Skip to main content

THE VIRUS 2020 - the good, the bad, and the ugly

To which I got lectured how we didn't use to worry about this stuff. Before being told the younger staff are constantly off sick.

He didn't like me telling him that everyone has COVID and is spreading it, thinking they don't have it because of how crap the RAT tests are. He the told me how earlier this year he had a really bad cold, was negative on a RAT and still went to work.
Ugh, ignorant prick. You may want to avoid that shop.

Glad you're feeling better. So many people are getting it. Keep masking up y'all.

I think you said it all there, Timmo! My thoughts exactly!

Good on you for still wearing a mask, up-all-night, if you don't want to catch what else is out there, that's the only way to do it. I still wear a mask at the shops too. And glad you're feeling better.

Glad you are feeling better too. It is nobodies business anymore the reasons why people chose to wear a mask or not wear a mask. (if it is not mandated)

Random Shop Keeper you are not entitled to know peoples medical history.

It's one of those "friendly" shopkeepers who try to make awkward small talk. They have something on their mind they want to talk about. Yet the conversation never rolls. As they aren't wanting to have a conversation. They just want to have their say about what is on their mind. So it's awkward and you don't want to be completely rude by just walking about.

It's one of those "friendly" shopkeepers who try to make awkward small talk. They have something on their mind they want to talk about. Yet the conversation never rolls. As they aren't wanting to have a conversation. They just want to have their say about what is on their mind. So it's awkward and you don't want to be completely rude by just walking about.
Wear headphones in there. Laugh like you're listening to a podcast.

Wear headphones in there. Laugh like you're listening to a podcast.

I used to always be headphones 24/7. Now I use earbuds they block out too much ambient sound. So I always take them out around shops.

There is the ambient sound mode, but I never liked it because it'd always emphasise something quiet. "WTF is that loud banging" and it'd be a tap very lightly dripping in another room.

A big pet peeve of mine is other peoples lack of situational awareness of others around them. So I don't want to contribute to that by being in a sound isolation bubble when at the shops.

They have just lifted Covid restrictions here in South Africa ,so no more masks unless you want to wear them ,it’s so strange ,I got so used to it and it’s winter here too ,at least the mask keeps your face warm .
I noticed that in some shops the staff are wearing masks and the customers was half/half depending where you go

They have just lifted Covid restrictions here in South Africa ,so no more masks unless you want to wear them ,it’s so strange ,I got so used to it and it’s winter here too ,at least the mask keeps your face warm .
I noticed that in some shops the staff are wearing masks and the customers was half/half depending where you go
Best to keep wearing them. tbh. Look at Australia: drop requirements and more people dying every day now.

Post COVID I seem to have a bit of a lingering cough. It's not constant. It comes and goes. There's just an irritation in the throat. The strange thing is that I didn't have a cough while sick with it.

I booked to go Diving in a few weeks, so hopefully it is cleared up before then. I don't think where it is now as being a problem. I would be more concerned for other people not liking someone with a dry cough on the live aboard boat.

Although risking going off topic, holy crap is everything so expensive now. Booking a few nights in Cairns, somewhere I've been a couple of times in the last few years is so much more expensive now. Any thoughts of staying longer than what is necessary for my diving trip is out the window.

Last easter where I stayed was $150 a night. Now it is $500 a night. Like wtf? Who is paying these prices?

Post COVID I seem to have a bit of a lingering cough. It's not constant. It comes and goes. There's just an irritation in the throat. The strange thing is that I didn't have a cough while sick with it.

I booked to go Diving in a few weeks, so hopefully it is cleared up before then. I don't think where it is now as being a problem. I would be more concerned for other people not liking someone with a dry cough on the live aboard boat.

Although risking going off topic, holy crap is everything so expensive now. Booking a few nights in Cairns, somewhere I've been a couple of times in the last few years is so much more expensive now. Any thoughts of staying longer than what is necessary for my diving trip is out the window.

Last easter where I stayed was $150 a night. Now it is $500 a night. Like wtf? Who is paying these prices?
Sorry to adding to going off topic. There was place we stayed in last year in blue mountains and this year we went to go again but now they wanted 700 a night. What’s worse is it then became booked out. Like how are people paying these prices indeed… is it because it’s school holidays because I don’t get it

The thing that pisses me off about Covid is that every time I get a sniffle or headache I half convince myself I've got covid... then I start back tracking the last few days and try to figure out who gave it to me :roflmao:

The next day I always wake up feeling right as rain :cool:

The thing that pisses me off about Covid is that every time I get a sniffle or headache I half convince myself I've got covid... then I start back tracking the last few days and try to figure out who gave it to me :roflmao:

The next day I always wake up feeling right as rain :cool:
It's made us all paranoid.

I was at a loss birthday party today, and a couple of people coughed, and I avoided them. I sometimes cough with sinus, so they could be doing the same thing. But hey, best to be cautious than gungho.

Yep paranoia has set in! One of our employees had Covid a couple of weeks ago and I frantically ran around our office with Glen20 and antibacterial wipes...total waste of time as they say it's airborne...but you think you have to TRY and do something.

Back