Skip to main content

Will Big Brother be back in 2023?

Bertrendo

Hey guys didn’t know which thread to post this so I just thought I’d make my own!

I’ve flown down to Sydney to go to the final tonight and thought I’d pop down to the house and see if it was still standing. The backyard is still in tact and they haven’t taken down the eye entrance either.
2A6F7A03-0122-42CE-888C-DD6AC1329A7B.jpg
24FB899B-DE9A-4179-B199-207F4195B665.jpg

The house still being up and then creating a website for casting of “season 4”, do we think it’s coming back in 2023?

I’m thinking they’ll give it one more crack, potentially holding the series later in the year around quarter 4 to give it some breathing space between this season.

Thanks for the pics! I reckon they'll wait until the final Total TV ratings come in on Wednesday next week to decide (if they haven't already made a decision to cancel already). The house still being up might give some hope but we'll see.

It feels really weird having the house so close to a road 😅

The Gold Coast house and the North Head ones felt so remote and this is just smack bang in the middle of Olympic Park

Not gonna lie, none of that makes any sense to me but I’ll take it as another good sign they might be doing another season!

Basically it's the same Development Application Endemol Shine submitted for the last few series.

If they've resubmitted the Application again a few weeks ago, it would seem to indicate that another series is on the way? How the fuck they can justify it with the current ratings, is beyond me.

Basically it's the same Development Application Endemol Shine submitted for the last few series.

If they've resubmitted the Application again a few weeks ago, it would seem to indicate that another series is on the way? How the fuck they can justify it with the current ratings, is beyond me.
Exactly it's just bizarre. But I suppose cheap fodder that averages 750k viewers is good enough?

Hey guys didn’t know which thread to post this so I just thought I’d make my own!

I’ve flown down to Sydney to go to the final tonight and thought I’d pop down to the house and see if it was still standing. The backyard is still in tact and they haven’t taken down the eye entrance either.
View attachment 59024
View attachment 59025

The house still being up and then creating a website for casting of “season 4”, do we think it’s coming back in 2023?

I’m thinking they’ll give it one more crack, potentially holding the series later in the year around quarter 4 to give it some breathing space between this season.
It's possible but Ch7 will probably have to rejig the current format to woo people back next year imo.

The only reason I watched BB this year was because of the OG's vs Newbies.

Thanks for the photos and have a great night. 👍

Last edited:
I would expect S4/15 to have a sort of “revolution” theme to it. Probably the same show but an advertisement campaign to try and convince audiences it’s a new game.

Or even a subline like Big Brother: The Social Experiment or something along those lines.

I have no sense it will be cancelled. It's not that bad in the demos; and with BVOD included, it rates modestly well for the current climate of totally shithouse ratings. It's a legacy show, they would not be keen to let go.

It would be great if they took on board the criticisms of the format and the edit, which focuses so heavily on ingenious and yet repetitive and lengthy challenges that favour upper body strength or fine motor skills, and gave us more than the odd 30-second grabs of conversation about topics other than strategy.

I think their general series casting needs works, also. Kind of low on housemates with charisma...

It would be great if they took on board the criticisms of the format and the edit, which focuses so heavily on ingenious and yet repetitive and lengthy challenges that favour upper body strength or fine motor skills, and gave us more than the odd 30-second grabs of conversation about topics other than strategy.

I hate how they pretended like they were listening to the fans by bringing back nominations, but it was that painful noms/HoH shitfest swap. It just made zero sense.

I despise this format, but if they're going to keep it going, then just fully commit to the North American version. That includes a jury vote at the end.

And for the love of god, make it LIVE.

I think their general series casting needs works, also. Kind of low on housemates with charisma...
If it’s another newbie vs OG series they won’t cast more than one or two with any potential to outshine the OG’s. The only thing I could see changing is that they start offering the OG’s an appearance fee.

What's the point of even casting when they don't take people from auditions anymore? Everyone gets recruited nowadays.
It's pure laziness, and also with the assumption if someone has 1m Insta/Tiktok followers they will start tuning in? Wishful thinking there, as it turns out.

It's pure laziness, and also with the assumption if someone has 1m Insta/Tiktok followers they will start tuning in? Wishful thinking there, as it turns out.
I don’t even think that’s it, honestly; why spend time and money holding open casting calls when you can go straight to the source to find some hot people?

Back