and they’re out there with you. It makes you respect them because you’re like, “God, Bertram is seventysomething and the guy is unbelievable.” He’s had a fascinating life, and he’s not phoning it in. He’s out here directing these episodes with you, he’s on the red-eye flights with you, and he’s a tough son of a bitch.

and

If they know there’s one flight that everybody is going to get on, but one team has a flat and can’t get on that flight, think about it. Production has to be like, “Hold on, we have to wait till tomorrow.” The fact that everyone stayed together—even though some of that is manipulated with flights and those early-morning start times and stuff—it’s pretty fascinating.

Also I didn't realise that Americans pay tax on non-cash prizes. If they win a $10,000 holiday they have to pay $3500 in tax if they take it. I thought they only paid tax on cash prizes like lotteries. That would really suck.

I love TAR, but the bloody programmers always change it around - I never know it is on until half way through a season!

I just checked SurvivorSucks and in the Amazing Race subforum they have a thread with spoilers and pictures of the cast of TARAU 3. It's been filmed, they went to 6 continents and apparently a few teams are over weight.
Here is the link to the thread. All the potential spoilers are in spoilers tags, I only checked a few so I have no idea on where they went and what the boot order is. If you don't want to be spoiled don't open to the spoiler tags....
http://survivorsucks.yuku.com/topic/109445/The-Amazing-Race-Australia-Season-3?page=1

Who knows when it will air on channel 7. I'm guessing after House Rules and it will run as the same time as The X Factor, maybe at 8:30 on either Mon, Tue or Wed or on a Thursday at 7:30.

Promo's have begun to air for the next season! The title is The Amazing Race: Australia vs New Zealand - a CGI kangaroo and sheep feature which is a little corny but oh well. I wonder if TVNZ/TV2 will air it around the same time as Channel 7?

July 22 at 8:30 pm is the premiere date in New Zealand. You'd think the Australian premeire would be around the same time.

Meanwhile... here's some of the promos in case you've missed them:

Aussie Aussie Aussie, Oi Oi Oi. Kiwi Kiwi Kiwi, Baa Baa Baa.

"Bloody Kiwi's"

So NZ get to know when the show will be on before Australia? If it's shown in NZ before Australia I'll be watching it as the same time a NZ.

So NZ get to know when the show will be on before Australia? If it's shown in NZ before Australia I'll be watching it as the same time a NZ.
TVNZ here announce when off shore shows will air months in advance before they will actually air on PDF document on their website that isn't really public knowledge (kinda).

Hope 7 haven't stuffed this one up too.

They keep making great RTV concepts, then ruining them.
They have systematically fucked up MKR & HR, still rating but for how long?

I can imagine them cheating on the NZ teams, or picking shitty aussies so we all barrack for NZ.

There's reports that the July 22 NZ premiere on TV2 has been replaced with a movie. Maybe it has been pushed back a week (or weeks)?

I think the U.S. website Rob has a podcast might cover this show. They talked about it in the coverage of amazing race Canada, which they said was a much better show than the U.S..

No one here in the U.S. can understand why you don't have tv schedules months in advance like we do. It is a confusing way to run television, at least to Americans who are used to a different system.

I think the U.S. website Rob has a podcast might cover this show. They talked about it in the coverage of amazing race Canada, which they said was a much better show than the U.S.

No one here in the U.S. can understand why you don't have tv schedules months in advance like we do. It is a confusing way to run television, at least to Americans who are used to a different system.
I saw your post in the other thread talking about RHAP and it reminded me to watch TARCAN2 ( I had downloaded it and forgot too watch it) LOL.

Trust me people here in Australia don't really understand why the networks can't announce start dated for their shows either.
I'm sure somebody can answer this better than I can, but I'll give it a go.....
It's like premier dates are some of the best kept secrets in the entire world. I think the Networks here are scared of each others show taking away their audience so they keep premier dates a secret till the last minute as not to let the other channel know what is going on. Sometimes they change start dates because another channel has something slotted in that is expect to rate well.

Just be thankful that you as am American know when something will start MONTHS in advance.

I'm really looking forward to RHAPs coverage of TARAUvsNZ. I really enjoy Jessica leise, I just hope she can get some former Aussie racers to podcast along with her.

There's reports that the July 22 NZ premiere on TV2 has been replaced with a movie. Maybe it has been pushed back a week (or weeks)?

Yeah, TV2 just put out this:

"Announcement: Australia have delayed the launch of The Amazing Race which delays us too. TV Guide has already gone to print (sorry guys) but they've got a sweet interview with the host Grant Bowler. The Amazing Race. Still coming soon to Tuesdays TV2"

Amazing Race is my favourite TV Show and I really hope they do not mess around with it this season. It would be a dream to go on the show.

Back