Skip to main content

2018 Celebrity Predictions

Clever thinking in regards to the 'in excess' hint! Not sure it is Kirk's style, but I would have thought the same about Steve Price last year. Jimmy Barnes would be a major coup for the show. Hopefully we get some more clues in the coming days.

I can’t see that Glen Robbins or Peter Rowsthorn have married into a famous family. Actually Peter Rowsthorn is from a prominent family himself, his brother is worth $700 million! apparently.

Oh I see - people are suggesting Glen Robbins because he married into Kath and Kim. And Russell Coight is back on ten next year, so good cross promotion.

Kyle is so fat and ill no way.....remember he was medi-vacced out of a HOUSE, ie BB house twice
And why Rove would do it ????Nuh

The feud is suspected to be that evil One Nation couple, Lisa & co, forget names???

Surely you have to be a RTV clinger, disgraced something, z list desperado, or the odd bet I suspect - Pricey, who turned into my fave ever contestant, simply because he totally went for transformation, and came out a better person.
Maybe some really do it for charity???

Pricey, who turned into my fave ever contestant, simply because he totally went for transformation, and came out a better person.
Maybe some really do it for charity???

I loved Steve.

I think the producers etc expected him complain, but he did everything that was asked of him.

I laughed when he said, he was the only 'celebrity' that had a job & didn't need to be on the show to become 'relevant' again.

Seems like the celebrities phone % for charity is small, read an article about Tziporah & she said her charity got $5000.

Unless there isn't heaps of phone calls keeping them in.

Reactions: kxk
Clever thinking in regards to the 'in excess' hint! Not sure it is Kirk's style, but I would have thought the same about Steve Price last year. Jimmy Barnes would be a major coup for the show. Hopefully we get some more clues in the coming days.

Gosh, I hope is isn't. It probably is. He's done a fair bit of reality TV already, that I've seen. I don't think I could handle Kirk Pengilly's moustache for however many nights it is on...

Two more hints have been released. An AFL Champion who is also a premiership winning player and is known for his "hair raising" play, and an Aussie Rocker who has had music sales excess of $1 million. Jason Akermanis and Brian Mannix anyone?

Our hints so far:
  • Feuding Celebrity 1
  • Feuding Celebrity 2
  • Iconic Aussie Comedian
  • AFL Champion
  • Aussie Rocker

Jason would be good. I don't think it's Jason Akermanis. Every year people say Jason Akermanis! and it's always some other footy fellow I've never heard of. But Brian Mannix is good value, I'd be pleased if he went in.

The titles they give them never match what's in my head, plus my taste is not particularly mainstream so I've never watched the tv shows or listened to the music, or heard the radio hosts or whatever... It would not surprise me if "Aussie Rocker" is in fact that fellow from Australian Idol, whatsisname! Shannon Noll.

I think maybe the two "feuding" celebrities are from one of The Real Housewives franchise.

Is it just me or does it sound like James Mathison's voice yelling "get me out of here, I did not sign up for this" on the short promo of the celeb locked in the crate that Ten are showing at the moment?

Aussie "legend" Rocker could be Shannon Noll. He has been around for a while to qualify for legendary status and has sold a lot of albums and singles.

Apparently the show will start Monday January 29. I think there is a Big Bash game the night before.

Shannon Noll has an album release on the 2nd of Feb, and a national tour starting in May. Publicity for the tour is perfect, but being in the jungle while your album is released is risky...

I hope it isn't Shannon Noll. Regardless of whether he's a lame choice for "Aussie rocker", he wouldn't be out of his comfort zone. He's from the bush anyway, it would just be a camping trip. We need a precious diva (like Pengilly) (or someone funny, Mannix would fit that).

They really keep pushing Fran Drescher's name in these articles. She has already said she's not doing it for health and physical reasons and knowing how strict she is to keeping healthy after beating Uterine Cancer there's no chance she'd do it! So the media should go with another story. Drescher's name is just a diversion from the real celeb that's going in who let's be honest will be someone disapointing who is as big as Tom Arnold is! :laugh: Wasn't it Michael Richards rumoured last year?

Michael Richards >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Tom Arnold

Apparently the show will start Monday January 29.

Noooooo! I refuse to believe it. Everything is starting on Jan 29 - MKR, Married at First Sight - it would be a disastrous night to premiere I'm a Celebrity...

I predict it will start the week before! (They should listen to me.)

Is it just me or does it sound like James Mathison's voice yelling "get me out of here, I did not sign up for this" on the short promo of the celeb locked in the crate that Ten are showing at the moment?

Be still my heart! I'd love James Mathison to be in the jungle this year.

Noooooo! I refuse to believe it. Everything is starting on Jan 29 - MKR, Married at First Sight - it would be a disastrous night to premiere I'm a Celebrity...

I predict it will start the week before! (They should listen to me.)

I am just reporting what I have read but there is also speculation that the show might even end up starting a week later on Sunday February 4 straight after the Big Bash Final or the day after on Monday February 5 because there are Big Bash Semi Finals being played on Thursday February 1 and Friday February 2 which would take over I'm A Celeb's Thursday episode in the first week if they launch on the 29th. But for that week it may be a possibility they will skip the Thursday episode? That also means the Sunday episode on the 4th would be aired straight after the BBL final or again another skipped episode but that would mean we wouldn't see any jungle action for 4 days: Thursday to Sunday! It would be a waste of the celebrities time not having those episodes though and they would be really bored on a "four-day" weekend as we know not much happens when the show doesn't air. So if it does start on the 29th I think the Sunday Feb 4th episode would definitely have to air but they would probably advertise it at as a "special" later time. The final BBL game hasn't been set a start time yet so if it starts after 6.00pm then I'm A Celebrity doesn't really have a possibility of airing that night.

Back