Skip to main content

2014 FIFA World Cup

Methinks Croatia will be extremely lucky to get a draw and bar a miracle there's no way Brazil will lose this game. They have a huge home turf advantage not to mention Neymar.

Well that was interesting! Some really dodgy refereeing there. What's with Croatian keeper? He was hopeless.

Come again? What game were you watching? lol The defender had his hands all over him. Whether it was enough to impede an attempt at goal it's hard to tell but no smart player would think of touching an opponent in their own penalty area thereby putting their fate in the hands of the ref.

Here's a clip of the foul:

https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/65...p4?versionId=OhAgxdodXmFi6.Aek8u5olLA_ZiRVPae

1 european team down, 15 or so to go. Good, good , good. :beaver:

Come again? What game were you watching? lol The defender had his hands all over him. Whether it was enough to impede an attempt at goal it's hard to tell but no smart player would think of touching an opponent in their own penalty area thereby putting their fate in the hands of the ref.

Here's a clip of the foul:

https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/65...p4?versionId=OhAgxdodXmFi6.Aek8u5olLA_ZiRVPae

1 european team down, 15 or so to go. Good, good , good. :beaver:

Umm ok put down the anti-EU koolaid for a second. That wasn't the only dodgy decision and I didn't even mention it in my comment so what comment you're reading?! As for hands all over him you've got to be kidding Lovren barely made contact and only because Fred backed into him. You can't give that a penalty then ignore the obvious push from behind that lead to Brazil's third goal.

Call it a foul if you want but it's still a dive...

tumblr_n7381h7N3E1seuriqo1_400.gif

Umm ok put down the anti-EU koolaid for a second. That wasn't the only dodgy decision and I didn't even mention it in my comment so what comment you're reading?!

Oh it's just the ref decision that resulted in a Brazil goal and people that don't appear to know the rules are using to argue that it unfairly cost Croatia a point (draw). That's assuming that tactically Croatia would've been more conservative if the pen wasn't given and would not have conceded the third goal.

As for hands all over him you've got to be kidding Lovren barely made contact and only because Fred backed into him.

Backing into him? lol Last time I checked you're allowed to fight for position without using your hands and arms to push opponents off, which the Brazilian player did. Grabbing players, however innocuous the force may be, it most definitely not permitted which is what the Croatia player did.

You can't give that a penalty then ignore the obvious push from behind that lead to Brazil's third goal.

Push from behind? I have to say I'm bemused by all your visual descriptions of events. :biggrin: I'd say it was dubious tackle that perhaps should have been called a foul but I saw no push in that incident. The Brazilian player did appear to make some contact with the ball so I can see why the ref decided to let play continue. It made no difference to the final result anyway.

Call it a foul if you want but it's still a dive...
Newsflash: players from both teams exaggerated contact to get a call from the ref in their favour, not just Brazil.

It's up to each individual player not to have a brain fart and unnecessarily grab an opponent in a dangerous area, putting the ref in a tough position to call a foul in the first place.

Last edited:
Backing into him? lol Last time I checked you're allowed to fight for position without using your hands and arms to push opponents off, which the Brazilian player did. Grabbing players, however innocuous the force may be, it most definitely not permitted which is what the Croatia player did.
What!?! Lovren might have made slight contact sure but he didn't grab, tug or pull Fred, certainly not with enough force to stop him from getting to the ball or to cause him to do that theatrical dive, therefore no foul. Obviously we’re not going to agree on the call so we’ll agree to disagree. I will however concede Lovren did himself no favours in putting himself in that situation.
Push from behind? I have to say I'm bemused by all your visual descriptions of events. I'd say it was dubious tackle that perhaps should have been called a foul but I saw no push in that incident. The Brazilian player did appear to make some contact with the ball so I can see why the ref decided to let play continue. It made no difference to the final result anyway.
What game were you watching?! :p Cos in mine the Brazilian clearly pushes the Croat in his back. Sure excluding the third goal wouldn't have made a difference in the winner but it certainly made a difference to the goals existence as Oscar never would have gained possession.

tumblr_n741dahsw71seuriqo1_500.gif

I'm torn about this match. :redface: I know that Australia has no chance of doing anything f*cking meaningful beyond the group stage so this may be not bad thing after all.

I've noticed you're rallying behind Spain. Which side are your barracking for in the game between Australia and Spain, Consuela?

I'm torn about this match. :redface: I know that Australia has no chance of doing anything f*cking meaningful beyond the group stage so this may be not bad thing after all.

I've noticed you're rallying behind Spain. Which side are your barracking for in the game between Australia and Spain, Consuela?

I've decided I'll go for Australia. Place of birth trumps any other allegiance.

Back