Skip to main content

A CHALLENGE to Prisus Haters

Prisus represents an amalgamation of many of the things that strike fear (and by extension, hatred) into the heart of your average, stereotypical Australian.

Intellectualism? CHECK.
Non anglo-saxon background? CHECK.
A woman with power and ambition? CHECK.

With this in mind, it's obvious she will never be universally loved. We predicted this from the moment we first met her.

Otherwise, the Prisus hate comes from people forcing themselves to hate her simply out of spite for "Pristianity". The Apriyists grow more vocal and agitated as the love for Prisus intensifies. If people really found her boring, they would be serving her indifference, not hatred. If she's so boring, then why is she always on everybody's lips?

It should be obvious that the exaggerated love for Priya is completely tongue-in-cheek. I genuinely do LOVE Priya as a housemate, and hamming up that love is something that I do because I find it amusing. I don't know about everyone else, but rallying around Priya in this way is something fun for me to do to keep myself engaged with what has been an incredibly sub-par series of Big Brother (and it's not actually the fault of any of the housemates). If people don't understand that, and take issue with people having fun, then that's their own problem. Nobody is forcing them to participate or engage with it.

I knew this was coming. And it was WORTH IT!

Prisus represents an amalgamation of many of the things that strike fear (and by extension, hatred) into the heart of your average, stereotypical Australian.

Intellectualism? CHECK.
Non anglo-saxon background? CHECK.
A woman with power and ambition? CHECK.

With this in mind, it's obvious she will never be universally loved. We predicted this from the moment we first met her.

Otherwise, the Prisus hate comes from people forcing themselves to hate her simply out of spite for "Pristianity". The Apriyists grow more vocal and agitated as the love for Prisus intensifies. If people really found her boring, they would be serving her indifference, not hatred. If she's so boring, then why is she always on everybody's lips?

It should be obvious that the exaggerated love for Priya is completely tongue-in-cheek. I genuinely do LOVE Priya as a housemate, and hamming up that love is something that I do because I find it amusing. I don't know about everyone else, but rallying around Priya in this way is something fun for me to do to keep myself engaged with what has been an incredibly sub-par series of Big Brother (and it's not actually the fault of any of the housemates). If people don't understand that, and take issue with people having fun, then that's their own problem. Nobody is forcing them to participate or engage with it.

i0blmq4S6kAcN.gif

She has a painfully large ego and considers herself much much more intelligent than she actually is. All she does is hide behind a well maintained vocabulary. But that's not my biggest issue with her - I find her really really boring. Painfully boring.

I haven't found anything she has ever said to be interesting and she has a sense of humour like a bowl lumpy porridge.

To all the Priya haters, this is a challenge to you:

I have seen very few examples of people giving genuine reasons for not liking Priya, and I would like to welcome anyone who can give a legitimate reason.

I understand that some people might find the Prisus adoration too much for them, but that is not a reason to not like her. The worship of Prisus does not stem from some realistic belief that she is the greatest person in the world. Instead, we idolise her because we can see the great role model that she is for women and men alike.

I figured I would deal with a few of the main arguments I have seen people use to inadequately justify their hatred.

Priya is Manipulative
First off, this is a GAME. Anyone who doesn’t put himself or herself in the best position possible in this game is not playing it well. Skye does so by how she acts; David’s strategy of exposing other people’s strategy is his method. People claim she was somehow acting in bad faith, being a bad person for trying to get Aisha to take the money. Who cares if she did not tell Aisha the truth? She was trying to get herself out of eviction. WE live in a capitalist society for fucks sake. Do you go to the shops and expect that the seller will do what’s in your best interests? NO, people do what puts them in the best position. Human nature is inherently selfish. I am sure that very few people in Priya’s position would have done differently (albeit most of you probably aren’t smart enough to think of this strategy). She plays people for the point of placing herself in the best position. She tried to sell Aisha the idea of leaving, so that she could benefit from not being evicted. Tim manipulated people similarly last year, Tim adores Priya for this reason. This is how Big Brother SHOULD be played.

