Skip to main content

Big Brother AU Greatest Moments

Who's side are you on?

• Team Michael

Votes: 22 44.0%
  • Team Gretel

Votes: 28 56.0%

• Total voters
Laura from BB07 is way too underappreciated.
Here's when she called everyone out for their group mentality after they disrespected her.

2013 - the Tim, Tully, Drew season. Mikkayla had the nomination super power to sit next to Tahan while she was nominating Mikkayla.

Didn't he get arrested for animal cruelty?
I actually had to search that up and I'm not actually sure if much eventuated. This article has someone claiming that animal protection groups got him evicted (so they used their money trying to get him out, rather than animals?) https://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/rspca-pursues-glenn-20050704-gdlml7.html

Then another here: https://www.abc.net.au/news/2005-07-26/rspca-quizzed-over-big-brother-contestant/2066626

Doesn't say he actually got arrested. There was 'investigations' but I can't find further than that.

Laura from BB07 is way too underappreciated.
Here's when she called everyone out for their group mentality after they disrespected her.

Wow, thanks for that. It reminded me of a few I forgot. I did like Laura though, but man.. Travis! Travis Perkins! Travis in that season I can't believe I forgot him until now. He was a legend! They should have bought him back as an OG for the current series so we could see if he still kept saying 'oh yeah' 'bloody oath' 'hooroo'.

Last edited:
I just remembered something from the 2002 series, when some housemates were doing yoga while some other housemates were watching and teasing...

"Now we stretch... And pick up the remote control..." Or something like that 🤣

Wow! It’s so strange seeing people you haven’t thought about for 20 years but they’re also very familiar. I remember Gretel calling that chick ‘Mirabike’ to her face because the public thought she went from guy to guy in there!
That is so true. Maybe it's a nostalgia thing and indeed a memory thing but feels like you could pick up a 20 year old episode and know who everyone is and have an idea about their personality yet watch the next episode of the current series and still need to think about who some of the people actually are.

I thought the 'Mirabike' thing was just on the forums!? Gretel said it on the show!? Wot.

After reading this thread, last night I watched the YouTube of Big Brother moments from the start to where they stopped at the end of channel nine's reign. It was a huge blast from the past, and made me realise how many of the housemates we've forgotten - or just weren't memorable.
And then I remembered Hot Dog. I don't remember him being in any of the footage, and had completely forgotten about him.
How good were those early shows with Gretel! Great memories of coming home from the pub on a Sunday, leaving my partner down there so I could get home in time for the eviction show!

Last edited:
Back