Skip to main content

The Death of Queen Elizabeth II & Ascension of King Charles III

It’s impossible to know if half these stories coming out are true, exaggerated, or told to cause public reactions.

The weirdest is when you see a story in a headline, then you read the article or watch the video and go, "wtf has that got to do with the headline." It's nothing, but the headline is some story you can't ascertain from what is presented.

The weirdest is when you see a story in a headline, then you read the article or watch the video and go, "wtf has that got to do with the headline." It's nothing, but the headline is some story you can't ascertain from what is presented.
They are the worst! I sometimes think maybe I’ve skimmed too fast or something and then go back and carefully read just to realise it was all for nothing. I guess that’s what their goal was though, for us to click on the story. The worst is the over drawn opnion pieces on how a person might look or place their hand and it has some hidden meaning. I want to poke my eyes out reading that crap. How about they simply stepped away just because they really did step away and not because they were reinforcing their stand amongst a group of people. Talk about stretching

I joined Air Cadets when I was 13 and fainted on my very first parade night. You can really do some serious damage, I split my chin open, I'm missing a tooth among a few that a chipped, and I've had TMJ issues since. Fainting is no laughing matter.
Definitely not a laughing matter. I genuinely felt for the guard and then for it to be publicised and noted in the press.That’s a terrible experience for you kingston. I’m guessing cosmetic surgery would have taken place.

I'm just glad that Liz Truss is now the UK PM... She's just done her reading and I can imagine what a bodge job Boris with his unbrushed hair would have made of it.

Anyone else watching the funeral live btw? It’s quite impressive.
Yes, I stayed up and watched it. It was beautiful but really sad.
Little George and Charlotte handled it so well. I couldn't help feel sorry for what George has in store later in life - big shoes to fill.
I have a friend who lives in Windsor, and she sent me a video of the procession passing. Very moving.

Although on that note nothing more annoying than seeing people at an event such as this all with their phones out filming when it's being filmed (in much better quality) anyway. Indeed on the King's walkabouts in the last week the bodyguards have been actively encouraging people to live in the moment.

I couldn't help feel sorry for what George has in store later in life - big shoes to fill.
Given that he should be well in to adulthood by the time he becomes King I’m not concerned with whether or not he’ll have big shoes to fill or not. As long as everything goes to plan he’ll have tonnes of time to be properly introduced to the ins and outs of the role.

I think the biggest issue will be with his life being picked apart by both the media and the public once he can no longer be protected from the media.

Given that he should be well in to adulthood by the time he becomes King I’m not concerned with whether or not he’ll have big shoes to fill or not. As long as everything goes to plan he’ll have tonnes of time to be properly introduced to the ins and outs of the role.

I think the biggest issue will be with his life being picked apart by both the media and the public once he can no longer be protected from the media.
It's a shame the kids don't get much of a chance at being kids.
But, I'm sure they've been groomed for that since they were born.

It's a shame the kids don't get much of a chance at being kids.
But, I'm sure they've been groomed for that since they were born.
I had read somewhere a few years ago that George had no idea he’d one day be King. I’m sure Kate and William did a decent job of trying to keep that under wraps for as long as they could. I’m also sure that they’re doing a decent job at trying to ensure all their kids are brought up as close to normal as they can be.

They’ll obviously be brought up knowing they’re different and being quite sheltered but they all attend regular school, have a chance to interact with kids their age, and seem to have parents who take a decent interest in them. Unlike someone like Charles who had pretty limited contact with his parents once his mother became Queen.

As for adolescence and early adulthood, there will obviously be a lot of pressure on him but he’ll still be second in line to the thrown until he’s in his late 20’s/early 30’s provided we have the current King in to his 90’s. While Harry is most known for being the wild one William did have moments where he was caught living it up like those his age did.

It's Louis who like Harry will probaby be the focus of the medias more vicious side. There is far more caution in reporting on those directly in line to the throne even today.

I'm assuming that won't be a public holiday.
I did look it up, but sounds like a no since it's on a weekend and in the middle of the night here.
Just glad it's not while we are back there next year.

Back