Skip to main content

Doctor Who

Seeing lots of this kind of meme haha.

…Merry Christmas… ** EXTERMNATE! **… “aw come on Dalek… tis the season to be jolly!… do you want a jelly baby?”… cheers.

IMG_1229.jpegIMG_7911.jpegIMG_6416.jpeg

…to quote myself from a page back I said…

…I absolutely loved loved loved Wild Blue Yonder!… it was a classic full on Doctor/Donna interaction episode… it was magnificent!… I love them together… the way they bounce off each other is so friggin’ good… it was an almost perfect episode… BUT

…I did pick up one niggling minor flaw… when The Doctor was using that saltshaker to create a barrier against those creatures… there was waaaaaaaaay too much salt on on the floor that could be there from merely sprinkling it from that small shaker… and… it was so neat in the line that could have formed while David was shaking the salt shaker so wildly… it would’ve dispersed over a much wider area and would never had left such a neat edge… apart from that little thing annoying me… it was sooooooooo friggin’ great!…

…I was just wondering?… why can’t they have a spin-off series called… say… ‘The Doctor / Donna Chronicles’…(or something similar) whereby they have their own series of adventures separate from the ‘Doctor Who’ shows themselves… I for one would watch it… (did you hear that Russel T Davis?)…

…they had the ‘Sarah Jane’ shows for instance… they could have crossover episodes with Ncuti every now and then too… throw in Captain Jack and they would be perfect episodes!… just an idea…

…anyway… I loved that episode moreso than the first Meep episode for sure… I can’t wait to see the next episode (thanks again bleachy my friend)… cheers.

…perhaps there could be?????… it leaves the opportunity for some David and Donna type of adventures surely?… I love that the idea is open ended… maybe my prayers were answered?… maybe Russel T did hear me?… lol!… anyway… moving on… I loved this episode with NPH as the toymaker… he was brilliant… and seeing Bonnie Langford again was a brilliant arc… a ramp into the Tardis eh?… being wheelchair bound myself… I think that it’s brilliant!… now I could travel through Time and Space myself!… when that actress got emotional about that being a big thing to her I know exactly how she felt…

…but even though it was a brilliant effort… I still like ‘Wild Blue Yonder’ better… it was more ‘Doctor Donnarish’ of yesteryear to me… I loved that episode so much that I’ve watched it three times already lol!… cheers.

Finally got the chance to watch Special #3 and I have mixed feelings.

I feel like overall these three specials have paid so much in the way of fan service. There was so much to love and so much done right.

But the bi-generation. While there was an element of it, that was quite lovely to see, both of them interacting, I am concerned a little for how it will affect Ncuti’s time as Doctor. It depends what they do with it going forward, but I’m thinking it might be hard for fans to fully accept and get on board with Ncuti while Tennant is there in the background and a possibility to make a re-appearance. Anyway, will be interesting to see the direction they take it.

NPH was brilliant. Also, I’m already impressed with the characterisation of Ncuti.

…you know what a snide little git I am at times… if they’ve got Tennant and Catherine floating around in the background with the chance of them making a reappearance… what if it’s a safety measure by Russell T just in case Ncuti‘s portrayal of the Doctor bombs big time?… they’ve got the opportunity to bring Tennant and Catherine back in to continue the series and then let Ncuti slowly fade away?…

…but seriously… perhaps there will be a spin off of a Doctor / Donna series type thing?… there’s nothing wrong with that… it won’t detract anything from Ncuti’s main timeline in my opinion… the ‘Sarah Jane‘ spin off did nothing to dint Dr Who’s show ratings… if anything… you could have 3-4 Dr Who spin offs going of our favourite characters all at once… take Torchwood with Captain Jack for instance… I had great enjoyment watching both (but Dr Who was always my fave of course)… why didn’t Russell T just kill their storyline off?… he’s up to something… perhaps he does have ‘plans’ for them?… (it’s my dream and you can’t take them away from me!… lol!…)…

…take the Star Trek franchise for instance… they had ‘The next Generation’… ‘Voyager and Deep Space Nine???’… going at the same time… Trekkies were having visual orgasms watching all three at the same time… why can’t it be the same for Dr Who?… there won’t be one Whovian that wouldn’t watch all of them and we all know it!… bring on a Doctor / Donna spin off!… I will as sure as hell watch it!… that’s for sure… cheers.

I think Tennant and Tate are too busy to commit to a full series, but I wouldn't be surprised if they return in xmas specials

My feeling is that a spin-off is being set up featuring UNIT, Kate, Shirley, and whoever wants to do it out of Ace, Tegan and Mel. .

Back