Skip to main content

Commonwealth Games 2022: Birmingham

I can't stop watching the 4x200 Women's Relay...it's absolutely amazing! The way those girls performed was awesome! Madison Wilson did so well in keeping in touch with Summer McIntosh...then Kiah Melverton edged the Aussies in front...Mollie O'Callaghan stepped it up a lot...Ariarne Titmus...no words!

I love how the Comm Games runs simultaneously with the Parra games. So inspiring watching these athletes!

I know the Olympics is a much bigger event, but they should look at a 3ish week event and combine both the able bodied and disabled athletes as the 'Olympics'. Surely we're past segregating athletes these days.

I love how the Comm Games runs simultaneously with the Parra games. So inspiring watching these athletes!

I know the Olympics is a much bigger event, but they should look at a 3ish week event and combine both the able bodied and disabled athletes as the 'Olympics'. Surely we're past segregating athletes these days.
Totally agree! It allows them to be in the spotlight as they deserve to be and not be treated as "inferior" athletes.

I've noticed the female gymnasts seem almost "normal" as in they are not resembling stick insects or half starved and under developed tweens or teens...so refreshing!

1659483761693.png
1659483791189.png

2 more Podium Sweeps today in the 100m & 800m Freestyle!
Tonight / tomorrow morning is the last of the swimming. Hoping we add to our collection!

DAY 5

🥇11
🥈12
🥉12

Australia sitting at #1 on the medal tally with 42 Gold, 32 Silver and 32 Bronze. Also hit our 100th medal today! England closing in on us though..

I guess it's inevitable that England will catch up as the swimming draws to an end and the athletics are now in full swing.

Swimming done and dusted and Australia had a HUGE haul of 65 medals, including 25 Gold, 21 Silver and 19 Bronze.

In second place was England with 32 medals / 8 golds. To double the medal tally of second place and triple their golds is a massive achievement.

Well done to our swimmers! The next gen coming through are also brilliant! Bring on Paris 2024! ;)

My highlights so far...
Womens 4 x 200 freestyle relay. Totally amazing!
Emma McKeon...everything about her!
Maddie de Rozario...beautiful person inside and out and what an athlete!
Ariarne Titmus...also amazing!
Matthew Glaetzer...amazing and courageous!

There are probably many more but they are who spring to mind at the moment.

Looking forward to women's high jump with Eleanor Patterson and Nicola Olyslagers going for gold.

Kookaburras, Hockeyroos and Diamonds too! Diamonds need to lift their game though.

I also like rhythmic gymnastics...their skills are insane...what I don't like is that they all look like painted dolls. It makes the sport akin to synchronized swimming imo...and therefore diminishes it.

DAY 8

🥇-
🥈2
🥉6

Australia still sitting at #1 on the medal tally with 50 Gold, 44 Silver and 46 Bronze. England closing in on us though..

My highlights so far...
Womens 4 x 200 freestyle relay. Totally amazing!
Emma McKeon...everything about her!
Maddie de Rozario...beautiful person inside and out and what an athlete!
Ariarne Titmus...also amazing!
Matthew Glaetzer...amazing and courageous!

There are probably many more but they are who spring to mind at the moment.

Looking forward to women's high jump with Eleanor Patterson and Nicola Olyslagers going for gold.

Kookaburras, Hockeyroos and Diamonds too! Diamonds need to lift their game though.

Diamonds making me nervous haha! They going to have to step up big time.

Sad to read this morning that Nicola out with an injury :(

Controversial Hockey scenes, but still glad to get the win.

Our Beach Volleyball teams are on fire though 🔥🔥

Diamonds making me nervous haha! They going to have to step up big time.

Sad to read this morning that Nicola out with an injury :(

Controversial Hockey scenes, but still glad to get the win.

Our Beach Volleyball teams are on fire though 🔥🔥
So sad for Nicola. Her response though is very commendable. 🙏🏽

So sorry to hear that Nicola's injury was worse than at first suspected. High jump is SO exciting though! C'mon Eleanor! Cheer.gif

Not a fan of race walking tbh...but good on Jemima Montag for getting gold. clapping.gif

Back