Skip to main content

2017 Celebrity Predictions

They potrayed the much loved Olympian as a man on the commercial (in the snapshot part with the clue and the back of the celebrity about to enter the "hotel"). This year I think they are revealing the sex of the celebrities.

So far we have:
AFL legend - Male
Australia's Hottest Model - Female
Comedian - Male
Pop Diva - Female
Shock Jock - Male
US Sitcom Star - Male

Unknown: Reality Star, Singing Sensation

Revealing the genders helps us narrow it down a bit by 50% :);)
Could we be any more imprecise?

Doubt it for both. Tim Allen has a successful sitcom current, and Sheen has a movie just coming out. No reason for either.

You may be right. Just watched another ad, the guy in the dark suit had a shaved head - assuming the guy in the dark suit is the sitcom star. Middled aged.... Was going to say Jon Cryer, but I dont see that he had any standup comic background?

They potrayed the much loved Olympian as a man on the commercial (in the snapshot part with the clue and the back of the celebrity about to enter the "hotel"). This year I think they are revealing the sex of the celebrities.

I must have missed out on that clue / ad about the olympian. Still a month to go to the actual show, so hopefully even more clue to be revealed. I only placed a bet on sportbet on one celebrity [ Samantha Jade ] to enter the jungle, but not yet confident enough to place on bets on the other celebrities.

Last edited:
Kyle is strongly denying that he is going in the jungle but that could be a ploy but like you said I agree I don't think he would last in the jungle. @Kaz might be right with Steve Price? Though I wouldn't be surprised if it's not him either.

Kate DeAraugo isn't exactly world famous (most Aussie's probably wouldn't even remember her) but your suggestion reminded me that Ricki-Lee Coulter and Jessica Mauboy were in the same group as her "Young Divas" and it is a possibility that it could be either of them.

David Spade is a name going around but I think he would be a little bit too high profile to go on this show. He might be a name the media puts around like they did with Melissa Joan Hart in the first season. And was it Dane Cook last year?

I agree and could imagine Jason Akermanis being the AFL legend too if it's not Dipper.

Thinking about the "singing sensation" we don't know much about that celebrity yet but Rob Mills comes to mind. I will have to check if he is doing any shows in February/March. That's my early prediction for now.

I suggested Tom Ballard for the comedian before but he has a couple of shows in February and March so that rules him out.

I don't think it's Kyle either but I think they really want us to think that it is, they even showed Chris and Julia on kiis on the ad plus a golden microphone. No doubt they'd ask him but I just can't see him following through. Steve Price is a good guess. If Derryn Hinch wasn't a senator now then maybe him, although he probably has too poor health.

Could Ben Cousins go in the jungle?? Probably he is also not healthy enough.

Brownlow medallist: Dane Swan would be an entertaining choice, but I think they're more likely to go with Adam Goodes or Jimmy Bartel. They're probably more likely to generate the feelgood factor they like in their sportsmen.

Rob Schneider could be the one, he seems to have about the right number of credits and hasn't exactly been at a career high the past few years.

Steve Price: Can't think of anyone more likely, and he's got a channel ten connection through the Project.

All the others would be a pretty wide field.

haven't there been some negative stories about him in the press over the last couple of years?

doing this show could rebuild his image.

Grant was a much loved olympian, then yes the negative stories involving his ex-wife and others, would be a great opportunity to rebuild his image in the same way as Brendan Fevola did for the previous series....... The replies to the facebook post I posted have other possible olympians that fits the clues as well, so I am now not so sure if my prediction on Grant being in the jungle a sure thing....... I was watching the "Big Bash League" and it had a extended ad of that same facebook post I made, and it had a silhouette of a sprinter.

Last edited:
I guess Grant fits, he is a three time Olympian but does he have success in business and tv? I don't know much about him aside from swimming and his ex-wife.

Maybe Hayley Lewis, channel 10 could still have her on the books after firing her from TBL, not sure if she has been to three Olympics.

Umm a sprinter though, maybe someone like Matt Shirvington? He has done tv work. Probably not a three time Olympian.

