Skip to main content

THE VIRUS 2020 - the good, the bad, and the ugly

No. But I‘m OS. Are you?
Yes, I think so. We're going OS at the end of March and I think with flying and crowds I'd rather have it.
Neither my partner or I have actually had Covid yet. I hate saying that coz I think I might jinx myself. But like I and others have said before, we might have had it and not known about it. It' s all very odd.

Yes, I think so. We're going OS at the end of March and I think with flying and crowds I'd rather have it.
Neither my partner or I have actually had Covid yet. I hate saying that coz I think I might jinx myself. But like I and others have said before, we might have had it and not known about it. It' s all very odd.

Do it soon so it kicks in before you travel. I've had a fifth jab since I had Covid. I'd have got it before I travelled but the trip to Bangkok got sprung on me at short notice, and then I tested positive just a few days after I got home :rolleyes: so that was particularly annoying.

Do it soon so it kicks in before you travel. I've had a fifth jab since I had Covid. I'd have got it before I travelled but the trip to Bangkok got sprung on me at short notice, and then I tested positive just a few days after I got home :rolleyes: so that was particularly annoying.
Yes hoping to get it by end if Feb so that'll bec4 weeks before we travel.

Thanks Seph ❤️

I wish I didn't keep getting caught out doing that when I'm typing in ads and not taking notice of the last thread I was in!
If the darned edit button didn't disappear so soon I might get away with a quick edit - even if it is the next day!

If we were really mean, we could start a game to see who could get you to post in the wrong thread first every night. :cool:

.... And it wasn't just it.
I had thee creepy skin feeling all morning, a bit of a headache that I never get, and have felt dead achy and tired most of the day. But all the symptoms have now gone (4pm). Just in time for wine time :p

I think I'm immune from covid. I haven't caught it yet. Recently I was a town meeting and sat next to a lady at a table (about 1/2 metre distance) for 2 hours.. She got tested that day because she was feeling ill (why did she come to the meeting) & was told the following day she had tested positive for covid. Another guy 5 metres away from her caught it.

Same here @Thing.
We were just in New York, In the craziest busy places I've not ventured into since the pandemic started, and not because I wanted to, because that's just how it was there. Virtually zero masks.
Still got through that, the airports onto the UK.
My mum went into hospital before we arrived in England. She's got covid and tested positive for the full 8 days we visited for.
On our way to Scotland now, and still okay!
Fingers crossed we remain safe.
It's all too wierd!

Yep same, I just got back from a week in Sydney city - flew both ways, went to TINA the musical which didn't have a spare seat in the audience & you were practically sitting on one another - city crowds were heavy also. A week of buses, trains, ferries - Nothing, not even a sniffle :)

Considering I got Covid during a three day trip to Bangkok, I would not consider flying - or using any kind of crowded public transport like bus/train) without a mask. Even asymptomatic infections are doing your organs harm. Be careful y'all.

To those who think they are immune... I have just got covid for the first time and in isolation with a household of 3 other first timers. So it can still happen.

Sorry to hear that. Hope y'all are better soon and it's mild.

I'm off on a visa run shortly. Siem Reap > Kuala Lumpur > Phnom Penh and back to SR. Let's hope I'm negative after my return unlike my weekend in Bangkok last year.

Back