Skip to main content

BBUS 24 - Now airing on CBS

First four enter: they must choose a ticket for BBFest from one of four stations. Once they have tickets they’ll be directed to one of three stations in the backyard. Each station is a competition that will be completed once all 16 HG’s have entered. One ticket will make someone the Backstage Boss. Julie says two people will be calling the shots this week.

Round 1 winner:

Monty

Winner advances to the MainStage to compete in the first HoH competition of BB24.

The first HoH of BB24:

Daniel

Backstage Boss:

Pooch will stay backstage all week. He cannot be nominated or vote for eviction. He will be safe for the week and can compete for HoH next week. The backstage boss has the power to send three other HG’s backstage. They cannot be nominated or vote to evict, however they are in jeopardy.

Backstage boss continued:

The three Pooch chose are:
Paloma, Alyssa, Brittany.

Americas vote:
America will vote to save either Paloma, Brittany or Alyssa. One of these three may be evicted come eviction night.

Sorry for the multiple posts but it’s the easiest way to update the premiere.

While I like the idea of a live launch the premiere is easily the weakest episode of the series. 90 minutes to simply see HG’s walk-in and complete in a live competition is not the best way to start the series.

I feel like they could easily have the HG’s enter the house midday do introductions, record a DR or two, and compete in a live HoH comp at the end of the episode.

For what it’s worth they could just scrap the live premiere and have them enter the night before. I know the hardcore fans love the night one feeds but being only a night behind is much better than behind what we used to have pre-BB22.

I also feel like Launching on a Sunday would be a far better night to premiere than Wednesday. With the live premiere they skip Thursday leaving episode two until Sunday. The Sunday premiere has the wait built in with the first eviction the following Thursday. They could easily make the first week 90 minute episodes to make up for the loss of the additional Wednesday episode.

I really hate the live premieres, it’s just slugs along especially with an ad break after every shitty comp. Like what even was that jewellery one!?

And Poosh or whatever we have to call him already getting Grodners special help is the least surprising twist in 24 seasons 😅

I really hate the live premieres, it’s just slugs along especially with an ad break after every shitty comp. Like what even was that jewellery one!?

And Poosh or whatever we have to call him already getting Grodners special help is the least surprising twist in 24 seasons 😅
I agree. That said the twist is at least something different. They’ve had isolations before but nothing that involved more than one HG.

The first eviction will likely be decided by a battle back comp.

I’m not certain the tickets were as random as they were made out to be. The scanning of the tickets seemed extremely sketch.
The fact Julie read out which competition one houseguest was going to before it even showed up on the screen during the scanning "process" didn't exactly help this feeling of it being pre-determined.

Yes, that was really underwhelming and felt really fake, from the completely unnecessary diary room inserts (we're told it's live, so why add something which makes it feel like it isn't), to the blatantly obviously fake ticket scan which ultimately felt like it fixed it for one pre-selected housemate to be favoured, to producers not even trying in randomising the order of the games people were allocated too.

Yes, from a live feeds point of view the live launch is so much better but from the broadcast show point of view it is weak, and they've made no improvements at all over the three times they've done it. It wouldn't take much to improve it either, but failing that pre-recording the night before or sending the housemates in earlier in the day then having a live comp within the show would be an acceptable compromise. Fair play to the producers though who for once actually prioritise the live feeds rather than a tightly edited show.

What also sucked was it was another episode where the men won everything and the people at risk were the women.

P.S. Really not a good idea to air The Challenge immediately after - the preview showed the challenges to be way above anything you'd see on Big Brother. Always liked the concept of that show, just not a fan of the casting direction MTV went with it.

Last edited:
Sorry for the multiple posts but it’s the easiest way to update the premiere.

While I like the idea of a live launch the premiere is easily the weakest episode of the series. 90 minutes to simply see HG’s walk-in and complete in a live competition is not the best way to start the series.

I feel like they could easily have the HG’s enter the house midday do introductions, record a DR or two, and compete in a live HoH comp at the end of the episode.

For what it’s worth they could just scrap the live premiere and have them enter the night before. I know the hardcore fans love the night one feeds but being only a night behind is much better than behind what we used to have pre-BB22.

