Skip to main content

2021 CASTING THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
They may have to. I don't think the group challenges are as important as it was in the original version where you had weekly tasks that required team work and regular opportunities for points of discussion, two things you could test in a group challenge. For this new version all they basically need is auditionees to film themselves either holding a ball, rolling a ball, catching a ball, dropping a ball or balancing a ball to see how they'd do in challenges.

For this new version all they basically need is auditionees to film themselves either holding a ball, rolling a ball, catching a ball, dropping a ball or balancing a ball to see how they'd do in challenges.
Ah bugger, I knew something was missing in my audition video!

Anyone got any goss on casting? Did anyone get past the skype call and what state are you in if so? We should be coming down to the pointy end of casting now given auditions are closed and dates stated for interviews are between the 17th of august and September... I got a skype but patiently waiting to see if anything comes out of it.

Anyone got any goss on casting? Did anyone get past the skype call and what state are you in if so? We should be coming down to the pointy end of casting now given auditions are closed and dates stated for interviews are between the 17th of august and September... I got a skype but patiently waiting to see if anything comes out of it.
So do you reckon if you only had the initial call a couple weeks ago and no further contact that means you not making it any further? How long ago did you apply and how long ago did you have your skype?

So do you reckon if you only had the initial call a couple weeks ago and no further contact that means you not making it any further? How long ago did you apply and how long ago did you have your skype?
If you haven’t been contacted about the next stage yet (the stage after Skype), it’s unlikely you will hear back at this point in time.

I reside in WA and I have had a Skype as well.
Going by last years process they will not contact anyone until they have finalised their short list .
That is about two weeks after they have finished their audition process.
An associate of mine has a cousin who worked on the casting team last year
That’s where my info stems from
So mid September is Crunch time

If you haven’t been contacted about the next stage yet (the stage after Skype), it’s unlikely you will hear back at this point in time.
If you got to lives last year you still may be in the running.
If not and nothing by the end of August chances are try again next season.

They may have to. I don't think the group challenges are as important as it was in the original version where you had weekly tasks that required team work and regular opportunities for points of discussion, two things you could test in a group challenge. For this new version all they basically need is auditionees to film themselves either holding a ball, rolling a ball, catching a ball, dropping a ball or balancing a ball to see how they'd do in challenges.
Like a trained seal

There’s usually a mass rejection email after all Skypes are done, right?
Around two weeks after they finalise their short list the unfortunate ones will get a dear john generic email
Like last year after the lives

Has anyone heard of any Skype auditions in Victoria yet? I reckon they will be out of the running.
Pretty sure someone earlier in the thread said VIC had already been doing Skypes. Plus stage 4 is only supposed to be around for a couple more weeks.

One would assume, with the application saying you need to be available for "10-12 weeks", would include some lockdown time pre entering the house. No doubt one of the conditions of entry is probably a covid test followed by isolation until results come back clear as well. Based on all that, i dont think they would of specifically excluded any state from the process... but hey, you never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back