Skip to main content

5 thoughts.... (Week 1)

Tried to finish episode 4. At this stage I have the general vibe of most of the cast.

They’re not great. They have superficial brains. Like nearly all of them. These are not the kind of people I would spend time with. Maybe on a dancefloor, but that’s it. I just could not connect with them.

While I would have satisfaction in watching them eat spiders and have to hold their hands up for two hours, watching them forced to be in their underwear for an episode is not one of them. I fast forwarded the episode to the evictions and there was no satisfaction for me.

The problem with the prerecorded format is that BB won’t take direct feedback from us the audience abd implement it. There’s such a disconnect.

Please let me know when their time in the house becomes difficult. They’re having far too much fun for my liking. 😞

Of course [female minority] got the arse first!

"I don't know her well enough" is just bogan for NOT MY TYPE, CAN'T BE BOTHERED.

Meanwhile, someone named "Minee" is running around rent free. Let's not forget the first one that made the strongest visual impression on me, Annasophia:

62bfe2bf1ea5c44d3a0fc39c54ed4ea3.jpg
I miss your views around here Mads!

Like I’ve lost my guiding light in this soul-less landscape of a show.. Not only my guiding light… The saviour of others in this foul smelling swamp !

1. The train twist was actually really good, especially in terms of set design.
  2. The 'filling the house with hot sexy singles' is awful, hence the poor ratings.
  3. I am glad we are seeing less games, and more of housemates being housemates.
  4. I am glad uplate is back, it is a good balance between adult conversations and adult content.
  5. I like seeing Sonia in the house hosting evictions, however a quick roving interview of the evictee by her on the way out (coupled with housemates family/friends/partners waiting for them at the gate) would work wonders here.

Would they be able to announce a 2024 season without having some kind of contract?

I’m just not as optimistic that any other network will pick it up.

Even though BBUK seems to be doing okay, that doesn’t guarantee success in Australia. It’s still going to be a huge risk.
Yeah too true. I feel like, as some have said, production have been very coy about this season, and almost expecting shit ratings. They left it so late they want to wipe the shame away. But hopeful they’re able to make a revival.

I feel that they’re keen on 2024 live season, and will give it one last go, with live , to see if it turns around their fortunes. Willing to give them the benefit of the doubt and release a cast of normal people in a live season. They just need to get that right , get rid of their canned or post production bullshit and do a raw BB. They maybe able to find their legs if they do so..

The problem they have is they have put themselves in a hole and a live season would need to dig them out of it. Would they be willing to give it time to do so?

Seven can't afford the risk - the brand in association with Channel 7 is done. It's a relaitonship which even if they paper over the cracks maintaining isn't going to do either brand any favours.

Back