I also feel like Launching on a Sunday would be a far better night to premiere than Wednesday. With the live premiere they skip Thursday leaving episode two until Sunday. The Sunday premiere has the wait built in with the first eviction the following Thursday. They could easily make the first week 90 minute episodes to make up for the loss of the additional Wednesday episode.
Pretty much agree on all of this - the Wednesday to Sunday feels like such a long time, especially when the premieres are fairly luke warm. I'd rather them do something over two nights (as they were with the pre-records), but live. Cut it to an hour and I think the bulk being the walk ins and then a HoH comp at the end (or starting an endurance comp) is fine, and then throw in some sort of live twist on night two.

Personally though with them now cutting a couple of weeks off the series I wouldn't mind if they cut a couple more weeks too but went to four episodes a week with two episode eviction cycles. I really think it would benefit from an accelerated format rather than us all knowing on Saturday morning who will be evicted on Thursday night, and merging the noms/veto episode means they don't need the filler comps for Sundays which just never go anywhere.

With a Wed/Thu and Sun/Mon cycle and playing the first week over four episodes and a couple of non-standard weeks at some point in the series (i.e. a Battleback replacing one cycle or just a week which kicks off with an endurance HoH comp allowed to play out over 4 eps rather than 2) they would pretty much match the number of episodes.

Pretty much agree on all of this - the Wednesday to Sunday feels like such a long time, especially when the premieres are fairly luke warm. I'd rather them do something over two nights (as they were with the pre-records), but live. Cut it to an hour and I think the bulk being the walk ins and then a HoH comp at the end (or starting an endurance comp) is fine, and then throw in some sort of live twist on night two.

Personally though with them now cutting a couple of weeks off the series I wouldn't mind if they cut a couple more weeks too but went to four episodes a week with two episode eviction cycles. I really think it would benefit from an accelerated format rather than us all knowing on Saturday morning who will be evicted on Thursday night, and merging the noms/veto episode means they don't need the filler comps for Sundays which just never go anywhere.

With a Wed/Thu and Sun/Mon cycle and playing the first week over four episodes and a couple of non-standard weeks at some point in the series (i.e. a Battleback replacing one cycle or just a week which kicks off with an endurance HoH comp allowed to play out over 4 eps rather than 2) they would pretty much match the number of episodes.
I’m not sold on the idea of having two cycles. I think the main issue with the sluggishness has more to do with the way events are scheduled. If production were willing to sacrifice turn around time and scheduled events closer to when they actual air it would solve the issue of feeling like we’re waiting for the inevitable outcome to happen. Another solution would be to allow for more live events rather than pre-recording them in advance.

I’m also not a fan of the additional filler doubling the cycle would cause… I doubt CBS would shorten the season to 8 weeks so the additional 3 to 4 weeks would increase cast size, facilitate the need to incorporate more buy backs, or add in non-elimination cycles.

So I was under the impression “backstage” was literal isolation for the week. I’m reality it’s just the four HG’s wearing shirts that say backstage while in the main house.

They're not even Have Nots - indeed they were immune from it.

Would have made much more sense for the "Backstage Boss" to have been chosen by viewers at the end of the show and then get to make decisions secretly over the first week.

Paloma is so fucking cracked and I will be sad when she gets cut.

Almost zero power on the potential block, and she’s out spearheading 6 person alliances with people who don’t even know they’re in the alliance, hiding in the bathroom stalls listening on people, starting one sided beefs for simply existing and just does NOT go to bed.

Absolute queen, and between this and Frenchie last season it really makes you think what else has been missed without week one feeds.

Last edited:
So first Sunday ep was fairly unremarkable. They kept the recap of the live show to just the opening recap thank god - no time for titles sadly. Hopefully they do have some this year but probably having to get Joseph added to them, not that I expect they'll play more than a handful of times.

No other comps in this ep so just the Have Not Reveal - indeed they didn't even show the HoH room reveal which now seems to have a semi-open plan bathroom.

Main thing seemed to be the girls alliance and Paloma and Alyssa especially, with the main take out from the episodes and the first few days of feeds being the ostracization of Taylor for basically being herself - sadly pretty much an annual occurance for an independent black woman within the show which hasn't gone unnoticed.

Back