Skip to main content

Will Big Brother be back in 2023?

So it looks like the new Head of Reality TV at Seven has cancelled the planned 2023 season even though seven had purchased the licensing rights for next year and Endemol were already in pre-production planning.

Such a shame they aren’t going to even try and make a change to save the show but maybe we can get a re-invigorated return in 2024 elsewhere 🤞🏻

https://sodramaticonline.com/2022/07/26/big-brother-2023-not-coming-back/

Not exactly surprising, or new information. Nobody seemed to believe the industry insiders who said it was axed months and months ago. Most of us knew it wouldn’t be returning. “Plans” for another season don’t equate to actually receiving it.

I, for one, am pleased this particular format of Big Brother is gone. Seven only have themselves to blame.

As the last line of that article states:
“Maybe bringing back the old format would be more of a success?

Let’s wait and see how well BBUK 2023 does…

Are we really believing SD after they get so many things wrong? It does seem unlikely to come back though since there’s been nothing about casting.

Side note: SD also said Tully is going to be on the challenge? Interesting choice out of all the BB people if true…

So it looks like the new Head of Reality TV at Seven has cancelled the planned 2023 season even though seven had purchased the licensing rights for next year and Endemol were already in pre-production planning.

Such a shame they aren’t going to even try and make a change to save the show but maybe we can get a re-invigorated return in 2024 elsewhere 🤞🏻

https://sodramaticonline.com/2022/07/26/big-brother-2023-not-coming-back/
Good bye, good luck. As @the Theorist has said, best of hopes for BBUK 2023 to show that the old format still works.

Are we really believing SD after they get so many things wrong? It does seem unlikely to come back though since there’s been nothing about casting.

Side note: SD also said Tully is going to be on the challenge? Interesting choice out of all the BB people if true…
I do think SD has a contact on the production side of things to leak stuff because they use her as low key advertising when they need to. Can’t deny how badly they fucked up this season of BBAU spoilers though.

Tully leaked on some insta live that she was on another reality show soon, so it was either this or The Traitors. I’m happy to see more Tully on my screens.... but also serious WTF if they don’t get Tim back for it either.

Does BB even realy do open casting anymore?

I do think SD has a contact on the production side of things to leak stuff because they use her as low key advertising when they need to. Can’t deny how badly they fucked up this season of BBAU spoilers though.

Tully leaked on some insta live that she was on another reality show soon, so it was either this or The Traitors. I’m happy to see more Tully on my screens.... but also serious WTF if they don’t get Tim back for it either.
I’m happy to see Tully too but not sure how the challenge is a good fit for her, has she seen the show before?! I’d much rather see her on survivor. I wonder when and where it’s being filmed, anyone know?

I’m happy to see Tully too but not sure how the challenge is a good fit for her, has she seen the show before?! I’d much rather see her on survivor. I wonder when and where it’s being filmed, anyone know?
Argentina, filming August.
Megathread of info: (Challenge spoilers tend to be relatively accurate)
reddit.com/r/MtvChallenge/comments/vxdyhd/offici_cast_megathread_for_the_challenge/

Apparently Tim auditioned but doesn’t really want to be around peeps like Jess Powers/Tully, faark.

Does BB even realy do open casting anymore?
Well not anymore if it’s cancelled 💀💀💀

Argentina, filming August.
Megathread of info: (Challenge spoilers tend to be relatively accurate)
reddit.com/r/MtvChallenge/comments/vxdyhd/offici_cast_megathread_for_the_challenge/

Apparently Tim auditioned but doesn’t really want to be around peeps like Jess Powers/Tully, faark.

Well not anymore if it’s cancelled 💀💀💀
Thank you! So are we looking at a Jan/Feb premiere then? Sorry for all the questions lol

Thank you! So are we looking at a Jan/Feb premiere then? Sorry for all the questions lol
Thought it’d be later this year in the old Survivor Slot, but with The Amazing Race/Traitors/Bachelor next year seems more likely (though also has timing issues between I’m a Celeb and Survivor, as I assume they wouldn’t want a freshman show against MAFS). Winners go on to compete in a Part 2 series against other International winners, but won’t be broadcast in 10.

Also if you want to talk more about it, split off a thread in the Other Tv section and tag me, I think I’ve been told off before for getting too off topic haha

“The new head of reality TV at Channel 7 cancelled it,” the source dished. “Endemol [production company] was already in production and already coming up with ideas.”
Maybe they just terminated the contracts of the production team coming up with these terrible ideas.

But no, I think 7 killed the show. Hopefully a more successful iteration can return in the future.

If Rob’s right about Seven not giving up yet and they haven’t even started applications for the next season and it hasn’t been announced.

Wouldn’t it be the best if Upfronts come around and they announce Big Brother 2023 being live again. I wonder how cheap could they produce a live series. The UK’s revived live will probably be at a lower budget than the previous series and the Dutch version is extremely well produced for the small production costs

Surely seven can surprise us all and do something good? Or am I giving them too much credit? 😅

Last edited:
Back