Skip to main content

2020 Ratings Thread

Any predictions for ratings on Sunday night?

I'm hoping that there is enough for the viewers from wednesday night to be hooked in, i personally think there is. I also reckon/am hoping that maybe people might have heard the good reviews about the show and are either gonna give it a second chance or join in for the first time. I think that the majority of the 740k from wednesday night are commited viewers considering they've stayed in for three eps and i think they'd be silly to back out now considering the show is getting better. I think the viewership will rise for the main show on sunday considering these factors and that is a Sunday so i reckon maybe 800-820k+.

Cheers to 7 for taking a risk, yes it has its flaws, but had they not attempted this format, we'd had never known aspects which could of worked and I think they've done an amazing job for a first season.

Any predictions for ratings on Sunday night?

I'm hoping that there is enough for the viewers from wednesday night to be hooked in, i personally think there is. I also reckon/am hoping that maybe people might have heard the good reviews about the show and are either gonna give it a second chance or join in for the first time. I think that the majority of the 740k from wednesday night are commited viewers considering they've stayed in for three eps and i think they'd be silly to back out now considering the show is getting better. I think the viewership will rise for the main show on sunday considering these factors and that is a Sunday so i reckon maybe 800-820k+.

Cheers to 7 for taking a risk, yes it has its flaws, but had they not attempted this format, we'd had never known aspects which could of worked and I think they've done an amazing job for a first season.

I predict it will either sink to around 650,000 or it will jump back up to 800,000. It depends if those viewers who switched from Nine to Seven will stay there or if it was curious peak to see what the hype was. As long as it doesn't come 3rd in its timeslot and as long as it comes at least 2nd in the demos behind Masterchef then we honestly shouldn't worry. Survivor 2017 and All stars was pulling 500,000 multiple times but yet also would do great in time shifting. For all we know 100,000 or even 200,000 could be added with consolidation. The online views will most likely be consist I think, so theres so many factors to consider other than just overnight viewers as well.

The fact that the season is doing incredibly well on 7Plus, and the premiere was the most-viewed BVOD show ever in Australia (recently confirmed that this is indeed across all platforms), will also play a huge factor in its on-air success.

Oh god, please no AU celebrity BB!
I can see an all-stars working (the whole nostalgia thing is still big, I swear it's the only reason people are watching the current season of MasterChef) but our "celebrity" versions of things are always just so pathetic 😩 there's a good reason why AU only attempted it once...

Oh god, please no AU celebrity BB!
I can see an all-stars working (the whole nostalgia thing is still big, I swear it's the only reason people are watching the current season of MasterChef) but our "celebrity" versions of things are always just so pathetic 😩 there's a good reason why AU only attempted it once...
Survivor ‘champions vs...’ have done well

Survivor ‘champions vs...’ have done well
True, very good point, it seems to have done well for survivor!
On the other hand, I do feel like that's a cop out for then they can't get enough "champions" to fill a whole cast though 😂
And I'm not 100% sure but weren't most of those "champions" the first time 'round just "celebrities" anyway?

Episode Four: Sunday 14th June 2020
Overnight total viewers:
Main show: (7) 680,000
Eviction: (6) 695,000

beaten by The Voice (4 - 924,000) and Masterchef (3 - 945,000) in total people.

In 25-45 demo
1. Masterchef
2. Nine News
3. Big Brother - Eviction
4. The Voice
5. Big Brother

in 18-49 and 16 -29 demos BB was #2 and #3 behind Masterchef.

I've plotted the ratings against Survivor All Stars just for comparison.

Um, if this current trend were to continue, BB will have zero viewers left by Episode 18 O_O but, presumably, it should turn the corner before then.

Untitled-1.jpg

And this is what happens when you mess with the schedule too much like before... Leave it airing Monday to Wednesday from 7 30 PM each week for the rest of the series for goodness sake.

I think the change to Sunday-Tuesday eps might have lost a few viewers last night, and probably some of those who did eventually realise it was on, probably tuned in late, because of the earlier 7pm start time. On top of that, the playout problems in Melbourne may have caused people to switch off? Not sure how bad it was there though. So tonight's figures I think will show a bounce on last night's.

I think the change to Sunday-Tuesday eps might have lost a few viewers last night, and probably some of those who did eventually realise it was on, probably tuned in late, because of the earlier 7pm start time. On top of that, the playout problems in Melbourne may have caused people to switch off? Not sure how bad it was there though. So tonight's figures I think will show a bounce on last night's.

We had pretty bad playout issues too here in Adelaide.

Yeah - and sadly the Sun-Tue schedule was always the plan, it’s just a shame last week was only a once off.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the playout problems contributed to the numbers - it was pretty bad here. As well as the freezing, we missed about 3 minutes of footage and had a scene repeat itself.

This is really concerning. I'm hoping it doesn't drop too much further.

It's a shame it has to go against two of the biggest shows on TV right now.

This is really concerning. I'm hoping it doesn't drop too much further.

It's a shame it has to go against two of the biggest shows on TV right now.
It needs be given space to breathe - programming next year (if it happens) needs to reflect on the competition from other channels. Nine and 10 aren’t all guns blazing with flagship programs every week of the year. Audiences shouldn’t have to make that decision, especially if they enjoy all three formats.

Back