Skip to main content

The Masked Singer Australia 2022

Sam Sparro WHO?
The judges definitely have inside information, to avoid embarrassing the celebrity when no one knows who they are.
Wikipedia says he had two singles that charted in Australia, at #4 and #42.
There's no way he'd be in anyone's mind.

Ah I didn’t watch but Sam Sparro makes sense for popcorn. I agree he’s a bit of an obscure reference these days, but Black and Gold was a pretty big hit in Australia

I just saw the very end of the show tonight and they must have already taken the covers off "popcorn" and I also was like "Who the hell is that guy?" I was starting to think that @Sephrenia was right in an earlier post saying that it might have been John Lennon. Because that's the only person I can think of that looked a bit like that singer? LOL! Apart from that I have no idea who they are at all...

Cheers! :D

Ah I didn’t watch but Sam Sparro makes sense for popcorn. I agree he’s a bit of an obscure reference these days, but Black and Gold was a pretty big hit in Australia

Really a big hit here in Australia? What year was that? I must have missed that one...lol

Just googled it again. 2008 it was released. 14 years ago I was still in my Britpop time warp.

1661131453476.gif

Last edited:
I don't really listen to new music anymore.
I guess it's called getting old :p
The 2000s (as in 2000 to 2009) is pretty much my cut-off, and I prefer the 70s, 80s and 90s I grew up on.
That's why I'm in my eternal time warp 😁

So, here we go again.
The big flower one sang well ... um, snap dragon!
No idea as to who any of them are, and probably won't know who they are once unmasked!

Obviously Shannon Noll from the start.

I picked up the 'No No No' clue before they said it, and thought it was definitely one of Destiny's Child who is not Beyonce.

So, here we go again.
The big flower one sang well ... um, snap dragon!
No idea as to who any of them are, and probably won't know who they are once unmasked!

Snap Dragon is 100% Sheldon Riley, Rooster is Hugh Sheridan, Microphone is Michelle Williams (Destiny's Child) and Mirrorball is Melody Thornton (Pussycat Dolls)- she is the answer to the clue of someone selling 50 million records, the Pussycat Dolls have sold over 50 million records worldwide.

Back