Skip to main content

2020 Ratings Thread

What, so the TVBlackbox article was just meaningless clickbait?

I'd imagine even if the data was lost they'd be a back up method in place of just writing a plain old TV viewing diary as they did for many years of people anyway.

I don't know what has taken so long. If the server was locked/compromised, replace or format the hard drive and back it up from the most recent backup. They did have a backup, right? Then the data from Tuesday last week onwards could be uploaded from the boxes.

I bet it was running on Windows.

I don't know what has taken so long. If the server was locked/compromised, replace or format the hard drive and back it up from the most recent backup. They did have a backup, right? Then the data from Tuesday last week onwards could be uploaded from the boxes.

I bet it was running on Windows.
XP

Software is probably owned by third party company or something. No expertise on site.
Probably still running on Windows though, which will be how it got ransomwared. When you see the BSOD on train info boards or ATMs etc you have to wonder how society actually functions from one day to the next.

Ratings catch-up day starts tomorrow:

Wednesday 29th July:
9am – Data release for 21st July & 22nd July
(NB: Big Brother)
12noon – Data release for 23rd July & 24th July
3pm – Data release for 25th July & 26th July
(NB: Ninja, Farmer, Between Two Worlds)

Thursday 30th July:
9am – Data release for 27th July
12noon – Data release for 28th July
(NB: Wentworth)

Friday 31st July:
9am – Data release for 29th July
12noon – Data release for 30th July

Then normal results will continue thereafter. https://tvtonight.com.au/2020/07/tv-ratings-timetable.html

Please send your scoops to @Tim if you receive videos of OzTAM's staff pleasuring themselves in your email (copy me in too). Presumably, however, they paid the bitcoins.

Depending on their backup routine, it could take a while to restore to a certain date, involving many backup tapes. Also, there is the issue of restoring to a state that still includes the ransomware payload again.

OK finally the numbers are coming in.

Episode 20: 832,000

That's a big jump for the penultimate episode. Suggests that a lot of people who had previously been watching on catch up decided to tune in live for this ep and (presumably) the finale. Just awaiting Wednesday's numbers now.

Funny the finale rated lower than the penultimate ep. Did people not watch because they were unhappy with the final three? Or did they watch the first 15 mins and switch off because it was boring, only returning for the winner announcement?

Either way, the winners of the tipping are...

@BB Daze for the main show (tipped 800k) and @Zcsund1234 for Winner Announced (912k)

Congrats guys!

Back