Skip to main content

2021 CASTING THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they received anywhere near the volume of applicants as last year (+50k), or greater... could imagine the emails will take a while for the system to send them all off lol... but would assume rejections should be sent by tomorrow surely. Maybe its done by alphabetical surname... Pure guess, but hey my surname starts with an A, so you never know haha

I wonder why people who made it to the stage after groups haven’t received a word yet... do we know when the first alleged people shortlisted were contacted after their final one on one? Was it end of last week/early this week?

I wonder why people who made it to the stage after groups haven’t received a word yet... do we know when the first alleged people shortlisted were contacted after their final one on one? Was it end of last week/early this week?
I'd say they're sending out all rejections first, then they'll contact remaining people. So maybe late this week or start of next week at latest. Put it this way, until you get that rejection, you're still a chance! Glass half full ;)

I'd say they're sending out all rejections first, then they'll contact remaining people. So maybe late this week or start of next week at latest. Put it this way, until you get that rejection, you're still a chance! Glass half full ;)
If the claims above are true though of somebody being shortlisted wouldn’t they just do them all in one day? Surely there can’t be any more than 30 that make it that far?

If the claims above are true though of somebody being shortlisted wouldn’t they just do them all in one day? Surely there can’t be any more than 30 that make it that far?
You'd think so, but who knows! I dont think the shortlist would only be 30 though, thats too few. Take the last season for example. 20 people went into the house, and you need to have the right mix of people, so i'd say you'd need at least x3 that amount of people to be able to come up with a good mix, plus have backup incase anything falls through etc.

Dont forget, people still need to pass medicals, psych tests, and surely a covid test before they even get accepted. I'm sure they could also call that many people straight away, But i imagine the shortlist is bigger than some think. Im not a producer so dont take my word for anything but speculation, but speaking from a job hiring perspective, and lets face it this is pretty much in line with that, a lot of places cut out the unsuccessful ones first, so then they can focus on their shortlist.

You'd think so, but who knows! I dont think the shortlist would only be 30 though, thats too few. Take the last season for example. 20 people went into the house, and you need to have the right mix of people, so i'd say you'd need at least x3 that amount of people to be able to come up with a good mix, plus have backup incase anything falla through etc.

Dont forget, people still need to pass medicals, psych tests, and surely a covid test before they even get accepted. I'm sure they could also call that many people straight away, But i imagine the shortlist is bigger than some think. Im not a producer so dont take my word for anything but speculation, but speaking from a job hiring perspective, and lets face it this is pretty much in line with that, a lot of places cut out the unsuccessful ones first, so then they can focus on their shortlist.
True but tbh I think <100 went through to producer one on ones post - group so surely if people had been contacted in the vicinity of 60 individuals you’d have some info being leaked.

True but tbh I think <100 went through to producer one on ones post - group so surely if people had been contacted in the vicinity of 60 individuals you’d have some info being leaked.
Possibly, but then also remember if theyve had to sign confidentiality agreements, they would be stupid to risk saying something just incase it was a reason for them to miss out.

Personally speaking, had i got a phone interview i dont even think i would of posted on here until i knew I hadnt made it further.

Possibly, but then also remember if theyve had to sign confidentiality agreements, they would be stupid to risk saying something just incase it was a reason for them to miss out.
True but anyone that made it past Skype had to sign one so that’s a few hundred at least.

True but anyone that made it past Skype had to sign one so that’s a few hundred at least.
Ah fair enough.
Anyway, again I'd just go with the fact that until you get told you're out, you're still a chance!

Also, if you follow any of this years housemates on youtube, (Kieran, Sarah in particular), they actually said it took a while for them to be confirmed. I think one of them even said they heard nothing for ages.

Either way, they're not gonna shaft you, you'll find out whatever the outcome is. I'm sure the wait is a killer though! Haha

Ah fair enough.
Anyway, again I'd just go with the fact that until you get told you're out, you're still a chance!

Also, if you follow any of this years housemates on youtube, (Kieran, Sarah in particular), they actually said it took a while for them to be confirmed. I think one of them even said they heard nothing for ages.

Either way, they're not gonna shaft you, you'll find out whatever the outcome is. I'm sure the wait is a killer though! Haha

I'm pretty sure you only get a call if you make it through to the next round

I wonder if anyone from Victoria got through?
My mate got his rejection email yesterday. Shame - I thought his application video was great and he’d be quality TV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back