Season 2 Promotion swapped gender around regularly. If you recall, the DJ (Havana Brown) was advertised as a man, and the Comedian (Akmal Saleh) a woman, sparking guesses like Fiona McLaughlin and the Stafford Brothers. You'll find with the clues being released now, some are specifying gender and others aren't. My point is, don't treat the stand-in actors as clues.

From what we know so far, there are 10 celebrities. So, we can assume there will be 5 male and 5 female.

Male: US Sitcom Star, Comedian, AFL Legend, Shock Jock and _____.
Female: Pop Diva, _____, _____, _____ and _____.
Unknown: Olympian, Reality Star, Singing Sensation, Model and 10th Celebrity.

I doubt they will put two female singers in the Jungle at the one time. The Reality Star is likely to be Keira McGuire from The Bachelor and the Olympian is hands-down Lisa Curry.

Update: the Daily Telegraph has revealed that on Sunday, we will receive clues for the Pop Diva and Comedian.

Pop Diva:
"This pop and Soap Star has had a number of top ten hits." The article lists Natalie Imbruglia, Samantha Jade and Sophie Monk as possibilities. I have my money on Bec Hewitt.

Comedian: “This TV and radio presenter is sure to liven up the camp." Confidential believes it will be one of Dave Hughes, Dave O’Neil, Tommy Little, Matt Okine and Alex Dyson.

"This pop and Soap Star has had a number of top ten hits." The article lists Natalie Imbruglia, Samantha Jade and Sophie Monk as possibilities. I have my money on Bec Hewitt.

The ad also mentioned the pop star is world famous..... Natalie, Samantha, Sophie and Bec all fits the bill.

However, Bec Hewitt only had one top ten hit with "All Seats Taken", her 2 other hits were considered in the "top 30".

Sophie Monk had several top 10 hits when she was part of girl group "Bardot" and had 2 top ten hits, she is an actress, but I dont think she ever been a soap star.

That leaves Natalie and Samantha being the strong contenders for the jungle with a strong leaning on Natalie. Out of Natalie and Samantha - Natalie had more top 10 hits, spent more time being a soap star, more world famous.... Everything seems to point towards Natalie to be in the Jungle, but I still want Samantha to be in the jungle......

Last edited:
Natalie just did First Contact, on SBS. I can't imagine her wanting (nor needing) to do two reality programs in 12 months. But, I may be wrong. As for Samantha Jade, I think she may still be under contract at 7. She is still filming Home and Away Presto shorts. I am now thinking along the lines of Holly Valance.

Steve Price heads to jungle for I’m a Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here

The I’m A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here cast will have their antagonist in radio shock jock Steve Price.

Confidential can reveal The Project panellist and 2GB host will be entering the jungle in coming weeks and will no doubt provoke endless confrontations.

The dead giveaway is the fact Price has returned to work three weeks early, when he would usually be on holidays until the end of January.

“Pricey loves a good holiday,” a source told Confidential.

“So it makes sense that he’s going into the jungle because he has come back on air early.

“All the main hosts have extra time off and come back at the end of January, but he needs to clock up a few more weeks before he takes off into the jungle.”

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/en...e/news-story/601eda7145b644800499e06e7bba5ce9

Seems 3 are confirmed,
Steve Price,
Lisa Curry-Kenny (much blah, err, olympian 10 get it right, she never won any olympic medals, she is a commonwealth games person), she is weird and will be a good watch, bossy & pushy.
Nat Bassingthwait (???spelling)

Comic could well be Dave Hughes, he is searching/pushing -to get into other kinds of roles & acting

Izzzy!

hqdefault.jpg

Reactions: kxk
Hi Guys, a couple of months ago I was walking past a Brisbane coffee shop and saw Lee Carseldine (sp) sitting outside having coffee with a couple of people, a woman with him said "so next you'll be doing Im a Celeb" and he looked very sheepish as he said "I dont know about that".

I suppose that could either rule him in or out, so its no help at all

Whenever I see this thread, I think it's to nominate who you think will die this year.

Based on the latest promo, the AFL player would be Dane Swan.

Back