Skip to main content

The Block

They were all shit haha.

Tom & SJ's had the best use of space though. I think they had the right idea with the mezzanine home office and second lounge room down stairs.
I have to agree that Tom & SJ's rooms were the best. But I also agree that the wine cellar was an eyesore as presented. Sarah Jane did say she wanted to build it in...I think it would look a lot better if that happened.

Landscaping week...not sure why there is such an aversion to black tubular pool fences? Sure, glass pool fences look great but who is going to clean them? Not me! Especially in a getaway property.

I have to agree that Tom & SJ's rooms were the best. But I also agree that the wine cellar was an eyesore as presented. Sarah Jane did say she wanted to build it in...I think it would look a lot better if that happened.

Landscaping week...not sure why there is such an aversion to black tubular pool fences? Sure, glass pool fences look great but who is going to clean them? Not me! Especially in a getaway property.
I would for sure prefer glass fence. Cleaning it won't be a problem for the people buying the property I think, they will have a cleaner doing it 😊

Haha! Yes, I thought that it would be assumed that the owners will employ cleaners...I just hope that they are better and more reliable than mine and that Gisborne has a really first rate cleaning agency...there's going to be a ton of cleaning and maintenance required for those properties.

Obviously, I don't understand the market these properties are being pitched to...because I fail to comprehend why they have to landscape 10 acres! I would landscape around the houses...sure put in a pool, tennis court, helipad (if you think that's a good idea...in my experience neighbours usually don't like them and will object) etc but then I would just mass plant the rest with trees. Whoever buys these properties are going to need a team of full time gardeners!

I live on 6 acres...we have a pool and minimal landscaped area around the house...the rest is just open grass and lots of tree stands...and we have two gardeners.

Ankur and Sharon keep on saying that it is the biggest house but it is only a little bigger, one more room that's all.
I think at the start they thought they could just tell the workers what to do and spent whatever they needed and that was it.
I believe the bad relation with their trades was from the beggining when they were so often not there and left the cleaning to their trades, so they were recentfull to have to do a job that A and S could do. After that the trades were not on their sides anymore.
They can't see that it is not fair that they could leave the shed it that state and still get the same price reserve, the others had to do as hard as they did, and now they expect the Block to make it all beautiful and that's fair in their eyes.
They lied so much too, I still wish they do well eventhough I don't like what they did

Well, that was very surprising...or maybe not?

Stay tuned for Tom & SJ to receive an offer to return for a future series.

I hope not. She was feral. expect her to be on onlyfans.

They believed the hype about them from the moronic judges.

The tartan room, was hideous, but the judges, loved loved loved it.

I only watched bits and pieces of the repeats, but the finale was terrible television.

All of the couples seemed unlikeable, but it still sucks to see 4 out of 5 auctions flop so badly.

Hopefully this will herald the end of the renovation show era.

I'm pretty suss how one house goes for 5.5M and the others can barely crack 4M.
Very interesting.

But congrats to the boys. a 1.6M profit is fucking huge.

Agree Seph, they'll defs bring SJ back for a fans v faves or something like they did with Deanne and Darren when they got a shitty auction result.

The Block needs to take a look at itself and get back to reality.

Noone wants to drop 5M on a house in this current market. Go back to regular 3 bedroom houses / apartments on the outskirts of the CBD for around 2-2.5M. Sydney, Melbs, even Brisbane or the Gold Coast. Mix it up a bit.

Whats next? They each renovate entire apartment blocks with each couple producing a 2 bedroom / 1 bathroom unit each week? It's just not attainable or realistic anymore.

Also, this Danny bloke they've got in buying all the houses is irritating.

Oh, one more thing. The Block NZ went a week before ours. The winning couple only sold for $4,000 above reserve, second place $100 above reserve, and third and fourth only made reserve, so made no profit.

Safe to say, the housing market is fucked everywhere.

I'm pretty suss how one house goes for 5.5M and the others can barely crack 4M.
Very interesting.

But congrats to the boys. a 1.6M profit is fucking huge.

Agree Seph, they'll defs bring SJ back for a fans v faves or something like they did with Deanne and Darren when they got a shitty auction result.

Because 3 bidders wanted the house. Frank, Adrian & Danny.

H5 has entertainment in their yard.

And this is Adrian's charity.

Oh, one more thing. The Block NZ went a week before ours. The winning couple only sold for $4,000 above reserve, second placeNo $100 above reserve, and third and fourth only made reserve, so made no profit.

Safe to say, the housing market is fucked everywhere.
Not all markets are fucked

I hope not. She was feral. expect her to be on onlyfans.

They believed the hype about them from the moronic judges.

The tartan room, was hideous, but the judges, loved loved loved it.
I agree 100%. I couln't live in a house of tartan, I have never seen such ugly wallpaper. The house had potential but with the tartan I believe the buyers didn't like it either. The judges were idiotics the way they praise them

Back