Skip to main content

THE VIRUS 2020 - the good, the bad, and the ugly

I was hit with influenza a, confirmed from doing a swab. And it hit hard. Totally out of it for almost a week, bed ridden, constant headaches, body spasms from the shakes, struggle to walk because my head felt like it couldn’t sit up, dizziness, nausea that never leaves… I’ve never had a flu like that in my life. Or maybe because I never had the flu until now. I’ve had covid and it was few days of uncomfortable sleeping at most. But influenza a was something else. Took me right out.
😯 that sounds terrible. I hope you're feeling better now. Do they give you anything for flu, or do you just have to ride it out?

I had a bad day today.
We had our 4th jab yesterday, had no sore arm, nothing. And then when I woke up through the night and my arm began to ache as it did with the other three.
I woke up with a slight headache, and put it down to the fact I'd had an extra glass of wine last night. BUT, I never get hangovers, so was surprised.
As the morning wore on, I started aching, the headache didn't go away, and then I had waves of dizziness.
The headache has only just gone. The dizziness has gone, but I feel like I've been hit by a bus still. So I guess that is the 4th jab side effects.
I had really nothing but mild chills and tiredness after the first one. Nothing after the following two. But this one. Not nice!

I had a bad day today.
We had our 4th jab yesterday, had no sore arm, nothing. And then when I woke up through the night and my arm began to ache as it did with the other three.
I woke up with a slight headache, and put it down to the fact I'd had an extra glass of wine last night. BUT, I never get hangovers, so was surprised.
As the morning wore on, I started aching, the headache didn't go away, and then I had waves of dizziness.
The headache has only just gone. The dizziness has gone, but I feel like I've been hit by a bus still. So I guess that is the 4th jab side effects.
I had really nothing but mild chills and tiredness after the first one. Nothing after the following two. But this one. Not nice!
Oh that's no good. Which jab did you get? Pfizer?

I had a bad day today.
So sorry to hear that Feb. :( You sometimes wonder if the "cure" is worse than the disease...they tell us it isn't and I hope they're right.

My first two jabs were AZ...no side effects at all. My booster was Pfizer...my arm hurt for days and the day after it I could do nothing but sleep. As you say, and a bit like COVID itself, the severity seems quite random and unpredictable.

My first two jabs were AZ...no side effects at all. My booster was Pfizer...my arm hurt for days and the day after it I could do nothing but sleep.
I had 2 x Sinovac (bit of nausea after the first one), an AZ which I didn't even feel until sore arm the next day, and a Pfizer which also gave me a bit of a sore arm.

It was the AZ that appeared to cause heart palpitations/arrhythmia. Fortunately no blood clots, but I only did blood tests and should really get an ECG. I can probably get a fifth shot but I would not have AZ again though. I would still recommend everyone gets a further booster, regardless.

There is a blood test that can tell you if you've had Covid, but unfortunately because Sinovac is an "inactivated virus" type vaccine, the test can't distinguish whether you've had the vaccine or been infected. So I'll never know for sure, even though I suspect I've had it at some point.

I was suggested to do the test but I kind of knew I probably did catch it but I just couldn’t be bothered waiting 7 hours at the time. This was when it was impossible to get your hands on a rat test and the cues were crazy insane long. Unless I was getting worse I didn’t bother and assumed I was positive

It's crazy how they're making it harder and harder to get a PCR test. Even if you're a close contact with symptoms.

6 weeks out from ending my isolation from getting it, I still have a bit of a cough. Now I'm just hoping I didn't catch it again on my week up in QLD diving being in close quarters on a boat for a few days.

I've definitely become a covid recluse ... I've been somewhat reluctant to catch covid as I'm a little (rather) concerned that I'd be one of the unlucky ones that gets deep covid or long covid or whatever the hell the nasty ones are called...
So I've stocked up on quite a lot of food & wont have to leave my mountain top farmlet thing for at least 3 months...

I used to go into town every 2 weeks for shopping, supplies etc, then I stretched it out to once every month, now I've managed to elongate that by a factor of 3... I haven't had it yet & don't really want to get it...

I've definitely become a covid recluse ... I've been somewhat reluctant to catch covid as I'm a little (rather) concerned that I'd be one of the unlucky ones that gets deep covid or long covid or whatever the hell the nasty ones are called...
So I've stocked up on quite a lot of food & wont have to leave my mountain top farmlet thing for at least 3 months...

I used to go into town every 2 weeks for shopping, supplies etc, then I stretched it out to once every month, now I've managed to elongate that by a factor of 3... I haven't had it yet & don't really want to get it...
I totally understand. I think I've become a COVID recluse at times too. I now buy everything online and really only venture out when I go to work.

Last edited:
I totally understand. I think I've become a COVID recluse at times too. I now buy everything online and really only venture out when I go to work.
I haven‘t especially become a COVID recluse but I do quite like doing my work on-line and not having to waste as much time travelling and I buy more on-line now too. But not groceries.

I haven‘t especially become a COVID recluse but I do quite like doing my work on-line and not having to waste as much time travelling and I buy more on-line now too. But not groceries.
I buy everything online now..including two grocery deliveries a week. I can do some work from home but I do have to go to our office every day at some stage.

Back