Skip to main content

Episode BBAU 2022 - Episode 22 Discussion (22 June, 7:30pm)

For the OGs to survive, which n00b should they try to get on side (except Gabbie, who already is)?

• Aleisha

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • Brenton

Votes: 7 14.0%
  • JC

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • Penis

Votes: 11 22.0%
  • Taras

Votes: 16 32.0%

• Total voters
I am merely noticing / pointing out that they have voted this way for the entire season, and I would have thought that by now, this late in the season, that things might be different.

What other way is there? Heaven forbid, they could vote on merit! That's what they'd do if it was a house full of only newbies, or if it was a house full of only OGs. For example, here's some made-up hypotheticals: Reggie votes for Drew because she noticed that he is untrustworthy and has been lieing not just to Tully but also to others. Aleisha votes for Taras because he's changed since being called out for being under the radar and that change makes him come across as a threat. Yada yada. Hmmm, let's go out on a limb here ... Tim nominates and votes for Reggie because despite being a loved house favourite and all that, she is not going to win any challenges which could help him to further his game, she keeps ruining his plans by blerting out their strategies, and she will be hard to beat in the end game with the public vote. I do get that they are sticking together and all that, but, seriously, this voting as OGs versus Newbies and vice versa is wearing a little thin. Well, with me at least.
To be honest... I was worried that it was going to be an OG's vs. Newbies game. I thought that would be so boring and predictable. But by the time I got in there, it was too late. The battle lines had been drawn and that wall between us was HIGH. And sturdy. I had good friends on both sides but when it came down to the crunch (nominating) the wall never seemed to disappear.

I tried playing as you suggested. For instance, I voted for Johnson to get HOH. We'd chatted about a truce (we'd both come for each other a few times) and I said, as a show of goodwill and to prove I'm serious about working with whoever.. I'll give you my vote for HOH. He returned the favour by helping to make sure I didn't go up during the scramble where there were only very few of us to choose from (all girls + Drew).

So I did try. Without working AGAINST the OG's.

To be honest... I was worried that it was going to be an OG's vs. Newbies game. I thought that would be so boring and predictable. But by the time I got in there, it was too late. The battle lines had been drawn and that wall between us was HIGH. And sturdy. I had good friends on both sides but when it came down to the crunch (nominating) the wall never seemed to disappear.

I tried playing as you suggested. For instance, I voted for Johnson to get HOH. We'd chatted about a truce (we'd both come for each other a few times) and I said, as a show of goodwill and to prove I'm serious about working with whoever.. I'll give you my vote for HOH. He returned the favour by helping to make sure I didn't go up during the scramble where there were only very few of us to choose from (all girls + Drew).

So I did try. Without working AGAINST the OG's.

Yeah, thanks Tully. Whilst it seems clear that pre-production meetings would have planned it to be this way, and the production and editing then went down that path, it is a shame that the game seemed to stay on that path for such a long duration. I would have thought that, at some point, those "walls" would have fallen and new alliances would have formed. The dynamic could have been so much more different, me thinks. The viewing much more interesting as a result. But, alas. Kudos to you for trying. I don't think you were the only one either (Gabbie being probably the best example).

Yeah, thanks Tully. Whilst it seems clear that pre-production meetings would have planned it to be this way, and the production and editing then went down that path, it is a shame that the game seemed to stay on that path for such a long duration. I would have thought that, at some point, those "walls" would have fallen and new alliances would have formed. The dynamic could have been so much more different, me thinks. The viewing much more interesting as a result. But, alas. Kudos to you for trying. I don't think you were the only one either (Gabbie being probably the best example).
There were a LOT of us trying! Jaycee and I, for example, had a weird little alliance (I guess?). We never came for each other (until my eviction ep, where he really didn't have a choice. He wouldn't have put a point on Johnson and a point on Drew would have been a waste).
We were trying! But at the end of the day, it IS a numbers game. And if you don't have the numbers... your move can be pointless. So you end up kind of having to go with the flow/majority. Whether you like it or not.

I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO KNOW THIS.

There was lots of chat about the universal love of Reg, lots of chat about Jaycee and his 1 million followers on TikTok. Tim being an international master of BB. But I never heard anything about me... guess it was all behind my back! 🙃
Hol' up. Jaycee has 1 million followers on TikTok? Doing what? Also, what is TikTok?

Last edited:
"Superfan" Johnson said his favourite housemate of all time is "Not Tim Dormer" and that it's Trevor.
Trevor?? He did nothing in his season & nothing in this one. He's the ultimate definition of a Pot Plant 🪴, he is just in the background being a nice person.. And a pot plant is something that sits in the background and is nice to look at :cool:
The so called 'Superfan' who apparently studied BB meticulously, somehow derived that a 🪴 is the best player BBAU has produced over the last few decades...

bb7.jpg

Trevor?? He did nothing in his season & nothing in this one. He's the ultimate definition of a Pot Plant 🪴, he is just in the background being a nice person.. And a pot plant is something that sits in the background and is nice to look at :cool:
The so called 'Superfan' who apparently studied BB meticulously, somehow derived that a 🪴 is the best player BBAU has produced over the last few decades...

View attachment 58730

Unless he means personal favourite after getting to know him.

Johnson told the old story of how funny Trevor was, jumping out on people and being a gentle giant.

Yeah I’d say it’s more as a person in the house to live with. On Ben Norris’ podcast quite a few have named Trevor as a fave. Seems like a top bloke if not the most interesting to watch on TV

Could be, but Sam Mac who interviewed him did specifically say he was talking to "Superfan Johnson" and then asked him his favourite HM of all time, so that was the context, not a general "who did you like?"...

Yeah I’d say it’s more as a person in the house to live with. On Ben Norris’ podcast quite a few have named Trevor as a fave. Seems like a top bloke if not the most interesting to watch on TV
Its interesting though - I am sure a lot of people seem a lot better to live with if you are only with them for 2-3 weeks than if you are with them for 6-7 weeks or more. Tim would be a lot to live with in a BB house for that long even if you are friends with him.

I imagine some of the housemates, especially in this pre-recorded format, had no idea who would be popular with the public or not, and if they could anticipate it they may have changed their behaviour and alliances.
The newbies clearly didn't anticipate the love there would be for Tully and Estelle, and saw them as disposable.

They probably think we're here loving Johnson, the funny one, and Aleisha and Jaycee, the cool kids.

Its interesting though - I am sure a lot of people seem a lot better to live with if you are only with them for 2-3 weeks than if you are with them for 6-7 weeks or more. Tim would be a lot to live with in a BB house for that long even if you are friends with him.
Oh I’ve said all along, Tim is my all time favourite but I think he would drive me crazy living with him. He is chaos in the game, great TV, not great for your mental health trying to play against or even with him haha.

Oh I’ve said all along, Tim is my all time favourite but I think he would drive me crazy living with him. He is chaos in the game, great TV, not great for your mental health trying to play against or even with him haha.
Absolutely - he is a producers dream as he actually creates material on top of the things they manufacture. But to live with - nope!

Absolutely - he is a producers dream as he actually creates material on top of the things they manufacture. But to live with - nope!
100% the kind of person you would love to have at your disposal in a reality tv show

Last edited:
Back