Skip to main content

All Stars in 2021? - Wish List & Discussion

If it didn’t already feel right, the fact that April 2021 coincides with the official 20-year anniversary of Big Brother Australia is an opportunity almost too perfect to pass up!

This is a fantastic idea. They'd be mad to not take the opportunity of the 20 year anniversary to do it - like Survivor Season 40, bringing back some all time great players/former winners. Go Tony!

Playing for charity softens things. I'd rather see them do it for a chunky cash prize, double a normal season. Maybe spruik a charity on the side?

Your list is really good. I have a few favourites I'd like to see return on top of that or as alternatives. Most of them have been mentioned already, like Brigitte (8), Zach (7), Mikkayla (10); and I wouldn't mind seeing Andrew 'Drew' Drew and Tully, (also 10), and Marty (2), and Rachael (5); plus Angela, SooBong, and Xavier and his knits (12).

Your post invited discussion.
Absolutely - and I am very welcoming of the opposing opinions being posted.
The format has changed. The former HMs are middle aged. US Survivor might be able to get away with it, but Seven would not risk not only the age range but also returning to the old format they just dumped.
See, this is where I disagree. I am aware the format has changed and that’s exactly why I believe an All Stars can finally work, whereas it never could have in the old format.

I understand where you’re coming from but I believe it’s irrelevant - in this case, would it not come down to being more about the HMs being chosen and their level of familiarity/popularity with Australia than anything else? Hence why the list of theoretical names I chose are across multiple seasons and are arguably pre-existing “faces” of the brand.

It also has nothing to with the old format - I truly don’t see how combining HMs (most of whom, if not all, on my list are some of the least controversial) with the new gameplay is considered a “risk” to Seven. That’s really why my idea introduced the concept as a limited-run companion to a regular season. Produced in a way that’s intentionally set up to be separate from a civilian season, appeasing fans whilst inevitably attracting numbers for the network during an otherwise downtime for ratings, at a much low cost and specifically to attract a wider audience and comfortability with the format in the lead up to Season 13. Think what Drag Race’s All Star seasons do for its franchise. I see it more about being a smart, and actually low risk, marketing move for the network than anything else.

At the end of the day, this is all just hypothetical...

Good discussion tho and entertaining prospect. But I think BB doesnt and cant work like a survivor in an all star sense.
Part of the charm of BB is getting to slowly over a series learn and like your preferred contestants. An evolvement over real time.
All stars- we know them from day 1. And whilst it may be interesting for a time to watch contestants mix with others from other series, ultimately, we know them individually already.
Dunno. Just thinking out loud.

Part of the charm of BB is getting to slowly over a series learn and like your preferred contestants. An evolvement over real time.
All stars- we know them from day 1. And whilst it may be interesting for a time to watch contestants mix with others from other series, ultimately, we know them individually already.
I guess the upside of the current editing style is the aim would be more of a novelty about which HM can knock out the others and claim the title of “ultimate HM”, rather than getting to know them.

I mean, it’s not like we are learning much about the current HMs either...🤣

I guess the upside of the current editing style is the aim would be more of a novelty about which HM can knock out the others and claim the title of “ultimate HM”, rather than getting to know them.

I mean, it’s not like we are learning much about the current HMs either...🤣
True enough but that becomes more a survivor like program than a true BB. Different beast

Good discussion tho and entertaining prospect. But I think BB doesnt and cant work like a survivor in an all star sense.
Dunno. Just thinking out loud.

That's why I hate those I'm a celeb or recent champion v contender survivor seasons because we've already learnt their stories.

That's why I hate those I'm a celeb or recent champion v contender survivor seasons because we've already learnt their stories.
Agree. But in a survivor setting its more permissable. BB is largely, or was largely about character and personality rather than physical challenges and enduring harsh climactic living conditions. Lot more variables. in survivor. BB at its inception is purely about social dynamics. And watching them evolve over real time.

Ok so you're open for discussion but my opinion is irrelevant. Got it. 🙄
No. Please don’t take my words out of context - I meant that I, personally, am of the belief that the age of the HMs is irrelevant to the success for an All Stars run. Not that your opinion isn’t valued.

Apologies if my sentence came across that way.

I meant that I, personally, am of the belief that the age of the HMs is irrelevant to the success for an All Stars run
Well we disagree on that one. I think the old format is dead and buried and an All Stars season is not suited to the new format. But that's just me.

I think it could still attract 7's younger demo, they could throw in a few some young hotties like talia, dan, chad, tully, ed and 10 usually casted young anyways so most hm's wouldn't be over the age of 40.

Last edited:
they could just get some young hotties like talia, dan, tully, ed and 10 usually casted young anyways so most hm's wouldn't be over the age of 40.
Wouldn't be a true All Stars if they were ruling out older HMs though, would it?

Wouldn't be a true All Stars if they were ruling out older HMs though, would it?
They could still put in older hm's, but I reckon if they put in a few younger hotties like Talia, Chad, Drew, Tully, Tahan, that would freshen up the house and be enough to get in a younger demo.

Also, fault on my behalf I worded wrong, I was originally meant to say chuck in a few younger hotties

Back