Skip to main content

Alone Australia

I also didn't like Leanne saying that at least she beat Mike. He went out with a medical issue. That's nothing to brag about beating when you didn't even put in a good effort and weren't up to the challenge.
Nah, actually she said "at least I beat Rob" - who is her husband from Season 1, who stared at his family photograph for about a whole episode and then left on day 2. I just confirmed.

Yeah, I guess it's pretty hard to vet them to such a degree. In the first episode she was talking about getting to the end and Rob tapping her on the shoulder, and coming home with the prize money so that they could buy a house. Some people are just absolutely clueless and can't emulate the scope of a situation in their minds. I think they were trying hard to cast Aboriginal and would accept nearly anyone with heritage.

I think they were trying hard to cast Aboriginal and would accept nearly anyone with heritage.
Partly that but seems they're having difficulty finding enough women to cast, so I think that was more of a factor. I suspect they actually approached her to make up numbers a bit. Three out of 10 isn't great.

I had a feeling that one was going to tap out early. So far I like the other woman they've featured who shifted camp sites, and Krystof. The emphasis on hunting is making me feel sick. I just want to watch them fish.

A real pity Mike had the medical emergency, as he was my favourite. I wish they'd give us an update on his condition.

So there's apparently a podcast companion with the show...

It has Gina the winner from last year and Darren Mara hosting.

Last edited:
I had a feeling that one was going to tap out early. So far I like the other woman they've featured who shifted camp sites, and Krystof. The emphasis on hunting is making me feel sick. I just want to watch them fish.
I think her name is Tamika, the "Off-Gridder & Former Police Officer". I am liking following her as well, but I worry that they're showing more of the people who are relevant to the story line of leaving soon, hopefully that's not the case. I'm also enjoying Chase. So far I feel like Rick is going to go for the long haul.
A real pity Mike had the medical emergency, as he was my favourite. I wish they'd give us an update on his condition.
They might mention it in the podcast

Edit: found him in this video @Melore

Last edited:
Nah, actually she said "at least I beat Rob" - who is her husband from Season 1, who stared at his family photograph for about a whole episode and then left on day 2. I just confirmed.

Yeah, I guess it's pretty hard to vet them to such a degree. In the first episode she was talking about getting to the end and Rob tapping her on the shoulder, and coming home with the prize money so that they could buy a house. Some people are just absolutely clueless and can't emulate the scope of a situation in their minds. I think they were trying hard to cast Aboriginal and would accept nearly anyone with heritage.
My mistake. Thanks for the correction. I guess Mike was just in my mind because it was sad to see home go out like that.

Partly that but seems they're having difficulty finding enough women to cast, so I think that was more of a factor. I suspect they actually approached her to make up numbers a bit. Three out of 10 isn't great.
You're probably right.

The US has had some great women. Like Woniya and Callie. Australia's just a much smaller pool and we're probably a country that lives in more urban environments. We're also probably way more restrictive with what you can do from a survivalist perspective as a hobby.

Looks like we have finally met all the cast!

With episode 3 focusing on Jason, Suzan, Rick, Chace, Andreas and Jack.

No sign of Kryzystof and Tamika.

Back