Skip to main content

2023 Casting Thread

It's such a shame that you basically have to be a known entity with insta followers or be 'known' already to get on Aussie Survivor and Big Brother these days. They miss out on so many potentially great housemates by not being more open to just casting 'normies' with big personalities and interesting lives of their own.

If they'd had "overwhelming demand" they wouldn't need to extend the window.

More likely the people they've scouted haven't put in their "applications" yet.

Who'd even bother at this point? The show is shit and they'll recruit half the cast off Instagram/Tiktok anyway.

The whole "singles" casting push is weird, and I've seen them reply to comments on Facebook saying being single isn't a prerequisite. So what are they actually looking for? What a mess.

This just goes to show there really is a lack of interest (or decent applicants).
They still haven’t viewed my application this year. I’m disappointed as I put a lot of effort into my application video. Certainly be interesting how many were scouting verses actually applying too… Good luck to anyone else that’s applied too ☺️

It's a good indicator that you've gone far in recent years of audition and this time they haven't even viewed it.

The in-person auditions are suppose to be next week so they'd have to of already gone through most of the applications as they came in to keep on schedule especially because of this "overwhelming demand". Such a shame they are caring less of the auditions, wish they still did the housemate hunts.

It's a good indicator that you've gone far in recent years of audition and this time they haven't even viewed it.

The in-person auditions are suppose to be next week so they'd have to of already gone through most of the applications as they came in to keep on schedule especially because of this "overwhelming demand". Such a shame they are caring less of the auditions, wish they still did the housemate hunts.
With the old recruiting way, face to face auditions with other stations, I did really well & always got through a lot of stages. With this station I have been contacting previously (not this yr) but not to face to face unfortunately as that’s when I am best.

I guess it does show how well auditionees work with cameras doing video applications but this system does also lose the opportunity to casually see how they behave instead of seeing people do an advertisement of themselves in a four minute video.

Endemol Southern Star cast from a pool for all the reality shows they produce.

I know one person from The Bridge was cast for BB14 but had to drop out and they shifted him over.

No doubt at this point the pool is large enough that they really don’t need to do much.

Endemol Southern Star cast from a pool for all the reality shows they produce.

I know one person from The Bridge was cast for BB14 but had to drop out and they shifted him over.

No doubt at this point the pool is large enough that they really don’t need to do much.
That’s a really good point!

I thought there was overwhelming demand? looks like applications have been extended once again 😂

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-09-15 at 7.19.55 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2022-09-15 at 7.19.55 pm.png
    23.2 KB · Views: 32
Back