Well in 20 years of following such events that was one of the worst opening ceremonies I've ever seen. Love how they spent thousands on a big screen to introduce all the teams and in the end a dog in a coat did the job much better!
Did you get all of the Unicef stuff during the athletes parade or did Ten use it to screen proper ads? As nice an idea as it was it felt forced and really out of place - it's supposed to be a sports ceremony, not a telethon. It could probably have been done much better.
I totally agree with you Brekkie...
1. The small props looked like they were made out of Cardboard and tin foil
2. The dancers were dressed like ...um ...casual students (so sorry to casual students)
3. The tartan the dancers wore (the green slime colour) was awful
4. The song that Captain Jack Harkness had to sing was an abomination
(That had to be an alien plot as they know he is immortal and any one else doing that would have
4. Rod Stewart's voice was ucked
5. Thorpie looked like a giant in Lilliput carrying in the flag....He seemed a bit embarrassed.
6. The Large props looked like an abandoned industrial site (but not in a "Tap Dogs" good way)