Priya is Two-Faced
I’ll start with the clip of Priya talking about Clawson from sCat’s nominations to Big Brother. I honestly don’t see what other people would have done. sCat was clearly looking for validation, and Priya did not want to hurt her feelings. I know that it probably would have been better for her to be honest, but I doubt that many people would have done so when they knew they risked making someone more distressed and upset than they already were. Housemates often flat out lie/say white-laws to not hurt each other when a person is seeking validation. Why make them mad? You'll just get nominated.
Secondly, who cares if she planted a seed of distrust in Skye’s mind regarding Leo? She was probably correct. Back to the manipulative idea, she was selling Skye an idea in an attempt to win further loyalty. THAT is game playing, and THAT is what should be done.
Thirdly, people say she jumps from one housemate to the next. Most of the housemates do this. David does it very well too. He goes from getting information on others and reports it back to Ryan or others. Jason obviously did it. Ryan does it too. I don’t see why it’s so frowned upon. Knowledge and gossip is power in this game. People need to get over it. If your excuse is Priya does it more, well then she’s getting the most knowledge and power. Live with it.

Priya isn’t intelligent
Yea, she probably isn’t the smartest person in the world, but she sure as hell is the smartest person in that house. We don’t love her because she is some genius, we love her because she promotes intellectualism, rationale and critical analysis. She is a good example for Australian youth, emphasising that you don’t have to dumb yourself down to be an interesting and likeable person. Young people need more intellectual people as role models, and although she mightn’t be the smartest person in the world, she is probably the closest thing to what could be called a role model on Big Brother 2014.
We have been shown more examples of her having intelligent conversation than other HM’s, and people have been complaining that this kind of conversation is essential to getting to know housemates and we haven't got enough of it. So why complain when we are shown that for one housemate? Make up your mind! Priya plays an important role in the house because she can hold proper conversations with anyone, regardless of whether she likes them. That is a quality that I personally respect highly.

I’d truly like to encourage people of opposing views to post here. BUT, if you cannot give a substantial, rationalised, critically evaluated opinion, do not post it on MY thread. If you have a problem with that, POST ELSWHERE. Looking forward to being able to respect the contrary intelligent opinions of others.

Battle Stations?
@MADONNA
@Lightning McQueen
@iJake
@BBfan-
@Brent

tumblr_ndgc8bR5CX1qeqbeio1_400.gif

She has a painfully large ego

I disagree, I just think she exudes confidence.

and considers herself much much more intelligent than she actually is.

In such a confined space, she IS the most intelligent person there. When confronted with the truth, one must accept it.

All she does is hide behind a well maintained vocabulary.

I don't think so, she always has well thought out responses, and she uses the well maintained vocabulary effectively so that her argument makes perfect sense. It would be meloncopy if she didn't...

But that's not my biggest issue with her - I find her really really boring. Painfully boring.

I haven't found anything she has ever said to be interesting and she has a sense of humour like a bowl lumpy porridge.

This seems to be the first acceptable answer. There is no way to argue with personal preference (y)

I don't consider myself a hater of any of the HMs. Do I have favorites? Yes, of course... Most of us do right? On that note... Priya is not one of my favs. Simply because I (my likes) watch BB for the entertainment value and not so much for the strategies they adopted. For strategic entertainment I think I'll just stick to chess haha. David was one of my favs but at moment is doing my head with all the strategic talk. I do realise it's a just a fraction that we get to see of the HMs, therefore unable to make an informed opinion (for what its worth lol). I absolutely loved Tim last year... Yeah, he was very strategic (perhaps the best of all times) but man that dude was funny funny funny. Oh back to Priya. Yes, she seems like a very intellectual person playing the game, however, she's boring. Maybe BB should show a lil more of her when she's entertaining. That goes for a few other HMs as well but will leave them for other threads... That is all! :)

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Its pointless discussing Pristianity with Pristians. Non believers will be wrong regardless of what is said.

I'll be the first to put my head on the chopping block though and say I dont like her, she is boring, she doesn't do anything that's entertaining (imo). Maybe if she attempted the frozen chicken or something, anything apart from a running commentary on whats going on in the house.

How about responding to 'Priya is boring to watch' (unless you find running commentary entertaining - I thought that was BBs job).

If she goes the house will be exactly the same as it was before she left. Dont worry I'm well aware of others that are boring too, Manrina and Leo come to mind.

That is all - Fire at will :)

I will admit I accused her of being boring. Nobody can really deny that either. I am a Priya fan though for the most part. We are really seeing more of her recently which has helped.

Back