Skip to main content

Amazing Race: Australia vs New Zealand (2014)

I watch everything on the networks online catch up sites these days.
I cbb chasing shows around the schedule.

HAHA I'm afraid I might be too tired at 9pm to stay up and watch a 2 hour episode. I swear I must be an old lay because I get tired at like 8:30ish each night.

I didn't know it was a two hour episode. Obviously 7 doesn't want ratings by burying it so late in the schedule.

Body builders are all show, weak as piss. Have seen how they collapse under real heavy duty work, wiry people with stamina run rings around them:)
I like the kiwis girls so far, those quirky women are my faves so far, with the cute nurses:)

Long hair dude looks like some celebrity, I just can't think of his name...
He reminds me of a cross of Edward Norton and John Corbett. Mind you I've just started watching so I reserve the right to change my mind.

Regarding one of the teams (spoiler tagged for those who haven't watched Ep1 yet):

One of the teams talking amongst themselves: "just pee in your wetsuit" or words to that effect...?? Are they related to Carlo (BB03) at all? Ew!

Stupid scheduling. In actual fact those numbers aren't terrible for a 2 hour show starting at 9:07pm.

One glimmer of hope is that it did come 4th in 18-49 and 16-39 demos.

Ouch!!! TAR came 18th with only 588,000. Beaten by family feud.
http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2014/08/monday-4-august-2014.html
See this is the worry I have with BB following The Block. The X factor got 1.055 and TAR can only pull in those numbers? Fair enough it was 2 hours but to expect people to sit through two reality shows in a row, especially on the same channel, is just ridiculous. Especially when they're never just an hour long. On Mondays they'll probably be fine now that The Block is doing the contestants scoring each other thing but on other nights I will be shocked if they benefit much from having The Block as a lead in since The Block's numbers are down this year. I hope 9 isn't just treating BB like the ugly stepsister.

Stupid, stupid scheduling - people are tired of TV, we have been watching non stop sports on all hours.

I like TAR, but I can't be bothered right now. Just not the right show for my mood, made me restless watching just the first bit.
RTV contestants moaning about the wrong flight, or anything really, doesn't sit well against watching kids who give up everything to compete at the highest level.

Should be at a kid friendly time fools, it's such a family show.

Back