Skip to main content

Masterchef 2023 - Series discussion

Lemon chicken must have been very 80s. My step son was saying when we saw him in New York, remember how you always ordered me lemon chicken? Yes I do, but I did that because we thought that was all he liked at tha age. Didnt realise at 13 14 he had ideas of his own! Shame! He should have said something.
Not sure when it came into favour BUT if we have Chinese takeaway (about twice a year) it's still one of my favourites along with beef and oyster sauce and of course "special fried rice no 69 on your local takeaway menu" Haha! Old joke not sure anyone will get it?

Yes, your step son should have said what he preferred but 13/14 is an awkward age and he was probably just being polite.

I love Chinese food.
No one else in my family is that keen and it's too expensive to buy for one person.
I'm gonna have a big takeaway feast for my birthday though.
Lemon chicken is always a go-to, and always deep fried.
I hate oysters but oyster sauce in Chinese food is yum.
Garlic prawns are my other fave.

Just as well for the red team that they aced the entree and the main especially(Declan can cook me beef and black bean sauce anytime), because Cath was a total disaster when it came to dessert - I hope she's eliminated soon, she's the only contestant this series who I really dislike.
Theo was a much better captain for the red team than the girl(forgotten her name) who was in charge of the purple team.
I'd love the winner to be either Brent or Declan or Robbie.

I watched the purple team last night and I realised I had no idea who some of those people were, the red team members are way more familiar to me LOL
Declan and Robbie should do a TV show, cooking in the Northern Territory perhaps, those two are obviously friends in real life too. Declan has a terrific instagram page also

Not a fan of mangos

In fact thatt I'm not a fan.of fruit in a main, as in a lot of Middle Eastern cooking. Yet i love their food.

Not a fan of mangos

In fact thatt I'm not a fan.of fruit in a main, as in a lot of Middle Eastern cooking. Yet i love their food.
I get it...either you like it or you don't. I just love fruit and protein together.It's a marriage made in Heaven for me.

One of my favourites is a Thai Lamb salad...seared lamb fillets, mango, cherry tomatoes, cos lettuce and the old chilli, fish sauce, sugar and lime juice dressing. So quick and easy and delish (well, it is for me!)

Last edited:
Back